Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+23
IV_Mark_VI
johnnyjwa
Repto
FruitPunchNinja
THEOGLUIGI
Tolvo
Ghadis_God
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
CaligoIllioneus
RANT
TheBigLebowski
ViralEnsign_
Isirith
Reaperfan
argotthar
Onion Knight
Rarayn
billy_bayonet
Dark Spirit EliteBiker20
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Dante_000
BIG TIME MASTER
Gazman0169
27 posters

FROM if I needed my hand held I'd be playing CoD!

billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

FROM if I needed my hand held I'd be playing CoD! - Page 2 Empty Re: FROM if I needed my hand held I'd be playing CoD!

Post by billy_bayonet Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:42 am

if you think the game is soo damn broken stop *** playing it, all i ever see on this forum is someone moaning about something its driving me nuts, its a video game its to be played for fun if there are things in there that can be abused then fine, its people who abuse them dont rage on the game..
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

FROM if I needed my hand held I'd be playing CoD! - Page 2 Empty Re: FROM if I needed my hand held I'd be playing CoD!

Post by Gazman0169 Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:48 am

I'm not raging on the game, I'm raging on FROM for doing something that I consider to be damn disrespectful to it's loyal fanbase, and if you can't handle people complaining it might be an idea for you to avoid a General Discussions Messageboard, as we have every right to air our views here, providing they do not stray beyond the T's & C's of the wiki that hosts it.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:52 am

Dude I was a Demon' s Souls player as well....It really isnt all that big of a deal....

I love Dark Souls as much as Demon's..... I consider myself lucky to have such a great game to play vs insulted because FROM bothered to put loop holes in the game....

Im kinda with you on the Merchants thing but all in all it just made the game more convient.
    Dark Spirit EliteBiker20
    Dark Spirit EliteBiker20
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Dark Spirit EliteBiker20 Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:05 am

Gazman0169 wrote:Billy, you're missing the point, if we don't stand up and complain about things like this then things are never going to change. I have no intention of using the 'glitch', and I would urge everyone reading this not to either, but that doesn't mean to say that things should stop there. Clearly the game is broken, either by chance (which I highly doubt), or by design (I have a hard time believing in coincidences), and FROM need to realise this, so that if/when they release Patch 1.07 they would have done something to fix it.

I agree man. I have complained about certain things before, only to get turned down by people saying not to do stuff.

You have to think of it this way though, no matter how much we as a community despise the fact that there are glitches in the game, even if they fix them, there will always be someone out there that does everything possible to find a new glitch, even if its something as simple as a shortcut through a hard area, like the shortcut in the Catacombs. I used to glitch, only because someone told me about the glitches. I now play legitly and have been playing legitly for some time now. I can completely agree with everything your saying and I wish there would be something done about it.

Maybe we should look at things from the point of view that the glitchers have. It is almost as if they are earning a victory whenever a glitch is patched. They know that they have done something wrong, and when we go above and beyond to get rid of the problem, it just gives them more motivation to find something new to abuse. There will always be glitches, and we can only hope that FROM will do something about it, even if it is their fault that some of these things come about.
    TheBigLebowski
    TheBigLebowski
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by TheBigLebowski Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:11 am

I think the maneater fog gate was a technical glitch, not deliberately implemented by the developers. Never got patched though...

With the Manus boss they just oversee the possibility I guess. No From dev loves bows I guess ;-)

But I agree with the OP. Especially with the nervous breakdown part haha.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:36 am

there will always be glitches in games and people love finding and exploiting them. best thing to do is not to do it and just challenge yourself and beat it legit, i dont see why this particular thing bothers you when theres other way worse glitches but yea....just dont use them dude and i dont see why this is unfair to people that beat it legit, i would think its the other way around it just makes you feel more acomplished imo.
    CaligoIllioneus
    CaligoIllioneus
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by CaligoIllioneus Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:10 pm

Also I don't get why some people think that From puts these glitches in their games intentionally, in fact From has patched out several very cheap tactics like Iron Flesh + OP Crystal Ring Shield...I don't think they intend to make the game easier at all. Making some things (like humanity) more easily farmed doesn't make the game easier, it makes it less boring, because it reduces grind time. Grinding rats for hours is not challenging, it's mindless and boring. Same with (say) Twinkling titanite....was farming Man Eater Shells challenging? No, it was boring as hell. Now if you have the souls and are willing to spend them you can buy the titanite...I'm glad for those changes.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:22 pm

one thing from does alot of in their games is reward thourough exploration, sadly in the days of the internet one persons discovery quickly becomes common knowledge, this "glitch" was probably itended as a reward for those saavy enough to find it out in a the pitch black labyrinth that is the chasm of the abyss, frankly, i'd say just have manus toss dark orbs at the archer to make it a fire fight, and make the orbs one-shot material.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:25 pm

CaligoIllioneus wrote:Also I don't get why some people think that From puts these glitches in their games intentionally, in fact From has patched out several very cheap tactics like Iron Flesh + OP Crystal Ring Shield...I don't think they intend to make the game easier at all. Making some things (like humanity) more easily farmed doesn't make the game easier, it makes it less boring, because it reduces grind time. Grinding rats for hours is not challenging, it's mindless and boring. Same with (say) Twinkling titanite....was farming Man Eater Shells challenging? No, it was boring as hell. Now if you have the souls and are willing to spend them you can buy the titanite...I'm glad for those changes.

i HATED when they made twinklings available to buy, how do you othink people felt after spending countless hours farming for them to upgrade their favourite armor(s) only to find out a couple of day or weeks later it wouldve becomeavailabale to buy? IT SUCKED, i stopped playing for a while after that.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:42 pm

Artorias was a good fight, made me mad for the first time in a while because of legitimate difficulty.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:46 pm

I don't know, I quite like the vendors selling such items. I don't want my hand to be held but I don't want to have to farm/grind.

It makes me feel like I'm playing World of Warcraft whenever I'm just sitting their farming titanite chunks and generally it is just boring to me. I've never been a fan of the concept of farming/grinding.
    THEOGLUIGI
    THEOGLUIGI
    Regular
    Regular

Post by THEOGLUIGI Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:54 pm

I have never cheated in Dark Souls, well, I have made all the NPC's in the forest jump off the stairs to their death over and over but that was a long time ago and that's not even really a glitch or cheat. Anyways, yeah I don't cheat, cheese or glitch on this game for any weapon,item,armor,etc. Knowing this fact makes me feel that much better when I invade and kill somebody with the armor and weapons I worked so hard to upgrade and get.

Just try and have fun playing the game and don't let others who may or may not be cheating ruin it. If you are a good enough player it won't even matter.

Also, I play Dark Souls, like a boss and I'm also really good at Call of Duty, what what. You gotta have the mindless fun with the rage inducing thought provoking.

Last edited by THEOGLUIGI on Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
    CaligoIllioneus
    CaligoIllioneus
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by CaligoIllioneus Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:56 pm

I don't know, I quite like the vendors selling such items. I don't want
    my hand to be held but I don't want to have to farm/grind.

It
    makes me feel like I'm playing World of Warcraft whenever I'm just
    sitting their farming titanite chunks and generally it is just boring to
    me. I've never been a fan of the concept of farming/grinding.

I agree...when I think "Souls Series" I think Flamelurker, Maneaters, Manus, Four Kings NG+, dying in difficult areas like Blighttown, to the Crystal Hollow Archers, etc... I don't think "spend hours in a boring grindfest". Dying to difficult bosses or trying to traverse challenging areas, while sometimes frustrating, becomes really rewarding when you finally best them, but I don't think anyone remembers farming Pure Bladestone fondly.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:57 pm

Also as Luigi brought up, I don't think we should just bash CoD. It's a very different game series from Dark Souls and while we may not like it, people do.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:03 pm

I am pretty convinced at this point that Fromsoft does indeed throw these glitches in on purpose. Like billy and others, i just don't use them. I would prefer they were not there, but i kind of understand why From implements them. It is for people who just would eventually rage quit and not play anymore, and not increase the online population anymore. I guess i would rather have noobs who can't beat manus running around online with pursuers, then having to wait 20-30min for invasions ext.

This is why i kind of wish that Fromsoft would make a spin off title, same basic mechanics. Only make it way more over the top difficult then the souls games, maybe just not give it quite as large of budget. Fromsoft wants to sell games, and so does NamcoBandai, so a bug/glitch that will allow people to do things easier(a lot of people say this game is just TOO HARD) may not be a bad thing to leave in. In their eyes at least.

Last edited by FruitPunchNinja on Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
    CaligoIllioneus
    CaligoIllioneus
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by CaligoIllioneus Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:04 pm

Then why would they remove the Iron Flesh + Crystal Ring Shield cheese? Or the Estus dupe, or killing the Hellkite Dragon in one arrow, etc.
    Repto
    Repto
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Repto Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:44 pm

Considering that the glitch has only been found recently, maybe they haven't even had time to patch it. I've noticed that From take a very long time to patch glitches, but they do get it done:
    BB glitch, Dragon Head glitch, bow backstab glitch, 1 shot arrow kill for Hellkite drake. They were all patched in the end. They also fixed problems like the Masks and the DWGR.

Personally I think it's stupid to believe they would implement something like that on purpose, especially after spending so long designing the fight.
    johnnyjwa
    johnnyjwa
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by johnnyjwa Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:02 pm

This whole thread is stupid. If you don't like that vendors sell certain items, don't buy them. Boss fog glitch? Don't use it. Most of the patches got rid of the grinding that was required in dks before. And lets face it, nobody likes grinding, its not fun or challenging. You say these patches wouldent have happened if the game stayed ps3 exclusive? This makes zero sense and only makes you look like one of those ps3 elitist fanboys that everyone hates. A bigger community is better. It means more people play dark souls which means more money for FROM to make the next souls game. I love this game and the community but for some reason some ppl think this game should be some exclusive club only for the most hardcore gamers. And it's that kind of elitist attitude that annoys the piss outa me.
    THEOGLUIGI
    THEOGLUIGI
    Regular
    Regular

Post by THEOGLUIGI Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:08 pm

I agree that this thread is somewhat pointless and is becoming a "let's cry about things that are wrong with Dark Souls" kind of conversation. No game is perfect, like ENB stated in his "Future of Dark Souls" video. The combos in Street Fighter 2 were a glitch and not meant to be able to be performed but guess what, that is now one of the main staples to the Street Fighter series. You never know what developers can learn and take away from a game that has issues like glitches. I'm sure From is going to fix the glitch and if they don't, no hair off my back. I like fighting Manus, so I will.
    BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:17 pm

Applying some discipline to your game can make it as punishing as you want it, but if your so much of a glutton for virtual punishment that DKS just aint satisfying you, maybe you should pick up running or something?

DKS is undeniably hard, and it can't be modified for the guys who have been playing since day one. Bottom line is that it is a game and thus won't entertain you forever. If you feel like the integrity of the experience is breeched because other people are able to exploit glitches that you don't like, don't be mad- that was on THEIR game, not yours.

Last winter I climbed a certain mountain in Italy with a friend. It was a goddamn adventure if I've ever had one, and consider that I am young, in excellent shape, and have nice gear too. This mountain, like most in the Alps, was first climbed in the late 1800's, by some guys with minimal gear and no knowledge that someone had climbed it before. Since then it has been climbed thousands of times by all sorts of people every year. Did any of this take away from my experience? Of course not. Sure some folks climbed it in summer and had a pleasant stroll, and some folks climbed with large groups and had a cozy night with lots of food and water, but my experience was MY experience.

Now if FROM makes a third Souls game and it is just plain easy then I just won't play it (unless its fun anyways) but I see no sense in complaining about it, or worse, being MAD about it. FROM giveth and FROM taketh away.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:25 pm

Honestly, Dark Souls is about game knowledge, and not that much about skill. The only thing that is skillful is PvP and that is hurt, a lot, by lag.

PvE is not hard, as demonstrated by most people can do SL1 runs. My first run was ridiculously hard, because I dind't have any game knowledge. I put stats in all the wrong places and restarted with a better knowledge of the game, and that was challenging. By the fourth run, it was easy but still fun.

I haven't been challenged in this game in a long time; if you like true challenges play Bullet Hell games, my friend plays Touhou series on Insane. Those are memorization as well, but more difficult than Dark Souls.
    Strudul
    Strudul
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Strudul Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:39 pm

If I am completely honest, Dark Souls is not that hard (compared to other games).

Few examples of harder games off the top of my head:
    -Devil May Cry
    -Ninja Gaiden (2)
    -IWBTG
    -Super Kaizo World
    -Vindictus
    -Call of Duty

With Dark Souls, you usually have the ability to take your time and win how you like. Most of the bosses are pretty slow and you have more than enough time to react to anything.

The actual difficulty of the game itself is more than manageable and people are having to make up their own challenges and builds to make the game harder.

You may say "oh, but you die in 1 hit so it must be hard". Well, to an extent you are right. If you make a mistake in DS, you can get f***** up pretty bad. However, the game seems to be pretty forgiving in most cases and you don't need amazing timing and reactions.

Take Vindictus for example. The class that I played only had 0.3 seconds of invincibility frames when dodging, and this was at max skill level. On top of that, not every attack is dodgeable like in DS.

Eating a yoghurt while typing, so excuse any spelling/ grammar mistakes.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:41 pm

Strudul wrote:If I am completely honest, Dark Souls is not that hard (compared to other games).

Few examples of harder games off the top of my head:
    -Devil May Cry
    -Ninja Gaiden (2)
    -IWBTG
    -Super Kaizo World
    -Vindictus
    -Call of Duty

With Dark Souls, you usually have the ability to take your time and win how you like. Most of the bosses are pretty slow and you have more than enough time to react to anything.

The actual difficulty of the game itself is more than manageable and people are having to make up their own challenges and builds to make the game harder.

You may say "oh, but you die in 1 hit so it must be hard". Well, to an extent you are right. If you make a mistake in DS, you can get f***** up pretty bad. However, the game seems to be pretty forgiving in most cases and you don't need amazing timing and reactions.

Take Vindictus for example. The class that I played only had 0.3 seconds of invincibility frames when dodging, and this was at max skill level. On top of that, not every attack is dodgeable like in DS.

Eating a yoghurt while typing, so excuse any spelling/ grammar mistakes.

what? no monster hunter? the psp ones since the wii version(s) were so damn easy.
    Strudul
    Strudul
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Strudul Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:43 pm

RantFromRant wrote:

what? no monster hunter? the psp ones since the wii version(s) were so damn easy.

Monster Hunter wasn't that hard.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:46 pm

I think there is a difference between having a game be challenging, and having a game be difficult.

Uncharted 3 on its hardest difficulty in the last few levels is far more difficult to me than any of the games you've listed. But I wouldn't call it challenging, it just kills you.

I feel the same way about a lot of what you listed, those games often go for cheap deaths that aren't about reactions. Often its about dying, then remembering the layout.

I'm mostly talking about IWBTG and Kaizo Mario in that regard.

I like that in Dark Souls there really aren't ******** deaths, excluding the bridge Wyvern. That is a pretty dirty kill. Other than that if you have the skills to, you can beat any challenge on your first try.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 18, 2024 4:04 pm