Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+27
TheMeInTeam
Latitoast
BagerX2
GrinTwist
WaffleGuy
SlakeMoth
AnCapaillMor
The Letter X
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
hey its andres
Rynn
Micha369
lextune
Maneater_Mildred
reim0027
DoughGuy
Wounding_Peregrine
Griever
Carphil
NedroidPrime
befowler
Uparkaam
deadagain
middya
Tolvo
Akatik
Ironliftr3
31 posters

Anor Londo Archer's

Ironliftr3

Anor Londo Archer's Empty Anor Londo Archer's

Post by Ironliftr3 Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:02 pm

GOD I hate these guys. I've gotten through them previously, but it seems it's always 50% luck and 50% prayer. What is the strategy for these guys? Obviously head to the right. Is it to not use a shield and take the arrows to the chest so you don't get knocked off? Or just rush and time rolls? I'm about to come up to these guys again, and dreading it already, especially since I have a load of souls to lose.

What have you guys found works best?
    Akatik
    Akatik
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Anor Londo Archer's Empty Re: Anor Londo Archer's

Post by Akatik Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:06 pm

Just time it right and position yourself so your back is to the wall. That way, when you block the arrows, you'll just back into the wall.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:07 pm

If you stand a little ways into the bridge you can stand still and their arrows hit the side of it. From here with a bow you can use poison arrows to tag them. Your arrows won't do damage, but they'll build poison and then kill them over time. If your arrows are hitting them but you see no numbers remember, no damage until you see the purple cloud.
    middya

Post by middya Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:10 pm

The first few toons I just equipped the eagle shield for stability (to minimize the risk of being knocked off) and a spear, and moved up there as quick as possible... I think parrying works pretty well too, been a while since I last took them on.
    Ironliftr3

Post by Ironliftr3 Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:23 pm

I read about the poison arrows, but didn't know where the 'safe' spot to fire at them was. Going to try that one. Thanks Tolvo!
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:24 pm

No problem! Middya's idea is a great one as well, there are a few Greatshields you could have by this point, just make sure you don't get knocked too far back. There is also the trick of just sprinting the whole thing and hugging the silver knight so that he takes out his sword, then you can parry riposte him. But this one can easily lead to a death.
    deadagain
    deadagain
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by deadagain Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:27 pm

Go to the right archer first. Time your roll with the arrow shot that should buy u time to het close to him. He will then pull out a.sword during that animation you can combustion him till he's dead. If your a mage use MGS 1 hand r2 attack and that will knock him off ledge. I only died like 15 times before I figured it out silly
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:38 pm

Ring of fog. It helps a ton. Run up to the one on right and parry him into oblivion.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:17 pm

Another option is to sprint up (not regular running/movement) with a silver/black knight shield +5 in front of you. You don't need to time this particularly carefully since if you sprint they'll just shoot behind you the whole way up. Once you reach the top roll if he tries to shoot you, and wedge yourself up against him. When he switches to a sword, parry him. You'll either kill him outright, or in NG+ etc almost always kick him off. If you are with friends, even if you can't parry him, just stand there blocking and your friends can hit him in the back with arrows/spells with impunity.

The easiest way to practice is coop; drop your sign at the base of the first stairs beyond the elevator or just past the rotating stairs and do a bunch of no risk runs on them.
    NedroidPrime
    NedroidPrime
    Regular
    Regular

Post by NedroidPrime Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:13 pm

I personally ran up to the wall, got in the small corner to the right (immediately before the knight), put up my shield and faced out. The guy on the other side can't hit you, and when the one that is close to you attacks with his sword, he bounces back and falls off the edge.

Learned that one from the spear Hollow under the Red Drake. I really hate that guy, lol
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:56 pm

Here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nl06oKdNiuI&list=PL5050FF542853A37B&index=45&feature=plpp_video

Its in portuguese but very easy to understand, you don't necessary have to parry the right archer, when he switch to sword, he will attack and fall
    Griever
    Griever
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Griever Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:20 pm

I have only used one method. I hide behind the first wall then wait for an arrow to go past. I then walk up the path to the right. I keep walking until I reach the building wall. I then take out the first archer to the right by rolling to dodge his attacks. Kill this guy then take out the second, again by rolling to dodge his arrows.
    Wounding_Peregrine

Post by Wounding_Peregrine Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:26 pm

With the ring of fog you can get up with ease, approach the silver knight until they draw their sword and then slowly bait them back to where you came from. You can then give it the slip around the squaretower/spire thing where most players initially take cover after the batwing demons.

Hidden body works just as well.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:59 pm

I have noticed that these guys have a disregard fro physics at times. Multiple times I have been using a greatshield while in the ledge where the archer is and his arrow has hit me into the wall and I have bounced off to my death. Once this almost happened except I was saved by being hit in the back by an arrow from the other archer which cancelled out the knockback.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:34 pm

Befowler's strategy is what I use. I just run up the first bridge. Hide behind the pillar until they shoot an arrow. Go around the right side and run up the bridge. At the top, turn right, angle your camera to the archer and prepare to roll. Keep running toward him and roll under the arrows. When he takes out his sword, parry him.

The roll timing takes some practice, same with the parry. But, it doesn't take too long to get the timing down.
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:51 pm

Sprint all the way to the right archer, roll past the last arrow, r2 with a zweihander 2handed, game over.
    Have not died to them in the last 20 odd times.
    lextune
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by lextune Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:59 pm

I used to melee them, and did it 10 different ways, with varying degrees of success.

Now I just lob a few poison arrows at each of them, and then go have a snack while they die....

...honestly, I go get a snack; it takes like five full minutes for the bastards to die, lol.

Also; very often the poison will take them down right to the point of death but not kill them, if it does, just repoison them to eat their last bit of hp.
    Ironliftr3

Post by Ironliftr3 Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:36 am

Man, hate those guys. I was trying to do a low level run, (SL7). I tried the poison arrow route. I could NOT hit those SOB's without getting knocked off. I was also using the short bow. I gave up, leveled up, and summonsed help.

I hate those guys.
    Micha369
    Micha369
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Micha369 Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:32 am

I just made it with my sl1 toon and a Heater Shiled+10. I dodged one arrow from the right hand side archer and easily made it close to him. I raised my shield and blocked two or three hits and then the archer fell off the cilff. This time it really was easy.
    The Demon's Spear Demons are easily taken out one by one, they also sometimes fall off the platforms.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:35 pm

I have a tactic, but I can't really explain it. Whenever I try to put it into words it just becomes "Well make sure that one guy doesn't shoot an arrow at your back"
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:47 pm

Run past the arrows (sprinting will allow you to not get hit at all) until you get to the top ledge. Time your rolls as you go left so that you dodge all the arrows. Then put your back against the wall and block all of the silver knight's attacks, he should be using a sword. Eventually he'll walk off the ledge and the second archer won't be able to hurt you. big grin 
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:41 pm

I run up, go to the left round the first barrier, and roll under the knight's arrows.  I parry him and knock him off.  I rarely get hit by the other knight's arrows that way.  Once you've learned the timing, it really isn't bad.

Oh, and welcome back, Rynn. I'ts been a few months. Good to have you back.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:53 pm

I wasn't aware I left. big hug 
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:04 pm

Rynn FTFW!!! Joy Joy Joy Joy Joy 
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:11 pm

I normally jog up to the wall, take a right, and fight the Black Knight that blocks your path. It's become routine with practice.

By the way Pendant, sorry for cutting your reunion short in the other thread.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:56 pm