Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+23
johnnyjwa
befowler
new deal
RANT
argotthar
TheBigLebowski
mankind
FungalPsychosis
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Back Lot Basher
FruitPunchNinja
CaligoIllioneus
Gazman0169
Dark Spirit EliteBiker20
CaptanSpudsy
Seignar
Hatsune Miku
Ser Isaac
skarekrow13
BoilerFan8472
Isirith
Noob-of-Artorias
iGBx
27 posters

How To Kill Manus Outside The Fog Tutorial

RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

How To Kill Manus Outside The Fog Tutorial - Page 2 Empty Re: How To Kill Manus Outside The Fog Tutorial

Post by RANT Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:39 am

shouldnt this be getting locked since its promoting a glitch?How To Kill Manus Outside The Fog Tutorial - Page 2 3358384175
    CaligoIllioneus
    CaligoIllioneus
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

How To Kill Manus Outside The Fog Tutorial - Page 2 Empty Re: How To Kill Manus Outside The Fog Tutorial

Post by CaligoIllioneus Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:55 am

Deleted, not locked. These glitches must dissapear. I doubt it was intentional, by the way. They probably didn't think about it much....for example Manus doesn't even have a plunging animation, while other bosses that can be plunged do have them.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:12 pm

eh, they've done this before, with the maneaters in demons souls. besides, its actually not much harder to bow cheese him INSIDE the fog door, strip naked (or at least light enough to flip) and slap on the flip ring and favor ring (for hp, MoM too i guess) then flip around and loose shots occasionally, and if you can't use a bow a crossbow works just as well.... summon sif to pull aggro or equip a great shield/ silver knight shield to tank when he gets close, as for his magic... silver pendant or flip.... you don't need poise for this fight....
    iGBx
    iGBx
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by iGBx Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:34 pm

This ain't a glitch... Look Skyward

It's a legit ranged strategy for people that WANT to do it. If you don't like it you don't have to do it. If people want to do it then it's their choice, not yours. So much negativity in this thread. You'd swear this is some game breaking disease.
    Beckon
    new deal
    new deal
    Casual
    Casual

Post by new deal Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:47 pm

iGBx wrote:This ain't a glitch... Look Skyward

It's a legit ranged strategy.
    Beckon

how is this a LEGIT ranged strategy?
    CaligoIllioneus
    CaligoIllioneus
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by CaligoIllioneus Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:52 pm

This legit ranged strategy should be kept in the game, not patched out...

but then when Manus is one arrow away from dying, he should move further into his arena so you can't hit him at all. When you go through the fog gate to finish the deed, you should get a cutscene, but instead of being dragged into his arena by the giant hand, the hand should just give you the middle finger, leaving you there, with the boss dissapearing for the entirety of that playthrough.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:15 pm

FruitPunchNinja wrote:My major issue with Souls games is this. I find it EXTREMELY hard to believe they did not know this was possible. They always have these glitches in their games that seem completely intentional. It really sucks, now people can easily get their 3stacks of pursuers without any challenge what so ever. They just have to have enough spare time to sit and shoot arrows, so lame.

iGBx always there to spread the word about the exploits....

I feel the same way. I haven't watched the video, but assume it was what I discovered all by myself on literally my third attempt against the boss. Basically I was headed back down to face Manus again, and noticed I could actually see my blood stain down to one side before I even went through the fog. And then I noticed these two glowing eyes down there, and was like -- you don't suppose? I find it hard to believe this wasn't spotted during testing, it is so obvious.
    johnnyjwa
    johnnyjwa
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by johnnyjwa Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:26 pm

Sure the glitch is cheap but it's in the single player part of the game. If your co-oping and someone starts doing it just bc out. I don't care what people do in their single player game, if they cheat their only ruining the game for themselves. The simple solution to this glitch is to simply not use it. It's not like your being forced to sit there and shoot the boss. The only time I have an issue with glitches and cheats when when it's brought into pvp. Even then I don't fight enough cheaters/glitchers to really care too much, just brush yourself off and move on.
    Shindori
    Shindori
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Shindori Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:27 pm

But.. HES SO EASY.
    ChaosMoogle
    ChaosMoogle
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ChaosMoogle Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:33 pm

I'm adding my disapproval as well sad We've all seen this on YT already, and I don't think it should be posted here. People come the General Discussion section for legit advice, tips etc, not how to abuse what is obviously a glitch. This isn't even useful for challenge runs, as surely the point of a challenge run is to challenge yourself and not cheese your way through the game.

Mods, doesn't this fall under the category of discussing glitches? silly
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:44 pm

Manus actually does become very difficult in NG+, especially if you're a SL100 mage. So this will make it incredibly easy for those players to get their extra stacks of pursuers, although you could just trade for the soul i guess.

I don't really care if people do it, my issue is with Fromsoft for consistently letting obvious exploits like this get by testing. It is hard for me to believe it is not intentional. Think about it, you can't do this with the sens fortress boss. Why would they not realize the possibility here. They designed the game, they would know that there is no barrier protecting the boss from outside the fog.
    Phoenix Rising
    Phoenix Rising
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Phoenix Rising Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:54 pm

I think if you cheese a boss like this, you shouldn't get their soul.
    Cris the lighthearted
    Cris the lighthearted
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Cris the lighthearted Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:12 pm

Well , i paid for my DLC. I'm getting my moneys worth. I'm fighting Manus straight up. I'm not going to make gaining the silver pendant a waste of time.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 5:12 am