Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+148
Ifrit
SageOfToads123
Lich180
MikailArksot
StiffNipples
VelvetyOyster5
OminousSquaffle
GenericUsername
SadPanda
tonberryking01
Lmaousine
A Fierce Plankton
CephGabriel
DemonOfFate
Satoshi
divinebeanpole
Wolfsbane
MiareNoKo
Hugh_G_Johnson
Tolvo
ResIsBestStat
Squashy_Avocado
CarverUpqik
Elifia
Thedeadships
jimmyc0341
sure-magicians
Derksers
dragonblade
AnCapaillMor
Forum Pirate
Walter_White
Latitoast
ADirtySlate
twilightwarwolf
skarekrow13
Dibsville
Brigade
Paragon
Pilgrim34
Tchuwib
Tanklord
Werdax
BlazingSoul
Sneezer
KrazykevS10
Zyrrashijn
MistahrFox
Demon Slayer
BLA1NE
FlorisFreakshow
VaDoom
grossemesser
Anchises
densetsushun
sicktwist
Poozila
Folthanos
DMC
amaro57
ted1023
vixder/pennywise
gmwdim
Juutas
ZikoLogiKa NL
Ashran
RePaused
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
BagerX2
sunbro
Drydwir
Xero
Hydreigon11
Murkulanvippi
JaffaCakes
User1
Soris Ice Goldwing
Slarg232
firefighter_raven
Mr.Pickle
SpecialNewb
Kyōkai
drmuto
EeAyEss
rety
Rifter7
FinPeku
Halicarnassis
Coryf2209
Sentiel
XDHappyDX
DemonRider909
Aznul
Elite Knight
Phoenix Rising
Automancer
Rynn
Revoltage
BoggedBox
GkMrBane
Carphil
AnastaciaAstora
TheMeInTeam
OmniBot
argotthar
BackstabFisherman
FattyOfDoom
PlasticandRage
Kirk-Barb
Rarayn
Wilkinson3424
zasmyenok
The Letter X
CaptanSpudsy
Lord of Ash
Razielthemanslayer
joemann
ViralEnsign_
OrnsteinFanBoy
lonewolf
Avenger649
edgie_za
Ryndis
FruitPunchNinja
Cabjoy
Deathsitexxi
befowler
WandererReece
GrinTwist
XuitusTheGreat
callipygias
reim0027
Mr. Tart
greeneless
bmurn
Rudmed
T-King-667
ChaosMoogle
Spurgun
Fatneckwood
BrotherBob
Noob-of-Artorias
Ghadis_God
SublimeSinner
Glutebrah
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Seignar
xSomax
152 posters

PvP tales!

xSomax
    xSomax
    Addicted
    Addicted

PvP tales! Empty PvP tales!

Post by xSomax Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:59 pm

basically, post any tale you feel like regarding PvP. heres on of mine from earlier.

While PvPing in the burg, i invaded someone. he was behind me, with havels, MoTM, a GS, with a companion. after being killed in these obviously less than favorable odds(mid roll, wasn't able to get out of range of the attack in time), he messaged me "sucks to suck". i replied "says the guy in the Generic PvP gear, Spawn BS'ing, with an ally". he replied "scoreboard" meaning "i still won". i reply "i don't keep track of dishonourable fights. keep your ego to yourself until you REALLY win". all i got in reply was "ha, bye".

i don't feel bad at losing to anyone. usually it just means i suck as compared to them, and i use the experiences to improve. this though, i didn't get mad, i just had to laugh at the guy for thinking he'd accomplished something other than metaphorically shooting fish in a barrel.

well, thats my story. regale me with some of your own!

Last edited by befowler on Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:11 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Please do not name individual players in an attempt to disparage.)
    xSomax
    xSomax
    Addicted
    Addicted

PvP tales! Empty Re: PvP tales!

Post by xSomax Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:08 pm

Come on guys, its been 3 hours lol. any stories at all will do. if it amused you, post it!
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:23 pm

I invaded in New Londo against a host with 2 phantoms. To counter the obvious BS , I ran to the narrow bridge to fight 1-on-1, athe first white phantom charged at me as I ran across the bridge. I decided to pull off the "Run and turn" technique for a counter BS, in hopes it would finish him first. I missed and he perfomed a run attack, but the momentum carried him off the bridge (on top that he missed) due to the fact that his lock-on was altered when I ran past him.

So...there is the host and his Sunbro. I approach them, the host doesn't know what to do and the Sunbro, in the most despicable act I have ever seen, left the host to die. So I observe the host and notice he is a newbie in full Havel with greatshield and large weapon and no transient curse on, and his phantom ditched him. I decide to put an end to this invasion and BC out.

PvP tales! 3248139268 Shame on you Sunlight Warrior (he doesn't deserve the tittle Sunbro)
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:36 pm

mine takes place in the ctacombs... so im just running through to clear the place out and make myself a fire weapon and i get invaded. don't know where he is so i decide to run to the midway fog door across patches t(r)oll bridge to wait and see what the guys using and whether i should fight or just bolt for the boss... as i run acrossed the bridge patches does his thing but i make it acrossed and as i turn to watch i see a red shadow slip off the bridge and fall to their doom...
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:55 pm

one of my most recent memorable pvp invasions happened on the PC version.

i invaded the township the hot spot for pvp, and the host wasn't at the start waiting for duels so i started venturing through the level to look for him. He wasn't to far in he was on the circle area right after the first long stretch of narrow wooden planks for those who are familiar with the new area.

the host was there with a phantom who promtly tried to hide in the stairwell that goes down from the circle roof/area as if i didn't see him. so i do the face palm/bekon gesture a few times, and drop a Bloated head in the middle of the wooden planks as a gift and start pointing down at it.

Finally the Phantom charges me and Host is right behind, neither the host nor the phantom pick up my gift and at this momment i decide i will not engage the host until he recieves his gift and i can drop a "thank you" stone. so after dodging them a few times i keep running back to the gift and pointing down when ever i can.

At this point i am on the narrow platform and the phantom being a sunbro has me worried he was WoG or force to knock me off, he charges me so i start running to the circle area where the host and him originally were, i do a blind stop run turn around unlocked parry and actually land it on the phantom who did a running attak and killed him with the riposte. (was the most epic parry i ever pulled off in my dark souls career.

So now at this point the host seems hesitant to come at me so i casually walk back to the gift i dropped and start pointing at it agian, finally the host picks it up i bow, say thank you with the stone and let the host BS kill me.
    SublimeSinner
    SublimeSinner
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SublimeSinner Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:47 am

A guy got close to hit me with a *insert weapon here* once. I tanked it and hit him two handed with my +15 zweihander until he died. True story.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:48 am

I invaded the Cats today, the host had a phantom and was going through the level. They thought they'd be smart and drop off the bridge onto the place where you find the great scythe, I shot from above and hit the phantom with a SS, instant kill, then the host dropped one more level down which opened him up for my plunge attack, not an instant kill but he was trapped on the ledge will little HP left, you can guess what happened lol.
    Noob-of-Artorias
    Noob-of-Artorias
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Noob-of-Artorias Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:59 am

Darkmooned into Anor Londo, met my opponent at the end of the bridge sans the spiral staircase (the moveable one) After firing off all 4 of my Soul Spears, and almost all of my Homing Soul Masses, I switched to my Pyromancy for my 1 cast of Firestorm, I lured him to the end of the bridge and put my back to the edge, He could have very easily stunlocked me to death, but instead circled around to try and backstab me, as soon as he was behind me (with not an inch left before the drop, my storm goes off and launches him over the edge.

Prostration
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:43 am

I invaded Anor Londo not too long ago, there was a lone solo host who was seriously new, I'm guessing first playthrough. He was in all GHB set with a Claymore that was not highly upgraded and using the Knight shield. I get him down to low health and he starts backing up, I feel kind of bad since my build is so powerful so I stop in place and let him heal. This goes on for a while, he lands maybe a hit per two flasks he uses, and I'm down around 40% health after he has used 10-15 flasks fighting me. I'm essentially toying with him, not sure whether or not to ultimately kill him, when I decide to teach him a lesson about parries (he would always run right up to me and spam r1 with the clay). So he runs up and swings, I miss my parry by about a quarter of a second, miss my second parry by about the same amount, and roll away. He follows and I decide to swing, he blind parries my MLGS despite not having tried it at all before during the match, and kills me on the riposte. I'm so proud of my new disciple.
    xSomax
    xSomax
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xSomax Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:28 pm

wow lots of good stories here. lots of funny stuff too. and as for the epicest parry ever, geez man, thats some skill and luck!
    BrotherBob
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BrotherBob Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:44 pm

Seignar wrote:Shame on you Sunlight Warrior (he doesn't deserve the tittle Sunbro)
    While most of the time, summons will engage an invader to defend the host, some summons believe that it is more "honorable" to let the host engage the invader alone so that it is a 1v1 fight.
    Of course, if the host and the summon were going to fight the boss, then you are right: shame on the Sun Bro for not defending the host.
    Still, it was very nice of you to quit a duel with a newbie.
    BrotherBob
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BrotherBob Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:53 pm

I was invading in the Forest. I spawned at the top of the stairs in time to notice that my opponent had used the "Tranquil Walk of Peace" effect of the Stone Greatsword. In my frenzy to get away from him, I foolishly backed up toward the left, and fell off the stairs and onto the narrow ledge that players use to farm Forest Hunter NPC souls. My opponent pursued me and tried to jump onto the ledge as well, but missed and plummeted to his death (almost like how the Forest hunter NPCs leap to their death). 30 seconds later, I got a message: "unbeliebable"
    Fatneckwood
    Fatneckwood
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Fatneckwood Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:26 pm

Invaded in the Burg once butt naked with a sack on my head. I found a guy wearing the same thing! What are the odds? Anywho, after a series of cheers and dances, we had the brilliant idea of throwing prism stones. We kept tossing them then eventually got invaded.....by a dragon head glitcher......glitching more prism stonees :shock: We did this for 20 minutes and there were so many we couldnt even look in the general direction of the stones, even if walls were in the way! Needless to say our games eventually crashed lol.
    xSomax
    xSomax
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xSomax Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:38 am

good to know lol, how many would you say you and him dropped?

as for brother bobs story, i think thats some funny stuff. never anything more satisfying then being at a disadvantage and the enemy messes up and kills themself.
    xSomax
    xSomax
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xSomax Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:09 am

well, heres a tale that happened to me a little while ago. i was invading in the burg, usually losing, but when i get the same guy again, i'd get better. in one of the worlds i'd invaded, the host was across the bridge area towards the undead merchant. another dark phantom was standing on the bonfire side of the bridge, in a corner, doing nothing, and another had just died, though at the time i was unsure of how. i just saw that he was going back. i walked slowly towards the bridge, unsure of what to do. the phantom wasn't trying for the host, but i wasn't sure if it was because i had invaded or not. when i went for the host, assuming the other phantom was AFK, i was backstabbed from behind and subsequently ganged up on. i don't hate losing, but tricking other players like this really pisses me off. i didn't expect an ally in the red phantom, but i didn't expect the phantom and host to be in cahoots. this is quite the cheap strategy if you ask me
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:19 am

Ghadis_God wrote:
    Spoiler:

This happens all the time to me, only that they mostly kill me with a lucky BS.
    I'm just to kind :x
    Fatneckwood
    Fatneckwood
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Fatneckwood Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:04 am

xSomax wrote:good to know lol, how many would you say you and him dropped?

Easily over a thousand. You could not see the ground in the Burg arena up the stairs across the bridge all over the room up the stairs again and it crashed when we covered about half of the upper burg where the firebomb throwers are. Twas crazy.
    xSomax
    xSomax
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xSomax Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:16 am

damn. is the am hours when all the little kiddies come out? cuz i ain't getting anything but a bunch of honorless asses. one was a white phantom that shot me while i was bowing and the host backstabbed, and whenever i invade them he 2-shots me with i think CMW. the other is this guy who just kept taunting me. didn't really attack till a little while through, then he facepalmed, then decided to stab me to death with a lightning spear. why is it that all of this happens in the early mornings, yet near midnight to about 4 i get perfectly honorable fights? heck, i invade a lot of people repeatedly by accident, and 2 of em said that i'm a fun guy to fight. then 5 o-clock hits and every little kiddie, over-powered ***, and glitcher comes out to play...
    ChaosMoogle
    ChaosMoogle
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ChaosMoogle Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:47 am

This thread cheers me up happy I'll share mine from yesterday.

I'm hanging around for PvP at the bonfire outside Darkroot, and this guy invades me. He's not very good and keeps running into my locked off pyro's, and then running off to heal. I let him, but then he eventually decides he's had enough and so runs off into the mob of Oolacile Knights. I figure I have enough time to follow him and kill him before they all wake up, but of course he's already run through the area and woken them all up. That char was in NG++ so I get hammered with TWoP and pounded into the ground. Fail.

He invades me again about 10 minutes later and proceeds to run straight back to the Oolacile Knights. I make it crystal clear that I'm not going to follow him, but he's welcome to waste his time. I jump up onto the broken down wall next the bonfire and wait, looking at both directions in case he decides to double back via the wolf ring jump. This goes on for about 10 minutes, and so I decide to be a smart*** and message him saying 'I have the High Ground, Anakin! You can't win!', and just as I'm about the finish sending the message he R1 spams me to death with this Lightning WP. Whatever. I finish sending the message anyway. Maybe he'll learn not to take winning so seriously silly
    xSomax
    xSomax
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xSomax Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:18 pm

dang, now thats a good sport. not many people could do that as patiently, and be so unaffected
    T-King-667
    T-King-667
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by T-King-667 Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:47 pm

Once upon a time Back when there was a 8 man tournament hosted by a website that i entered (the contest host drew us pictures of our characters and stuff it was pretty awesome) So i was at sl 99 with my shieldless tarkus build that i was going to use for that tourny and i was at the area just before the centipede demon. I got invaded so i went down the giant tree bridge a little ways and droped off onto the ledge to the right (the ledge that has the corpse with the knight soul) And watched from above as he began to make his way up from the bottom of the tree bridge... watching patiently i waited for the right moment and then i jumped off and began my 50 foot plummet towards the bridge below and took my sword out and started a plundgeing attack and i landed directly ontop of him resulting in a ohko practically vertically cutting him in half. To my amazement the fall never killed me. That was a damn good moment for me.
    xSomax
    xSomax
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xSomax Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:52 pm

geez, thats a bit overkill don'tcha think? on the other hand, not dying and practically splitting a dude in half from that height is quite the achievement, so nice job XD
    T-King-667
    T-King-667
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by T-King-667 Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:57 pm

xSomax wrote:geez, thats a bit overkill don'tcha think? on the other hand, not dying and practically splitting a dude in half from that height is quite the achievement, so nice job XD
    The man was there to take my souls and my humanity... no remorse.
    xSomax
    xSomax
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xSomax Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:26 pm

fair enough t-king. can't say i blame ya. twas a bit of a gambit though wasn't it? there was a high probability of you missing, not to mention dying anyways
    T-King-667
    T-King-667
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by T-King-667 Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:48 pm

xSomax wrote:fair enough t-king. can't say i blame ya. twas a bit of a gambit though wasn't it? there was a high probability of you missing, not to mention dying anyways
    B**ch please, i work full time at a company called tgo (tossing gollems overboard "tm") And im currently the only person working there. So im a professional at things such as this, sometimes when im working ill even jump on the gollem as hes about to fall over and punch its ugly face with my shield as we both plummet to the depths below. and i STILL survive. Dont ask me how im pretty sure its a game breaker that im able to do all of this but its what i do. Even the abyss needs a ring to touch me.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 07, 2024 10:28 pm