Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+42
Everynevers
JohnnyHarpoon
Tds
Hatsune Miku
Odinbear
PaladinManFace
passivefamiliar
GrinTwist
VinheimProfessor
The Wandering Knight
aceluby
Dante_000
WandererReece
Infighter
oisean11
Somethodox
GTP_Zodicus
lonewolf
Seignar
BrotherBob
Wilkinson3424
kramage
3DHero
Nybbles
ViralEnsign_
Kirk-Barb
steveswede
Gazman0169
THEOGLUIGI
FruitPunchNinja
e82
domesplitter13
Marino.
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
BIG TIME MASTER
Glutebrah
Hylian
fujiphoenix
Spurgun
Mr. Tart
Rudmed
kiwi_commander
46 posters

If Patch 1.07 Shows up, what would you like to see?

kiwi_commander
    kiwi_commander
    Addicted
    Addicted

If Patch 1.07 Shows up, what would you like to see? Empty If Patch 1.07 Shows up, what would you like to see?

Post by kiwi_commander Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:59 am

Just a generalized question, if there ever is a 1.07 patch, what would you like to be there?

Here is my small list.

1. Darkmoons can invade the guilty even when the boss in the guilty's world has been slayed. I think this would help darkmoons hunt darkwraiths more often because I realized that darkwraiths can simply kill a boss and then invade from that area without worries.
    2. More accessibility to crossbows, not many people use crossbows because IMO they are vastly inferior to bows.
    3. Carving quick select list, similar to gesture list such that you do not have to search for the carving to use it.
    4. Additional carvings such as a laugh carving.

Non patch, would like to see:

1. Some type of event. Maybe a one day even where Slabs or other items have a higher chance to drop, Christmas event? Not sure how this would be implemented though because of the games structure (server vs p2p)

Any other thoughts?
    Rudmed
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

If Patch 1.07 Shows up, what would you like to see? Empty Re: If Patch 1.07 Shows up, what would you like to see?

Post by Rudmed Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:08 am

Darkmoons can invade the guilty even when the boss in the guilty's world has been slayed. I think this would help darkmoons hunt darkwraiths more often because I realized that darkwraiths can simply kill a boss and then invade from that area without worries

Would be nice and help our pvp out alot. It is just naturally slow due to all the parameters we go through.
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

If Patch 1.07 Shows up, what would you like to see? Empty Re: If Patch 1.07 Shows up, what would you like to see?

Post by Mr. Tart Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:17 am

Well, i would like to see everything fully balanced out. 100% balance. :|
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:20 am

Events aren't possible. Because DkS has no servers.
    They would have to make the event like a patch, you download it and it changes some things. Then you either download another one to reset/change something else or you delete the "patch".
    fujiphoenix
    fujiphoenix
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by fujiphoenix Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:35 am

Better scaling with the gravelord sword, and I want them to make it so that gravelords get some souls if people die while infected with BPs, not just humanity.
    Hylian
    Hylian
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Hylian Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:07 pm

A covenant for INT builds
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:17 pm

covenants actually matter.

Dragon Covenant gives Damages bonuses to all Dragon weapons based on rank (nerf the dragon weapons a bit first they are weaker for people out side the covenant but still stronger for those in the covenant then they are now)

Chaos Covenant +1 chaos weapons/spells (all elemental chaos, chaos blade, and fury sword, pyro) scale to 5 humanity, +2 scale to 10 humanity, +3 scale to 15 humanity.

BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:31 pm

Adding to the "covenants actually matter" comment:

If two Sunbros are cooping they buff eachother slightly, in someway.

Sunbros can do a tandem gesture. A high five.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:09 pm

reduce dark beads damage (not by much but some)

way of white gives humanity when ever you light a bonfire and more when you kindle it to max, (talk to rhea or petrus to get your goods) this would give WoW more relevance, also, the princess guard covanent should be able to be summoned to anorlondo (light) if there is a sinner there.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:47 pm

Being able to offer more than 1 Item to rank up in Covenants !
    domesplitter13
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by domesplitter13 Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:14 pm

Marino. wrote:Being able to offer more than 1 Item to rank up in Covenants !

Yes, this. Why is there no quantity select. It would be nice to use a humanity out of the menu(not hotkey of course), and have it ask me "how many Humanities would you like to use?" Especially for covenant offerings.

Oh and I'd like to be able to sort inventory between armor types and weapon types.
    e82
    Casual
    Casual

Post by e82 Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:35 pm

The introduction of dedicated servers. We can dream, cant we?
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:45 pm

I think they got it as good as it is going to get(pretty darn good) with patch 1.06. I would just start getting hyped for the next game, i seriously can't even contemplate how amazing the next game most likely will be. Demon's Souls did "good", so they went multi platform with a bigger budget. Dark Souls did "great", so i can only imagine the work they will put into the next title.

In and interview the creator said he wanted to get some "new blood" working on the next game, i hope he is still heavily involved. I also really hope the next game comes out on current gen, cause i wont be able to afford a next gen console right when they come out. One last souls game to end this consoles life cycle would be perfect.
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:47 pm

So a new game has actually been confirmed?
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:53 pm

Well, i guess not technically. C'mon though, do you really expect them not to make another game after how many new fans Dark Souls brought to the franchise? Namco Bandai will probably force them to make a game, even if they don't want to. Lets hope they want to happy
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:58 pm

Ah. Indeed, it would be awesome. Just hope that if they do make one, they make each boss unique, with different ways of fighting, as well as puzzles. I love puzzles. Either way it would be good either way the game would turn out, unless they take a totally different approach of course. Then who knows what might happen. :suspect:

Hope that if they do make yet another one, they have enough time to finish the whole game, unlike with Dks.
    THEOGLUIGI
    THEOGLUIGI
    Regular
    Regular

Post by THEOGLUIGI Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:10 pm

First off I'm not completely comfortable or rather, completely understand everything about the latest patch yet. So it's funny that this topic has already arisen.

But one of the suggestions I saw was allow Darkmoon to invade in defeated boss areas. Every covenant has their positive and negatives. Darkwraiths die and have to go back to a blood spot but can invade almost anywhere. Darkmoon can invade, die and keep everything, they can also invade while hollow. So there is nothing that needs to be done with that.

Anyways, what I would like to see. Is a wider range for invasions/summons to occur. Make it +/- 20 sl instead of 10, that would even help make it much more active.
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:32 pm

That's easy, Patch the Manus Boss Fog Glitch, and whilst they're at it make it nigh on impossible to P&R Gwyn. cheers

It's an absolute crime that both Bosses can die so damn easily! :evil:
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:39 pm

Gazman0169 wrote:That's easy, Patch the Manus Boss Fog Glitch

Thats a new one to me . Do tell happy
    steveswede
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by steveswede Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:43 pm

Hi there. I'm new to these forums so I just want to give a quick hello before getting the the nitty gritty.

I like the idea Darkmoons getting better invasions but I think it would be better if invading wasn't restricted to the area you're in rather than just being able to invade and area that has a boss cleared. If you were using the blue eye orb in the parish, you should be able to be sent to say Sen's fortress or even Kiln. This would make hunting the guilty far more frequent and more match ups to other people being in the same soul level range. Some would argue or make a case that you shouldn't be able to do that just in case it spoils the content for new players but a counter system could be put in recording where you have or haven't been that can also be cross character compatible so you don't have to run through all stages every time.

Glutebrah wrote:covenants actually matter.

Dragon Covenant gives Damages bonuses to all Dragon weapons based on rank (nerf the dragon weapons a bit first they are weaker for people out side the covenant but still stronger for those in the covenant then they are now)

Chaos Covenant +1 chaos weapons/spells (all elemental chaos, chaos blade, and fury sword, pyro) scale to 5 humanity, +2 scale to 10 humanity, +3 scale to 15 humanity.

I don't agree with the idea of weapons scaling with covenants but all spells (and of course items like the dragon torso) relating to specific covenants should scale and Fromsoftware should get rid of spells locking when you break covenant. I would also like to see the removal of the two slot spells and being able to get multiple covenant spells through each new game. Partly my reason for this is that you can only get one set of lighting spells compared to 8 soul spears and 4 crystal soul spears in every playthrough that are not only faster but do far more damage. This would bring more balance to the offensive faith spells in my mind.

I would also like to see more balance regarding heavy but underwhelming armour and certain shields having better weight equals more stability, or remove that damn faith requirement on the effigy shield, or give it 100% physical damage reduction so we have at least a shield that is beneficial against lighting weapons.

Now for my favourite idea that I would really like to see put in the game.

Make the dragon summon sign workable in any area regardless of the boss being done or the host being hollow. There should also be no limit to what soul level you can summon, all that would be needed is for the soul level info to be displayed in with the users name. Obviously fog doors would need to still apply but you could then have boss room battles, battles in ash lake and have proper match battles with random people at your desired soul level. When being summoned you are also given the option to accept or refuse just to stop high level players from trolling lower level players. This I feel is what PvP needs rather than having that PvP arena, which is decent enough but not an improvement over the traditional system.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:44 pm

You can cheese manus by shooting arrows from outside the fog gate. I honestly have a very hard time believing that Fromsoft let that one slip. I also am very surprised that someone found it out so quickly.
    BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:19 pm

I'd like to have an option to make the HUD fade, so that it only appears while in use, and then fades away after a few seconds.

I'd also like to be able to turn off orange sign messages visibility while still playing online.
    Kirk-Barb
    Kirk-Barb
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Kirk-Barb Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:48 pm

I would like to be able to use the Enchanter's Trident as a spell catalyst.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:53 pm

pyromancy to scale with resistance, two birds with one stone, the stat would have a use and pyro would'nt be nearly as op since it would require more investment than 6 points into attunement.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:18 pm

I would have liked to see and aesthetic change to Gravelords. Something that actually shows you are one. Perhaps at laters levels, within the cov, a sketetal appearance vs hollow.... I could see people becoming Gravelords Simply for that.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 12:38 am