Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Pesth
GrinTwist
6 posters

Cursed Run and Caestus Run

GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Cursed Run and Caestus Run Empty Cursed Run and Caestus Run

Post by GrinTwist Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:46 pm

Alright so after playing a bit of Demon's souls I honestly have to say that Dark Souls is a bit easier to play through even in NG+. So since I am still playing Demon Souls I decided on paying my respects to the game by creating a build for a Cursed Run. I already understand that I will have to get a bit far into the game and defeat both the Taurus and the Capra demon but after that the plan is to become cursed in the depths and go through the rest of the game (and possibly NG+) cursed.

I don't know if this has already been brought up before but seeing as many people here like to challenge themselves I decided to bring up this idea. I'll be making my character today and get cursed and then start the run tomorrow.

Then there is also the Caestus Run that I had started yesterday in which you go through the whole game with two Caestuses one in each hand. You can have multiple types of Caestuses like +5 lightning, +10 magic, fire, etc. but just make sure that you don't use any other weapons besides those two. Besides using whatever weapon that needs to be used to get to Andre and buy them. I've already started this run last night and I'm only about an hour in so I'm not far.

So is there anyone else on here that might want to try out these two runs? happy
    Pesth
    Pesth
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Cursed Run and Caestus Run Empty Re: Cursed Run and Caestus Run

Post by Pesth Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:49 pm

You can get cursed by starting with the master key and rushing to the Great Hollow, you dont need to kill any boss and is very easy to get cursed there by the frogs :bas:
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:55 pm

Funny that, I'm now finding Demon's Souls to be the easier of the two! big grin
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by GrinTwist Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:34 pm

Pesth wrote:You can get cursed by starting with the master key and rushing to the Great Hollow, you dont need to kill any boss and is very easy to get cursed there by the frogs Cursed Run and Caestus Run 932657698
    Thanks for reminding me I forgot about the Basilisks in the Great Hollow. The only issue I could see with that is that not everyone likes to start out with the master key as a starting gift.
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:42 pm

I'm not sure if you can, because I've never tried to, but if you could drop the master key then surely that would be your answer. Use it to get to the Great Hollow, get cursed, drop it, make your way back to Firelink, and begin your run proper from there, making sure that you do not use the VoD shortcut until after you've made your way through Blighttown from the Depths to get to the Anor Londo key.
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:53 pm

You could also do the same with the Cestus run, whereby using the Master Key you could make your way through the Undead Berg, down Havels Tower, up through the Basin, and a quick skip through the Garden to get to Andrea. Grab two Cestus's, and then make your way back to Firelink the way you came, remembering to close the doors to Havels Tower along the way (risky but worth it), before beginning your game proper from there. If you didn't want to use the Master Key after this drop it (if you can), or simply avoid any doors that you could use it with until you've got the correct key.
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:01 pm

Grin thanks for resparking my interest in DkS, as all this talk about a Cestus only run has really got me buzzing, and so when I get home from work I'll be looking to give it a go, and to make it a tad more interesting I'll be starting with a Sorcerer, but will refrain from using any sorceries outside of the Boss areas. twisted
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by GrinTwist Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:15 am

Gazman0169 wrote:Grin thanks for resparking my interest in DkS, as all this talk about a Cestus only run has really got me buzzing, and so when I get home from work I'll be looking to give it a go, and to make it a tad more interesting I'll be starting with a Sorcerer, but will refrain from using any sorceries outside of the Boss areas. twisted

No problem! I'm enjoying my Caestus run right now and then after I get to O&S I'm gonna start on my cursed run. You know take turns getting each run to the same boss in the game.

I'll definitely be having a fun time when I get to the Four Kings on my Cursed Run though. lol
    Rarayn
    Rarayn
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rarayn Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:39 am

Unarmoured Cursed Caestus Run with Egg Head Infection. You know you want to try it. Cursed Run and Caestus Run 3207319737
    barrywilkins
    barrywilkins
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by barrywilkins Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:41 am

i tried a kind of caestus run, i had pyromancy that was supposed to be used only as a "backup" i quickly found out just how annoying it is to actually use these things. ornstein and smough are pretty much unkillable due to your r1s literally not hitting them. the same happens with the four kings. i'm not trying to discourage you, just warn you that learning to aim for the legs while unlocked is a pretty important thing in this. it was quite a bit of fun, and challenging. so i hope for the best for you happy
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:00 pm

Gazman0169 wrote:Funny that, I'm now finding Demon's Souls to be the easier of the two! big grin

+1

I've gone back to Demon's Souls, and find it a lot easier. High defenses make most common enemies a joke now. Bosses can be a bit trickier in Demon's Souls, but overall, the game feels easier to me.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 10:09 pm