Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
goober0331
Emergence
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
befowler
Tolvo
kiwi_commander
OrnsteinFanBoy
Shindori
TheBigLebowski
leebabins
14 posters

No new Trophies!?

leebabins

No new Trophies!? Empty No new Trophies!?

Post by leebabins Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:38 am

So from what I hear the new DLC is only about 3 hours and it has no new Trophies!? Are you kidding me, I didn't even think companies were allowed to release anything without Trophies anymore, I'm kind of pissed that I just spend $15 for this..
    TheBigLebowski
    TheBigLebowski
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

No new Trophies!? Empty Re: No new Trophies!?

Post by TheBigLebowski Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:45 am

You know, I don't care about trophies. Especially not with games like dark and demon souls, although I platinumed them all (demon souls even 3 times, but it doesnt matter, because they are fun even if they were without trophies.
    leebabins

Post by leebabins Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:48 am

It's an added incentive to accomplish certain tasks and I certainly expected this to have them, what the hell is wrong with FROMSOFTWARE?

We wait a year for DLC and then it's a couple hours long without the mandated trophies that all games/dlc are supposed to have.. very disappointed.
    Shindori
    Shindori
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Shindori Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:50 am

Youre a big baby who doesnt deserve to play this. Its obvious you play it for bragging rights, not to enjoy it. Thats whats wrong with games. They dont care about games anymore, they just want a high trophy count.
    TheBigLebowski
    TheBigLebowski
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by TheBigLebowski Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:50 am

There is nothing wrong with them. There is something with you if you can only play games with trophies. If you can't find the incentive to play a game like Dark Souls without trophies, I feel for you dude.
    leebabins

Post by leebabins Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:53 am

I don't deserve to play and enjoy it because I expect the DLC to come with trophies and a longer playing time than it takes me to get groceries?

This isn't a sense of entitlement on my behalf, it's laziness on the part of FromSoftware and a slap in the face to it's fans in my opinion. I expected more and I'm sorry if my disappointed offends you.

It's pretty ballsy on their part to ask $15 for this, $9.99 is what it should have been at the very most.
    OrnsteinFanBoy
    OrnsteinFanBoy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by OrnsteinFanBoy Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:57 am

Dude you signed up to just to flame a masterpiece us console players have been waiting on for months? and bad mouth one of the best developers going?

I think most people that care about the game were looking forward to the new content and the patch rather than a new "to do list".

Go home kid

Last edited by OrnsteinFanBoy on Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
    kiwi_commander
    kiwi_commander
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by kiwi_commander Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:58 am

leebabins wrote:So from what I hear the new DLC is only about 3 hours and it has no new Trophies!? Are you kidding me, I didn't even think companies were allowed to release anything without Trophies anymore, I'm kind of pissed that I just spend $15 for this..

I think you are taking this the wrong way. Sure the DLC may be short but it really depends on your level and how fast you really want to clear it. I am going through it with my level 58 character and i have to say it's extremely challenging.

You are also forgetting there are different things in the DLC like being summoned, invading, PVP arena, lore, etc.

Also, I don't really care about trophies.
    Shindori
    Shindori
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Shindori Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:02 pm

Dude no one in this forum, or at least most, give a damn about the trophy. Buy it. Explore it. enjoy the bosses. do some co-op. Oh and.. did you hear about the ***' arena?! No more gankers unless yyou really want them. 1v1, 2v2, free for all, 2 different stages. Oodles of weapons, new spells, new armors, lore up the wazoo. Exciting new bosses. Do you even play this game for real or just storm through it like unworthy peasants do?
    OrnsteinFanBoy
    OrnsteinFanBoy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by OrnsteinFanBoy Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:04 pm

Shindori wrote:Dude no one in this forum, or at least most, give a damn about the trophy. Buy it. Explore it. enjoy the bosses. do some co-op. Oh and.. did you hear about the ***' arena?! No more gankers unless yyou really want them. 1v1, 2v2, free for all, 2 different stages. Oodles of weapons, new spells, new armors, lore up the wazoo. Exciting new bosses. Do you even play this game for real or just storm through it like unworthy peasants do?

This^

Repped king
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:07 pm

Guys remember, while you may disagree with the stance of someone don't just say "Get out." State your reasons for your views and discuss but don't try to create a hostile environment.
    leebabins

Post by leebabins Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:07 pm

I've played the game twice, I'm at SL 153. I just expected more, and that expectation is somewhat based on the fact that this DLC is $15.00. That implies a lot of content, when games like the Unfinished Swan are $15.00. You can buy Dark Souls itself for like $25 now so you think they would price the DLC accordingly.
    TheBigLebowski
    TheBigLebowski
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by TheBigLebowski Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:13 pm

Shindori wrote:Dude no one in this forum, or at least most, give a damn about the trophy. Buy it. Explore it. enjoy the bosses. do some co-op. Oh and.. did you hear about the ***' arena?! No more gankers unless yyou really want them. 1v1, 2v2, free for all, 2 different stages. Oodles of weapons, new spells, new armors, lore up the wazoo. Exciting new bosses. Do you even play this game for real or just storm through it like unworthy peasants do?

+1
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:16 pm

Let's keep this civil. After beating it myself in a few hours I think there is a valid argument that $14.99 is too much, particularly if the arena doesn't interest you (and the lore basis for the arena also escapes me). If the patch changes were also part of the paid DLC it might make more sense, but I had the patch a few days before the DLC pay file was released.
    TheBigLebowski
    TheBigLebowski
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by TheBigLebowski Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:19 pm

That argument was only later added. He was talking about trophies. I feel sorry if you can't play games without the need for trophies.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:22 pm

I do agree with that Befowler, and I have interest in the Lore at large, and Arena, as well as Co-Op.

So far my view of it is that taking just the DLC itself into consideration it isn't worth it.

Now I have two counters to my own view that cause me to be really torn.

I think compared to most DLC for games this is fine content.

I think that while perhaps this DLC isn't worth it itself, supporting From could bring better products in the future.

I'm more than likely getting the DLC due to the third reason.
    Shindori
    Shindori
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Shindori Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:26 pm

Well.. He wants load of content. There is quite a lot of it in here. Especially seeing as how amazingly big the areas to explore are, not to mention the hard drops, and all the goodies mentioned before
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:33 pm

The OP questions both the length of the content and the lack of trophies, and the point about the cost is relevant for both. I personally don't regret buying it because I love the game and want more of it as well as wish to encourage From to keep at it, but I can see the counter arguments and there is no excuse for rudeness in any event.

Also, one weird thing to me on the content front was how few intermediary fog gates I ran into. This gave the impression of areas being smaller than they really are, because I kept expecting to transition into different zones throughout and instead felt like I had just entered a new place when I was already in a boss fight for the next one.
    TheBigLebowski
    TheBigLebowski
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by TheBigLebowski Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:36 pm

Sorry dude;

"So from what I hear the new DLC is only about 3 hours and it has no new
    Trophies!?
    Are you kidding me, I didn't even think companies were
    allowed to release anything without Trophies anymore, I'm kind of pissed
    that I just spend $15 for this.."

Primarily a pathetic scream about trophies. Even the topic title yells it. I feel sorry for those "gamers" But that's my opinion.

Last edited by TheBigLebowski on Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:38 pm

lee... are you a pve or pvp person? cause pve wise the dlc is short but in regards to player versus player its a god send due to all the new equipment and techniques added, for the pvp nuts (most of this forum) the dlc is awesome despite being short. also i doubt fromsoftware determined the price of the dlc, that was most likely namcobandai who has repetedly shafted this series in order to make more money.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:39 pm

The Dude, there is no need to be so hostile. We can talk about the topic in a pleasant manner.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:42 pm

The OP has presented a valid opinion. While it may run contrary to others' opinions, the OP has in no way demonstrated hostility in contrast with some of his responders. No need for name calling or lambasting, and if you cannot muster a peaceful, logical counter argument, then please see your way out of this thread.
    goober0331
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by goober0331 Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:43 pm

I try to collect as many achievements (360) as possible because to me it symbolizes completing the game, or exploring as much as you can in that game, and experiencing as much.

It is just a little extra incentive for me to play the game to its max.
    leebabins

Post by leebabins Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:47 pm

I mainly play on my own, PVP is too buggy with all the lag backstabbing. Backstabbing should have been removed from PVP.

Yes my initial anger was at there being no trophies, that makes no sense to me and also the length of the entire package. I don't see how this warrants a $15 price tag. Maybe I'll try PVP'ing again.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:52 pm

I'm with the OP and goober in that there is inherent value in trophies for many of us. The game is primary obviously but there's only three things on PS3 I've gotten 100% completion on. The two Souls games and Linger in Shadows. I use this as a reflection on which creations captivated me enough to "do it all." While doing everything in a game is in no way tied to trophies (for instance, no PvP trophies, no trophy for seeing if I can safely land on that ledge that I couldn't), if you've done it all, you should have that 100%. Now that's my take. The OP was accused of seeing only the value in the trophy to "show off." So what if that's true even? Value is determined by the user. If you assess it differently there's no reason to feel sorry for the person or call them out on it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 12:54 am