Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+42
Everynevers
JohnnyHarpoon
Tds
Hatsune Miku
Odinbear
PaladinManFace
passivefamiliar
GrinTwist
VinheimProfessor
The Wandering Knight
aceluby
Dante_000
WandererReece
Infighter
oisean11
Somethodox
GTP_Zodicus
lonewolf
Seignar
BrotherBob
Wilkinson3424
kramage
3DHero
Nybbles
ViralEnsign_
Kirk-Barb
steveswede
Gazman0169
THEOGLUIGI
FruitPunchNinja
e82
domesplitter13
Marino.
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
BIG TIME MASTER
Glutebrah
Hylian
fujiphoenix
Spurgun
Mr. Tart
Rudmed
kiwi_commander
46 posters

If Patch 1.07 Shows up, what would you like to see?

Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

If Patch 1.07 Shows up, what would you like to see? - Page 2 Empty Re: If Patch 1.07 Shows up, what would you like to see?

Post by Nybbles Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:25 pm

i would like to see covenant specific items get a small boost from your rank as well, thing like the gravelord sword/dance, dragon weapons, dark sword, lightning spear etc. (basically anything that could be associated with the cov.)

i think there should be a change to the gravelord sword dance as well, reduce the number of casts to say 10 and only cast one sword for each opponent you're facing within it's area of effect (with tracking similar to Nito) and add some toxic build up to it (or maybe not). it would make this spell stand out from the very similar (and better) pyro AoE spells.

the dragon body should also get a small defense and/or resistances boost from cov. ranks. if you could only choose one, i would choose a resistances boost over a defense boost.

being able to donate more than one cov. item at a time would be huge.

make the wood carvings work like regular emotes using the select button on the PS3 (no idea what it is on XBox) so we don't have to fish through a menu to find them or load them into the quick use slot which is better used with other much more useful items.

while a fix to the DWGR was needed, but i think they made it pretty much useless now, the fast roll is superior to the ninja flip so why should i even care that this ring exists now? something else should done to fix this thing or just remove it all together.

the fog ring should work more like the thief ring in Demon's Souls, your invisible to the other player until you get so close. this might be for nostalgia more than anything on my part though.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

If Patch 1.07 Shows up, what would you like to see? - Page 2 Empty Re: If Patch 1.07 Shows up, what would you like to see?

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:43 pm

the grave lord miracles do scale with covanent rank, just not too much until rank 3 i think, and i do agree with the changes you suggested for the spell.
    3DHero
    3DHero
    Casual
    Casual

Post by 3DHero Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:21 pm

Gazman0169 wrote:That's easy, Patch the Manus Boss Fog Glitch, and whilst they're at it make it nigh on impossible to P&R Gwyn. cheers

It's an absolute crime that both Bosses can die so damn easily! :evil:

while there at it make it so that, gwyn is able to parry you!!!! God the amount of tears that will be shed if my idea ever happens. :pale:
    kramage
    kramage
    Casual
    Casual

Post by kramage Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:31 pm

Make red soapstones work in boss arena and areas with bosses cleared and close off all adjacent rooms. Similar to the Lautrec invasion where only the hall was accessible and you couldn't run to the titanite demon and camp there just cuz you're getting ganked by the OG blue phantom farmer.

I just really want to fight in the Abyss...

And Gravelords infect regardless of the host defeating their boss but with fog walls in adjacent areas, similar to Lautrec invasion. Plus make the invaders white phantoms with the gravelord smoke on them instead of just blue phantoms.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:40 am

Lol im too biased. I want Gravelord related goodies!
    Wilkinson3424
    Wilkinson3424
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wilkinson3424 Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:42 am

I want Some of the PTDE magic to be nerfed. Especailly pursuers.
    BrotherBob
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BrotherBob Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:17 am

kiwi_commander wrote:
    1. Some type of event. Maybe a one day even where Slabs or other items have a higher chance to drop, Christmas event? Not sure how this would be implemented though because of the games structure (server vs p2p)
    Maybe the devs could invade players' worlds and drop slabs all over the place! I think that would be nice.

Also, DLC spells should be nerfed.
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:11 am

DLC gets nerfed: Magic goes back to being near-obsolete.
    Patch 1.07? Buff resistance...
    lonewolf
    lonewolf
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lonewolf Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:29 am

buffing the dragon body with defence or the claws scale with rank or strength
    GTP_Zodicus
    Regular
    Regular

Post by GTP_Zodicus Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:12 am

sparkly-twinkly-lizard wrote:pyromancy to scale with resistance, two birds with one stone, the stat would have a use and pyro would'nt be nearly as op since it would require more investment than 6 points into attunement.

yes this ^ i never understood why pryo didnt require a stat.
    BrotherBob
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BrotherBob Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:41 am

Seignar wrote:DLC gets nerfed: Magic goes back to being near-obsolete.
    I don't know about that. My INT/DEX build cuts people down with a buffed Falcion pretty quickly without relying on offensive spells.
    Somethodox
    Somethodox

Post by Somethodox Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:51 am

BrotherBob wrote:
    kiwi_commander wrote:
    1. Some type of event. Maybe a one day even where Slabs or other items have a higher chance to drop, Christmas event? Not sure how this would be implemented though because of the games structure (server vs p2p)
    Maybe the devs could invade players' worlds and drop slabs all over the place! I think that would be nice.

That sounds like a lot of fun! Maybe they could introduce super powerful black phantoms in certain less trafficked areas of the game for a weekend which drop really rare items. Like the phantoms they used to bum early users of the game before its release.

oisean11

Post by oisean11 Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:51 am

Wilkinson3424 wrote:I want Some of the PTDE magic to be nerfed. Especailly pursuers.

This quote made me laugh a bit because it reminds me of how underpowered sorcery was before the DLC. Now finally sorcery has something it can spam and actually work, like WoTG. If they were ever to nerf the dark spells and still not do anything to Wotg I would pretty pissed.
    Somethodox
    Somethodox

Post by Somethodox Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:57 am

I also thought most people had issues with Dark Bead rather than pursuers anyway? Or the combo of the two at least. Guess they could reduce casting time to resolve the latter, but I haven't encountered problems with new magic builds yet.

And to whoever suggested being able to give covenants multiple items at a time, yes, yes, and yes again!
    Infighter
    Infighter
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Infighter Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:51 am

DMB Can invade Wraiths when even when they killed boss
    Facial Hair
    All Dragon Bosses drop Dragon Scales
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:15 am

Infighter wrote:Facial Hair

Yes!, and fix the age slider. Moving it from young to old dosen't change anything. Although, I doubt the characters' physical appearances will get patched.

Also, restore the Warrior of Sunlight covenent's faith requirement to 50.

+1 to giving multiple items at a time to covenents. (Honestly, what were they thinking?)

I don't know much about the DLC sorceries, but I know the pursuers could be nerfed. When they hit me I only have a hair of health left, and I have 45 vit.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:54 am

simple solution to the dark sorceries... extend the silver pendants effective blocking period by 2 seconds, thats enough time to deflect the spell and dodge a css or run in for an attack.
    kiwi_commander
    kiwi_commander
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by kiwi_commander Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:55 am

I see a lot of people saying that Pursuers needs to be nerfed. I have a glass cannon magic build and tried pursuers, it was.... ok. I do see where people can have trouble with it, but it's easy to counter magic users when there is Magic Barrier, Great Magic Barrier, and Vow of Silence around, not to mention that you can upgrade shields with extra magic defense.

I do think that Dark bead is a lot more powerful than people realize because of the spread shot ability.
    steveswede
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by steveswede Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:04 pm

kiwi_commander wrote:not to mention that you can upgrade shields with extra magic defense.

You can't you can only upgrade them normal, fire and lightning and the elemental upgrades do very little in terms of upgrading those resistances.
    kiwi_commander
    kiwi_commander
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by kiwi_commander Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:11 pm

steveswede wrote:
    kiwi_commander wrote:not to mention that you can upgrade shields with extra magic defense.

You can't you can only upgrade them normal, fire and lightning and the elemental upgrades do very little in terms of upgrading those resistances.

Nope, you can upgrade shields to have magic defense. The magic upgrade values are even posted on the shield wiki.
    Dante_000
    Dante_000
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Dante_000 Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:24 pm

Nope, you can upgrade shields to have magic defense. The magic upgrade values are even posted on the shield wiki.

The increase is very slight from what I have seen that Pursuers/Dark Bead is still going to do substantial damage, but as you said they do have a counter in miracles which makes sense seeing as they are counterparts.
    steveswede
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by steveswede Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:38 pm

kiwi_commander wrote:
    steveswede wrote:

Ah I realized my mistake. Enchanted, occult and chaos are not possible on shields (I also think this applies to bows and crossbows), I was bunching enchanted with the whole magic path.
    Somethodox
    Somethodox

Post by Somethodox Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:31 pm

Little things I'd also like to see are Dragonslayer Spear and Greatbow causing increased damage to Dragons. Have throwing knives receive a bleed effect. And tweak things to make covenants more appealing. Make Eyes of Death more accessible and have the Way of White/Princess Covenant actually do something. Perhaps have random Humanity drop chance from enemies which increases as you level in Way of White covenant. That in turn allows you to gather humanity for other covenants, improving the odds that people will explore the covenant system more. Princess Covenant could generate random free estus flasks as part of the princess' favour. Given that you're supposed to be hitting a difficulty jump at this stage with the lordvessel it could make for a very handy and accessible pve covenant.
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:44 pm

kiwi_commander wrote:I see a lot of people saying that Pursuers needs to be nerfed. I have a glass cannon magic build and tried pursuers, it was.... ok. I do see where people can have trouble with it, but it's easy to counter magic users when there is Magic Barrier, Great Magic Barrier, and Vow of Silence around, not to mention that you can upgrade shields with extra magic defense.

I do think that Dark bead is a lot more powerful than people realize because of the spread shot ability.

my favorite defense against either of these spells is to simply not get hit my them…easier said than done when lag is an issue…but neither are harder to avoid or more damaging than WoG in my opinion…plus intelligence builds already had crystal soul spear and crystal soul mass to OHKO just about anybody already. while faith builds still only have WoG which is old hat now.
    kiwi_commander
    kiwi_commander
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by kiwi_commander Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:34 pm

Nybbles wrote:
    kiwi_commander wrote:I see a lot of people saying that Pursuers needs to be nerfed. I have a glass cannon magic build and tried pursuers, it was.... ok. I do see where people can have trouble with it, but it's easy to counter magic users when there is Magic Barrier, Great Magic Barrier, and Vow of Silence around, not to mention that you can upgrade shields with extra magic defense.

my favorite defense against either of these spells is to simply not get hit my them…easier said than done when lag is an issue…but neither are harder to avoid or more damaging than WoG in my opinion…plus intelligence builds already had crystal soul spear and crystal soul mass to OHKO just about anybody already. while faith builds still only have WoG which is old hat now.

I agree with you and I do have to say HCSM + CSS is my favorite combo for my glass cannon build rather than going Pursuers + CSS. I still remember the 3v1 I had with it and some how came out on top.
    I think Im going to start using pursuers more often because that really wreaks havoc on 3v1s when one phantom is just rolling around trying to get away.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 12:03 am