Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
neon__noodle
Back Lot Basher
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Jester's Tears
THEOGLUIGI
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
kiwi_commander
ChaosMoogle
12 posters

CONFIRMED: You CAN use new content without buying the DLC :)

ChaosMoogle
    ChaosMoogle
    Addicted
    Addicted

CONFIRMED: You CAN use new content without buying the DLC :) Empty CONFIRMED: You CAN use new content without buying the DLC :)

Post by ChaosMoogle Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:46 pm

Been giving people bloated heads silly

Tested on Xbox, but I guess PS3 is the same.

Note: You can't even drop Wood Carvings, period. So this doesn't apply to them, and obviously spells which also can't be dropped.

Last edited by ChaosMoogle on Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:10 pm; edited 3 times in total
    ChaosMoogle
    ChaosMoogle
    Addicted
    Addicted

CONFIRMED: You CAN use new content without buying the DLC :) Empty Re: CONFIRMED: You CAN use new content without buying the DLC :)

Post by ChaosMoogle Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:53 pm

Disclaimer: But you should all still buy it, because it's awesome and supports FROM silly
    kiwi_commander
    kiwi_commander
    Addicted
    Addicted

CONFIRMED: You CAN use new content without buying the DLC :) Empty Re: CONFIRMED: You CAN use new content without buying the DLC :)

Post by kiwi_commander Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:55 pm

ChaosMoogle wrote:Disclaimer: But you should all still buy it, because it's awesome and supports FROM silly

There we go, this is what I was hoping to hear. However, even if you give other players items from the DLC they are missing out on the whole DLC experience. bounce
    ChaosMoogle
    ChaosMoogle
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ChaosMoogle Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:57 pm

Exactly! I think it's good for those who have to wait until they get paid etc though, if they want to get their hands on some new armour or something before then happy Should reinvigorate the trading section as well (maybe) happy
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:00 pm

That's good news. Real good news.

I mean, I'm still getting it (downloading it now as I write) but this is a nice way to maintain some balance in PvP.
    THEOGLUIGI
    THEOGLUIGI
    Regular
    Regular

Post by THEOGLUIGI Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:02 pm

You can't give them the wood carvings, right?
    ChaosMoogle
    ChaosMoogle
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ChaosMoogle Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:04 pm

THEOGLUIGI wrote:You can't give them the wood carvings, right?

Nope, you can't even drop them. I'll update the OP.
    THEOGLUIGI
    THEOGLUIGI
    Regular
    Regular

Post by THEOGLUIGI Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:07 pm

Good I love using the "Very Good" carving every time I get indicted. I hope it makes them mad. But, that's cool. I mean, the armor and weapons aren't THAT over powered but they are pretty good. I want to start seeing more vagrant items appear, those are always interesting.

I have yet to get that damn Plow/Pitch Fork. >happy
    Jester's Tears
    Jester's Tears
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Jester's Tears Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:14 pm

THEOGLUIGI wrote:Good I love using the "Very Good" carving every time I get indicted. I hope it makes them mad. But, that's cool. I mean, the armor and weapons aren't THAT over powered but they are pretty good. I want to start seeing more vagrant items appear, those are always interesting.

I have yet to get that damn Plow/Pitch Fork. >happy

Some people got Balls. I was with my friend (Visit).
    He got Ganked and the Giants user Used ''I'm Sorry'' carving then Taunted. WHO'S UP FOR SOME GIANT HUNTING?
    ChaosMoogle
    ChaosMoogle
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ChaosMoogle Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:18 pm

Hehe, The Plow isn't even a rare drop. I don't have it either yet though sad Not looking forward to farming for the Stone GA lol (well that's a lie, I don't mind farming in awesome new areas silly )
    THEOGLUIGI
    THEOGLUIGI
    Regular
    Regular

Post by THEOGLUIGI Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:25 pm

Yeah I've been farming and invading in Royal Woods, which is great because every time you invade and win you come back with full everything, Estus, miracles, etc.

Not so awesome when you die and have to run back and kill everything again. But then again, isn't that what farming is? Haha.

But I've been trying to be more "ballsy" with the wood carvings. I wonder what their distance of being heard is? I've been sneaking up on people and using the "Hello" and they turn around real quick. Haha.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:57 pm

got a plow after 15 minutes during my first jaunt through the woods... but its a str build so im not using it...found the full guardian set, the helm is better than havels defense wise and only 3 poise (i think) less! gonna take a dex build in there next to use the majority of the new stuff, and maybe get the tail whip this time... no carvings found yet but oh well... note im actually not far into the dlc, just got to artorias' fog door and thats it...
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:03 pm

Come on...pony up a few bucks and support this fantastic developer. I want them to keep cranking out games in the future.
    neon__noodle
    neon__noodle
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by neon__noodle Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:24 pm

Furthermore, the game itself is only twenty . So if you know any non-believers tell them to get the game and the dlc andthey will get all of it for just over half the original price.
    >Brave<
    >Brave<
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by >Brave< Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:56 pm

Free is expensive; buy the DLC.
    ThatPerson
    ThatPerson
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ThatPerson Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:57 pm

Kay, someone get my Ciaran stuff because Sony is too much a of a jerk to update HK PSN. ;-;
    Kerberos-013
    Kerberos-013
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Kerberos-013 Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:21 pm

Question:

Can you drop the Broken Pendant?

So my friend with only 1 playthrough doesn't have to play through the game again to play the DLC. He beat the game once and is at NG+ start.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:25 pm

It's a key, so I would guess no.
    Pratix
    Pratix
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Pratix Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:00 pm

Sighhhh, Can I get the Lord Blade's armor and weapons? I won't have DLC til' November 6th when I go and get Halo 4. I am level 124, ps3. But anyway you guys physicked to play Halo 4?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 9:19 pm