Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+42
Everynevers
JohnnyHarpoon
Tds
Hatsune Miku
Odinbear
PaladinManFace
passivefamiliar
GrinTwist
VinheimProfessor
The Wandering Knight
aceluby
Dante_000
WandererReece
Infighter
oisean11
Somethodox
GTP_Zodicus
lonewolf
Seignar
BrotherBob
Wilkinson3424
kramage
3DHero
Nybbles
ViralEnsign_
Kirk-Barb
steveswede
Gazman0169
THEOGLUIGI
FruitPunchNinja
e82
domesplitter13
Marino.
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
BIG TIME MASTER
Glutebrah
Hylian
fujiphoenix
Spurgun
Mr. Tart
Rudmed
kiwi_commander
46 posters

If Patch 1.07 Shows up, what would you like to see?

JohnnyHarpoon
    JohnnyHarpoon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

If Patch 1.07 Shows up, what would you like to see? - Page 4 Empty Re: If Patch 1.07 Shows up, what would you like to see?

Post by JohnnyHarpoon Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:03 pm

I'd like to see them fix the bonfires, summon signs, and spells glitching in and out of existence!
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

If Patch 1.07 Shows up, what would you like to see? - Page 4 Empty Re: If Patch 1.07 Shows up, what would you like to see?

Post by aceluby Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:39 am

Tds wrote:I think that co-op ring would make the game to easy. Instead, I think the fix should be a placed white summon sign NEVER disappears just b/c you traveled out of a zone. It will allow us to place a white sign and carry on with our playthrough instead of just waiting around to be summoned.

A big one for me would be to have the ring of fog have it's original property of not being able to be targeted. Only if you are a blue phantom summoned to protect the forest via the cat ring. this gives a flavorful edge to the forest protecter seeing as it's their home turf and is a gift from alvina. I think this was the original intention of From.

This makes it very difficult for matchmaking. As you go from one area to another and you are online it changes the cluster of people you are playing with. If you can simply leave your summon sign anywhere you'd eventually get to a point that clusters would be filled w/ people waiting to be summoned and nobody to do the actual summoning.
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:44 am

Odinbear wrote:More character options, skin colors, facial hairs, tattoos, pointed ears, weird body types, etc.

because we know we would look awesome beneath those cool hoods and helmets.
    Tds

Post by Tds Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:20 pm

IRT aceluby:

I guess I wasn't entirely sure how online worked. Any fix that solved hanging around your sign waiting to be summoned would work for me
    VinheimProfessor
    VinheimProfessor
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by VinheimProfessor Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:02 am

Nybbles wrote:
    VinheimProfessor wrote:
    Nybbles wrote:
    VinheimProfessor wrote:Fix the issues with scaling and diminishing returns. They should give players a reason to favor either a few stats to maximize or show clear advantages in maxing out as many as possible. If Patch 1.07 Shows up, what would you like to see? - Page 4 867261544

i agree with this, but i think diminishing returns should still exist but less pronounced than they currently are, rather than having the numbers fall off a cliff.

I think that they should be greatest in the average range and then become worthwhile once you cross the 75-80 barrier. The idea would be that it is more profitable for jacks-of-all-trades to stop investing in stats past 40-50, while those who are committed would be rewarded for investing levels into reinforcement past the slump.

like a bell curve?

Yes, somewhat, except with higher gains at the end. It would reflect the idea that the best gains often come in the beginning where you start from nothing and expertise/mastery comes after 10k hours (roughly) of practice, making the average range neutral.
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:10 pm

Tds wrote:IRT aceluby:

I guess I wasn't entirely sure how online worked. Any fix that solved hanging around your sign waiting to be summoned would work for me

You don't have to hang around your sign, you can farm, etc. just when your done, your respawned point could vary depending on where you were and whether you died as a phantom. I find I don't have a lotta time to move about b4 being summoned but when in AL I go out and practice parrying the Silver Knights , in Oocalile Township you can practice parrying those babbling pussheads.
    Everynevers
    Everynevers
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Everynevers Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:38 pm

I would like to see that I can summon people with my 500+ SL character. Except for the constant barrage of invaders, it's rather lonely in NG+++. If I can be invaded by someone that is hundreds of levels below me, I should be able to summon aid from players hundreds of levels below me as well, imo.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:29 pm

WandererReece wrote:I don't know much about the DLC sorceries, but I know the pursuers could be nerfed. When they hit me I only have a hair of health left, and I have 45 vit.

I just relized that I'm wrong. The pursuers are very easy to dodge, and Crystal Soul Spear does about the same amount of damage. If Patch 1.07 Shows up, what would you like to see? - Page 4 2707236321
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:36 pm

Everynevers wrote:I should be able to summon aid from players hundreds of levels below me as well, imo.
    Never thought of that, but I totally agree. There shouldn't be any downward limit to summoning. I get why they did it the way they did, if you're sl 220 and you summon an sl 50 for NG++++++ 4 Kings they're gonna get 1-shot, but considering how cruel Fromsoft is in other ways it seems like something they might do.
    aprilmanha
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by aprilmanha Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:18 pm

I would like to see the dodge lag removed if possible, its frustrating to be one-shot while in a roll as the game has to reset your animation to account for the fact that even while you were obviously in mid roll it has to put you back to standing still so it can apply the damage and kill you. Its just cheap deaths that still blight the game now and then.

callipygias wrote:
    Everynevers wrote:I should be able to summon aid
    from players hundreds of levels below me as well, imo.
    Never
    thought of that, but I totally agree. There shouldn't be any downward
    limit to summoning. I get why they did it the way they did, if you're
    sl 220 and you summon an sl 50 for NG++++++ 4 Kings they're gonna get
    1-shot, but considering how cruel Fromsoft is in other ways it seems
    like something they might do.

But that would just result in summon griefing. If Fromsoft were determined to be cruel they could be a bit less mean about it and give every boss spammable WOTG
    aprilmanha
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by aprilmanha Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:09 am

Move the jump button away from B! Always painful trying to dodge while running only to jump instead and land in the baddies mouth!
    Everynevers
    Everynevers
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Everynevers Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:58 pm

aprilmanha wrote:But that would just result in summon griefing. If Fromsoft were determined to be cruel they could be a bit less mean about it and give every boss spammable WOTG

Summon griefing? I'm not following you, sorry.
    aprilmanha
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by aprilmanha Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:09 pm

Everynevers wrote:
    aprilmanha wrote:But that would just result in summon griefing. If Fromsoft were determined to be cruel they could be a bit less mean about it and give every boss spammable WOTG

Summon griefing? I'm not following you, sorry.

I think I meant that if you could summon people hundreds of levels below you, anyone still low level would be summoned to high level games (if they tried to do some coop) and oneshot by enemies far to strong for them to fight.

It would also allow free grinding for low level characters, where they get a friend in NG++++++ to summon their level 20 character and kill a few mobs to get a share of the souls involved. I'm not actually against that be though, anything to help out a friend big grin
    Rudmed
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Rudmed Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:29 pm

I wish they would have made kick a push down button. On the xbox we can push down the left stick and it doesn't do anything! That would make kicking much easier imo.
    Everynevers
    Everynevers
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Everynevers Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:40 pm

I can see that. I guess they'd need to put some parameters in place. I'm just sick of how lonely the upper SL's are... I still think that if I can be invaded constantly by SL 100somethings (or w/e they are), I should be able to see the summons signs for 100somethings as well.
    lextune
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by lextune Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:44 pm

Probably been said already, but the option to "offer 'blank number' of humanity" to your covenant sure would save a lot of wasted time.

Saving up 30 humanity then having to offer them one by one by one is stupid.
    aprilmanha
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by aprilmanha Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:15 pm

lextune wrote:Probably been said already, but the option to "offer 'blank number' of humanity" to your covenant sure would save a lot of wasted time.

Saving up 30 humanity then having to offer them one by one by one is stupid.
    Heh but that would halve the number of hours it takes to finish the game!
    Everynevers
    Everynevers
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Everynevers Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:24 pm

Hear hear!!

... at least in increments of 5 would be nice, lol/cry.
    RedderAI
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by RedderAI Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:01 pm

I want armor and shields to actually have damage reduction when it comes to Soul Spear sorceries

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 2:57 am