Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
Saxonberserker
Wintercatalyst
DoughGuy
CaligoIllioneus
Naxek
Mr. Tart
Marino.
Mr_Bungle50221
Rudmed
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
billy_bayonet
15 posters

solaire and chaos

Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

solaire and chaos  - Page 3 Empty Re: solaire and chaos

Post by Shkar Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:18 am

DoughGuy wrote:Thats what I've always assumed happened with NPCs. How it works with players is odd though.

It's probably like that for gameplay issues.
    XuitusTheGreat
    XuitusTheGreat
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XuitusTheGreat Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:59 pm

DoughGuy wrote:
    XuitusTheGreat wrote:im more just amused that Soilare killed O&S and received the lord vessel lol then (if u saved him) preceded to off Seath, the 4 kings, Nito, AND the bed of chaos; since his summon sign is in the kiln lol, yet we know YOU are the one who kills Gwyn so Solaire doesnt.......just always amused me
    Except he links with the fire in his world once Gwyn is killed (confirmed by director)

so solaire linked the fire dough? thats even MORE interesting, meaning he bloody killed Gwyn O.O
    Sir Mandred
    Sir Mandred

Post by Sir Mandred Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:56 pm

Solaire has an outright fixation to finding his "own sun", what this can be interpreted as is completely up to the player, until From decides they want to come up with a better explanation. For the most part, his travels simply bring him across Lordran, much like the player, Siegfried and a handful of other characters. The deeper interpretation is just kind of that he found a creature glowing as bright as a sun and the maggot corrupted him and he went Hollow, simple as that. Its a fate very common among the NPC:s in Dark Souls.

As to other things like linking the fire and fighting Gwyn is just natural. The player and Solaire (if you aided him through the game) are the only people to challenge Gwyn.
    Peeffy
    Peeffy

Post by Peeffy Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:07 pm

Is Solaire the strongest npc in Dark Souls?I mean even Tarkus couldn't go trough Anor Londo,yet Solaire made it trough all the way to Lost Izalith and eventually(if the player helps him) to the Kiln. I personally think he was trying to find his dad (Gwyn) but gone mad in the way( If the player don't rescue him)...
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:27 pm

Peeffy wrote:Is Solaire the strongest npc in Dark Souls?I mean even Tarkus couldn't go trough Anor Londo,yet Solaire made it trough all the way to Lost Izalith and eventually(if the player helps him) to the Kiln. I personally think he was trying to find his dad (Gwyn) but gone mad in the way( If the player don't rescue him)...
    No, he probably isn't the God of War. The only thing that applies to him that doesn't apply to the player is his name, which, if anything, is a minus as it doesn't follow the "family tradition" of names.

As for him being the strongest NPC (I assume you mean friendly ones), then I disagree on that as well. Siegmeyer seems to get around just as well as Solaire does, and he doesn't REALLY need your help, he's just lazy.
    Peeffy
    Peeffy

Post by Peeffy Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:09 pm

Solaire go all the way to kiln and beats Gwyn,also he is available for a **** of bosses and he's useful in almost all of them.Sigmeyer...Humm,I've never followed his entire quest.I don't think he is strong tough.He just hits hard cuz' of that *** giant sword he has.And all the times I've found him he needed some sort of help.I've always helped him so I can't say if his quest progress without you helping him.Like Lautrec escaping prison alone.
    But until From decides to do something about it,I think we will never know whos the firstborn is.Now maybe in the DLC,there are more details?I didnt play it but it is all about Artoria right and he's from Astora,so is Solaire...Maybe we'll get some info on that?
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:20 pm

Peeffy wrote:Solaire go all the way to kiln and beats Gwyn,also he is available for a **** of bosses and he's useful in almost all of them.Sigmeyer...Humm,I've never followed his entire quest.I don't think he is strong tough.He just hits hard cuz' of that *** giant sword he has.And all the times I've found him he needed some sort of help.I've always helped him so I can't say if his quest progress without you helping him.Like Lautrec escaping prison alone.
    But until From decides to do something about it,I think we will never know whos the firstborn is.Now maybe in the DLC,there are more details?I didnt play it but it is all about Artoria right and he's from Astora,so is Solaire...Maybe we'll get some info on that?

Too the best of my knowledge, It never says anything about Artorias being from Astora.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 11:34 am