Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
callipygias
Shakie666
Seignar
cloudyeki
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
biribis
10 posters

I killed blacksmith vamos. How screwed am I?

biribis

I killed blacksmith vamos. How screwed am I? Empty I killed blacksmith vamos. How screwed am I?

Post by biribis Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:07 am

I was trying to kill one of those skelletons on wheels and I accidentally hit the blacksmith vamos. I had no idea you could de aggro an NPC by talking to an "edward" in a church so I killed him. Not being able to ascend weapons to fire or chaos will give me a huge disadvantage later in the game or not being able to finish it? How screwed am I? Thanks in advance for your advice big grin
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

I killed blacksmith vamos. How screwed am I? Empty Re: I killed blacksmith vamos. How screwed am I?

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:09 am

If you just want to beat the game then you aren't screwed at all. Just make a Lightning weapon at the Giant Blacksmith.

EDIT: It isn't an Edward that you would be looking for, the guy's name is Oswald.
    biribis

I killed blacksmith vamos. How screwed am I? Empty Re: I killed blacksmith vamos. How screwed am I?

Post by biribis Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:18 am

What do you exactly mean by "If you just want to beat the game"? Is there a terrible consequence for what I did? thanks again big grin
    biribis

Post by biribis Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:19 am

Should I start all over again? I did it once and I don't want to waste 24+ hours of game
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:21 am

No, it's just that unless you were making a build solely dedicate to using Chaos/Fire weapons then you'll be good to beat the game. If you gives us your stats we could tell you what to do.

Plus, you could always use Quelaag's Soul and get the Furysword/Chaos Blade and have a fire weapon for yourself.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:24 am

Aye, the other 2 smiths are far more important than Vamos. Kinda sad, but yeah you're fine as is right now. And if you wanna make fire/chaos weapons just complete the game and go into NG+
    biribis

Post by biribis Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:41 am

Thanks you all for you advice!! I'll continue playing then!!
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:57 am

Like said, out of all the Blacmismiths, the only ones you should worry about killing are the Giant and Andre, they are very key blacksmiths in making all kinds of weapons, especially considering Andre accepts a ton of embers and the giant makes lightning weapons (equivalent to fire really), in addition to opening up demon weapons and being in fact, very useful for gathering some of the rarer materials in the game.
    biribis

Post by biribis Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:41 am

Thanks for you help. You're really nice guys!!
    biribis

Post by biribis Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:06 am

I'm on a level 24 pyromancer.
    Vitality: 16
    Attunement: 19
    endurance 11
    strength 12
    dexterity 14
    resistance 12
    intellingence 10
    faith 18
    I'm fighting with a battle axe ascended to divine +1
    I'm on the catacombs level. I've only defeated the gargoyles and the butterfly
    Thanks for your advice winking
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:34 am

You only killed the Gargoyles and are in the catacombs?
    TURN RIGHT NOW THIS INSTANT

The catacombs are an end-game area and not a very loved one at that. Save yourself the misery and head back to Firelink. Trust me, it isn't worth going down there...for ANY reason, unless you are desperate for miracles. The area will be too tough for you.

What you should be doing is heading into the Depths and locate one of Andre's Embers, the most important ember in the game. From there you should be heading into Blighttown to ring the second bell.

If you insist on continuing on this mission into the catacombs. Only beat the boss so you can get a useful item for the game AND if you're out there to save Ms. Astrea #2 then you DO NOT rest at any bonfire following the boss...for absolutely any reason
    biribis

Post by biribis Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:54 pm

Wow, thank you very much for the info!!! Anyway I was about to leave the area because that part of the tomb of the giants is too tough!! I've died countless times so far trying to get to the bottom of the stage. Those big skeletons are really difficult!! Thanks for the information!!!
    Shakie666
    Shakie666
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Shakie666 Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:28 pm

How is the catacombs an end-game area? ToTG is sure, but all you need for the catacombs is astora's straight sword (assuming you can wield it). Admittedly, bonewheels are a pain, but they're easy enough to run past and they don't do THAT much damage if your quick enough.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:02 pm

I doubt the game had running past the bonewheels in mind when they designed that level. I'm pretty sure the skeletons at Firelink are there to very clearly say to the new player BACK AWAY SLOWLY -- YOU ARE NOT READY FOR THIS YET.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:34 pm

callipygias wrote:I doubt the game had running past the bonewheels in mind when they designed that level. I'm pretty sure the skeletons at Firelink are there to very clearly say to the new player BACK AWAY SLOWLY -- YOU ARE NOT READY FOR THIS YET.
    The skeletons wane you off, but i see a lot of players go to the catacombs next.

However, the tomb of the giants you should turn away from, as you can't complete it.
    e82
    Casual
    Casual

Post by e82 Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:06 pm

I think that the Catacombs is a great 'mid-game' area, and worth the trip before starting Anor Londo.

On my first play through on the PS3 - ended up doing it before completing Sens, and gotta say having a nicely upgraded fire weapon made the first few Lizards much easier.

- Can upgrade/create fire weapons
    - Can get the rite of kindling

If you are having a hard time progressing due to running out of flasks in Sens or Anor - those few extra bonfire re-enforcements can go a long way to making it more manageable.

That said, if you accidentally kill Vamos I'd say 'no big deal' unless you were planning a build dedicated to Chaos/Fire weapons.
    Mr_Bungle50221
    Mr_Bungle50221
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Mr_Bungle50221 Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:32 pm

Lolwut? The catacombs is totally a beginner area, I always go there after the bell gargoyles, especially if I have a divine weapon like the TC has. Pinwheel is a faceroll and the rite of kindling is very useful in your first run of the game so should be gotten ASAP.
    Walter_White
    Walter_White
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Walter_White Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:34 am

Seignar wrote:You only killed the Gargoyles and are in the catacombs?
    TURN RIGHT NOW THIS INSTANT

The catacombs are an end-game area and not a very loved one at that. Save yourself the misery and head back to Firelink. Trust me, it isn't worth going down there...for ANY reason, unless you are desperate for miracles. The area will be too tough for you.

What you should be doing is heading into the Depths and locate one of Andre's Embers, the most important ember in the game. From there you should be heading into Blighttown to ring the second bell.

If you insist on continuing on this mission into the catacombs. Only beat the boss so you can get a useful item for the game AND if you're out there to save Ms. Astrea #2 then you DO NOT rest at any bonfire following the boss...for absolutely any reason

keep cool - no prob with his Stats and Astoras Straight Sword (he got the Stats to wield it).
    Patches will turn the Bridge if you go there before Anor Londo, but this is also no prob. Drop down to Summon the NPC and drop down to the Direction of Boss Fog, then you only have to kill two Skeletton wheels -> Tada Ride of Kindling, very helpfull in early game progress.
    Kepp some Homeward Bones in your Inventory and rest at Bonfires along the way, from every Bonfire 8one is hidden behind a hidden path) in the Catacombs you will get back to Firelink Shrine.

And ToG isn't accessible before Anor Londo, or have i missed a shortcut to go around the yellow Fog Gate?

I would keep the stat for Faith at this level, 14 would also have been enough for a pyro build, so you can use Miracle Faith in Co-Op or PvP (but its too slow for PvP - don't heal in PvP).

cu walter

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 12:32 am