Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
FruitPunchNinja
Noob-of-Artorias
Mr. Tart
Shindori
Mattardo
9 posters

Accidentally killed Dusk after summoning? Will it affect DLC?

Mattardo
    Mattardo

Accidentally killed Dusk after summoning? Will it affect DLC? Empty Accidentally killed Dusk after summoning? Will it affect DLC?

Post by Mattardo Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:12 pm

Hi, I saved the lovely Dusk, and summoned her - only to be tricked (my own fault, I know) into killing her by an Invader hiding behind her. I figured "Hey, I bought all the spells - oh well!" Well, now that the new DLC for PS3 hitting today has "saving Dusk" as one of it's requirements, how will this affect me?

Must I go into New Game and go through it all again, and this time not let an Invader trick me into sending a Crystal Soul Spear through her in order to kill the Invader hiding behind her? Please, please tell me this isn't true....

Sincerely, sad murderer of Dusk of Oolacile. sad
    Shindori
    Shindori
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Accidentally killed Dusk after summoning? Will it affect DLC? Empty Re: Accidentally killed Dusk after summoning? Will it affect DLC?

Post by Shindori Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:20 pm

Idk man ive been wondering the same. I hopwe for your sake you can still go through it. Seeing as it's in the past, I dont think itll affect since you killed her after oolacile fell and in the future, meaning way after her capturing and being freed by you, her murderer, you sick bastard you...
    Mattardo
    Mattardo

Accidentally killed Dusk after summoning? Will it affect DLC? Empty Re: Accidentally killed Dusk after summoning? Will it affect DLC?

Post by Mattardo Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:32 pm

I know, I know - I'm horrible. And we were engaged, too! Her last words were straight from a hostage-situation movie: "Do it... I love you..."

There's a special place in Hell for players who use NPCs as shields (like the many videos I've seen of Invaders hiding behind the Giant Blacksmith, etc..). There should be a stone (like the one used to get revenge for the Firelink Bonfire Keeper) that can be used to invade that person's world with the sole intent of murdering the NPC who they affected in your game. Why wasn't THIS in the patch? >happy
    Shindori
    Shindori
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Shindori Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:34 pm

...Youre a genius sir.
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:37 pm

I don't have the DLC yet, however, keep this in mind:

Spoiler:
    Mattardo
    Mattardo

Post by Mattardo Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:07 pm

Well, I certainly hope you're correct about that! What a strange fate I have woven for poor Dusk. If I meet her, should I tell her about her grisly fate, though noble sacrifice? Perhaps I shall, and that is why she was so willing to utter those heart-breaking words... "Do it..."
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:18 pm

Give her a hug. That should be enough. :|

Most people like hugs.

I like hugs.

You want a hug?

Have a hug. Well What is it
    Mattardo
    Mattardo

Post by Mattardo Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:53 pm

Thanks! I shall try that.

To update the status, however - I was allowed entrance into the strange world of Oolacile, despite having refused to negotiate with terrorists when I shot through her to kill the Invader/Terrorist. All has gone well, though I suppose I won't be able to tell her about my fabulous adventures in the past - unless I tell her in the past, that is. Where is that Doctor from Back to the Future to help figure things out?

Actually, he wouldn't be any help. I hold to the theory that it is theoretically impossible to change the existing timeline, since if one goes into the past to alter an event (the ever-popular "kill Hitler" proposal) then my journey into the Past has already happened. I know what will happen (since Hitler was not killed by me): I will fail in my attempt, and probably be gunned down dead. That's my theory on time-travel. It already happened, so any "changes" the time-traveler makes has already been made and has already had their affect on the present. Get it? Wow - how's that for a non sequitor? happy

Last edited by Mattardo on Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:54 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Misphrased something)
    Noob-of-Artorias
    Noob-of-Artorias
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Noob-of-Artorias Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:44 am

Mr. Tart wrote:Give her a hug. That should be enough. :|

Most people like hugs.

I like hugs.

You want a hug?

Have a hug. Well What is it
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V14OzqOVZuU

Well What is it
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:12 am

From what i understand if you killed dusk you have to wait till your next playthrough
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:08 am

Give her a hug. That should be enough. :|

Most people like hugs.

I like hugs.

You want a hug?

Have a hug. Accidentally killed Dusk after summoning? Will it affect DLC? 3596227959
    That had me rolling around! lol
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:16 am

@Gaz
    Glad that gave someone a smile. big grin

@Noob
    If only you kneww what you just threw yourself into. This shall haunt you forever a while. twisted

Now...

HUG ME, BROTHA! Well What is it
    Mattardo
    Mattardo

Post by Mattardo Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:31 am

Accidentally killed Dusk after summoning? Will it affect DLC? DSCF7453

Ya know - I MAY have caused a problem, actually. I was just watching a video where upon first entering the little Garden Place after the Guardian fight, there is a Mushroom lady talking about "Oh, so you're the one who saved Dusk? Super duper, noble warrior! Care to do it again? Some evil person has snatched her away again (that's her thing). By the way, if you want to grow bigger just take a bite out of me from the one side, and if you want to grow smaller than eat me from the other side". So goes the video.

"Curioser and Curioser!" is what I WOULD have said if the nice Mushroom Lady were there in my game chatting me up and praising me for my gallantry, but all that was there in her spot (I remember from last night) was a glowing orange ball that could be picked up and which was labelled something about Mushroom so and so.... Oh for profanity's sake! The Mushroom Lady (Elizabeth) is gone!

Now I'm REALLY worried about my actions in the We-Don't-Negotiate-With-Terrorists section! I'm on a quest....to save someone...who I killed. If anyone is interested in the cluster-hug (inspired by Mr. Tart, and his conections to my Alice jokes above) that I have created in the Time-Space Continuum (and if I've even spelled that last word correctly) I shall update my doomed path to the shame that will inevitably await me when the entire land of Oolacile learns the truth of exactly how long Dusk lived after being freed from her Crystal Golem prison.

And to think...I spent a heck of a time defending the newly-freed Sieglinde from marauding Golems when my summons inadvertantly led 4 of them over to her after I freed her. "Dude, he's just standing there talking to nobody! Let's bring the party to him!" Never have Tony Stark as a phantom.
    lonewolf
    lonewolf
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lonewolf Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:36 am

it might afect the dialoge if it does report to us we krave knowledge
    Ellswearth

Post by Ellswearth Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:21 am

I killed dusk before the DLC and I had no problem getting in. I hasn't effected any dialog in the DLC.
    Purity
    Purity
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Purity Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:08 am

If you kill dusk before getting the pendant, she still says

Spoiler:

I did it on purpose some days ago on a build I had messed up, to see if I could still go to oolacile or if it'd be locked for me. Thought it was a good touch.

I wonder if
    Spoiler:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 5:47 pm