Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+17
TehInfamousAmos
Hue
Micha369
goober0331
BIG TIME MASTER
Ghadis_God
Shindori
vageta31
Bcc17
reim0027
Gazoinks
StockpileThomas
CaligoIllioneus
Pesth
BoilerFan8472
cloudyeki
greeneless
21 posters

Dueling Archer Hate Thread (Anor Londo)

greeneless
    greeneless
    Regular
    Regular

Dueling Archer Hate Thread (Anor Londo) Empty Dueling Archer Hate Thread (Anor Londo)

Post by greeneless Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:38 pm

I just killed the demons with the lightning spears, and I'm standing here... Hiding behind a pillar in thought, while giant harpoon arrows hit the walls next to me and clip through them only to stop right in front of my face.

I'm safe here, at least.

Is this even possible to attempt without a phantom to block one of the archer's arrows for you?

As if they weren't hard enough to kill, I've been trying to hit them with poison arrows while dodging their arrows. I noticed something. Their arrows don't travel in a straight line. In mid flight, they re-allign to where ever you happen to be standing, making it possible for these ridiculous knights to shoot almost clean around a corner.

Try it for yourself, and watch the broken flight path with amusement just before you get knocked back 10 meters on the platform you're standing on.

Anyway. I think I'm about to go up there. Pray for me.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Dueling Archer Hate Thread (Anor Londo) Empty Re: Dueling Archer Hate Thread (Anor Londo)

Post by cloudyeki Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:44 pm

Go back to the small area where the 3 winged demons were. Where the last one stood to the side of the stairs, behind it is a second sloped walkway. From there you can poison the archer on the right and wait it out. After that you can safely run up and get to the bonfire
    BoilerFan8472
    BoilerFan8472
    Addicted
    Addicted

Dueling Archer Hate Thread (Anor Londo) Empty Re: Dueling Archer Hate Thread (Anor Londo)

Post by BoilerFan8472 Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:46 pm

You can't block the arrows don't even try(even phantoms will fall off and die)

Sprint(hold O)and run to the one on the right and he'll pull out a sword and hit your shield(use great shield(if your strength is to low just two hand and block)) and he'll fall off the edge. Repeat for the one on the left if you want the souls.

Pesth
    Pesth
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Pesth Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:10 pm

Or try to parry him like a boss!
    CaligoIllioneus
    CaligoIllioneus
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by CaligoIllioneus Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:34 pm

The key here is sprinting towards the right one and roll under an arrow...they are slow so it's not as hard as it sounds. You usually have to dodge only one arrow like that, then the other knight will not be able to shoot you.
    StockpileThomas
    StockpileThomas
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by StockpileThomas Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:56 pm

I hate these guys... a lot.

Run to the right, dodge (don't block) the arrows, either parry, SMASH, or knock the knight off the ledge. Don't worry about the one to the left so much; he can't shoot you once you're close to the other knight.

9 times out of 10 I have phantoms with me when I do this, but I've done it a few times by myself, and it sucks.
    Gazoinks
    Gazoinks

Post by Gazoinks Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:36 pm

Definitely one of the most obnoxious parts of the game, especially on a first playthrough. By now I've played enough to deal with it without too much trouble, but I still try to summon Phantoms. One time I summoned a guy with a maxed Lightning Zwei who ran up and totally obliterated the knights. 'twas awesome. big grin
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:49 pm

I've done them so many times, they are second nature. Run up the pillar, turn right, pan the camera to that archer, roll under the arrows. Gotta learn the timing since sometimes he'll just spam arrows. Parry. I've also practiced parrying these guys, so that part is easy. A little practice and they won't be a problem anymore.
    Bcc17
    Bcc17
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Bcc17 Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:49 pm

reim0027 wrote:I've done them so many times, they are second nature. Run up the pillar, turn right, pan the camera to that archer, roll under the arrows. Gotta learn the timing since sometimes he'll just spam arrows. Parry. I've also practiced parrying these guys, so that part is easy. A little practice and they won't be a problem anymore.

Don't even need to worry about rolling under the arrows if you haul booty up the ramp, unless when you're on the ledge the archer gets one or two arrows off.

I still don't see why people are so scared of this part, the left archer literally does nothing.
    greeneless
    greeneless
    Regular
    Regular

Post by greeneless Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:01 pm

BoilerFan8472 wrote:You can't block the arrows don't even try(even phantoms will fall off and die)

Sprint(hold O)and run to the one on the right and he'll pull out a sword and hit your shield(use great shield(if your strength is to low just two hand and block)) and he'll fall off the edge. Repeat for the one on the left if you want the souls.

If I'm with phantom's I will get up on the top ledge and block the left archer's arrows. It pushes you straight backwards, you won't fall off. But, if someone isn't dealing with the other knight you will get shot in the back (and then fall off).
    CaligoIllioneus
    CaligoIllioneus
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by CaligoIllioneus Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:02 pm

I still don't see why people are so scared of this part, the left archer literally does nothing.

It's because if you are too reckless and don't roll under the arrow you usually get hit by the right archer, and if you are super careful and try to block (like a new player would be) you die from any of the archers making you fall...

It's not a hard sequence if you did it several times and got the hang of it, but it has the potential to be a very annoying roadblock.

if someone isn't dealing with the other knight you will get shot in the back (and then fall off).

If you sprint without stopping and rush the right one, the left archer won't be able to hit you
    greeneless
    greeneless
    Regular
    Regular

Post by greeneless Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:05 pm

Bcc17 wrote:I still don't see why people are so scared of this part, the left archer literally does nothing.

I've been shot off the ledge by the left archer about a dozen times, lol.
    BoilerFan8472
    BoilerFan8472
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by BoilerFan8472 Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:07 pm

I've never had to roll under arrows. Just run up and block one sword strike and the knight falls off...
    vageta31
    vageta31
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by vageta31 Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:47 pm

There are plenty of different methods but I think the most direct method is the easiest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0E_Lf7FUN0&feature=player_detailpage#t=444s
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:23 am

I always have to roll. If I block one, I get knocked off. Only rarely does a knight knock himself off for me.

EDIT: vag - that's exactly what I do.
    Shindori
    Shindori
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Shindori Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:45 am

...Don't listen to anyone in this thread. Here's what you do.

First off, pump this jam:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErCAOMi5EGM
    It'll make you feel like a badass during this whole thing.
    Sprinting? Forget that nonsense. Just walk it.you can roll, right? Roll dodge the arrows like a boss.
    Once you get to the top, forget the other archer, cuz once you're close to the other, the far one won't even effing matter.
    Now's where it get's tricky. you can either a) WOG that lil b!tch off the edge. b) taunt him. He can't do sh!t to you. c) roll dodge those arrows like a boss until he takes out his sword. then backstep. he'll walk right off the edge.
    Then you strut you boss *** to that bonfire and play lordran roulette with sunbro at the mothaf!ckin bonfire, you earned it.
    Dueling Archer Hate Thread (Anor Londo) 3596227959
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:58 am

If you go around the left side of the central pillar, the left archer will realign himself and not shoot you while you dodge and kill the right one. If you go around the right side, you're getting shot in the back.
    BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:52 pm

When mighty Conan faced sorcerers with their black magics and devilry he instinctually knew what to do, rush them!

These guys are simple, but you must attack without regard for your own life. Only then can victory be achieved!
    Gazoinks
    Gazoinks

Post by Gazoinks Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:33 pm

I think part of the difficulty is that the game teaches you that going slowly and cautiously is always the best strategy, so it's kind of jarring when all of a sudden you have to do a crazy bullrush in order to get past this area.
    goober0331
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by goober0331 Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:50 pm

Shindori wrote:...Don't listen to anyone in this thread. Here's what you do.

First off, pump this jam:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErCAOMi5EGM
    It'll make you feel like a badass during this whole thing.
    Sprinting? Forget that nonsense. Just walk it.you can roll, right? Roll dodge the arrows like a boss.
    Once you get to the top, forget the other archer, cuz once you're close to the other, the far one won't even effing matter.
    Now's where it get's tricky. you can either a) WOG that lil b!tch off the edge. b) taunt him. He can't do sh!t to you. c) roll dodge those arrows like a boss until he takes out his sword. then backstep. he'll walk right off the edge.
    Then you strut you boss *** to that bonfire and play lordran roulette with sunbro at the mothaf!ckin bonfire, you earned it.
    Dueling Archer Hate Thread (Anor Londo) 3596227959

Wow, Lil Wayne? Really? Really? ReeeeaaaalllllY?????

Anyway..... just run left around pillar, go to the right knight and dodge his arrows until he switches to melee, then parry.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:50 pm

I used to get such a rush off this, never knowing if I'm going to get knocked off or lose my stamina and die. Now, I can almost do it blind folded.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:46 am

It's still a bit tense for me, I get it maybe 80% of the time but there's a chance I roll at too much of an angle into the wall and their shot hits me.
    Micha369
    Micha369
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Micha369 Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:14 am

Hello folks,

I read that it is possible to poison them with poisoned arrows. I just for that bought a few. And I hit the right archer at leaste tree times (before I made a mistake and died myself). But the archer didn't die! How long does it take for this guy to die? How many poisoned arrows have to hit him?
    Each arrow only do him 9 or 10 points of harm.

Thanks for your help!

best wiches
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:30 am

It takes some time. I haven't done it in a while, but it takes at least 2 rounds.
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:53 am

It is easier if you mindlessly run towards the archer on the right, and when you make it to the top, block his arrow while facing away from the wall, that way, you'll be knocked back against the wall, then you can proceed to attack and figh him like a regular sword knight

I've always done this and i've died like 2 or 3 times so far, because of the other archer shooting around the corner, or the still alive demons throwing their spears at me

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 1:36 pm