Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Rarayn
The Letter X
rayrayjay
7 posters

Can someone teach me the basics of PVP?

rayrayjay

Can someone teach me the basics of PVP? Empty Can someone teach me the basics of PVP?

Post by rayrayjay Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:57 pm

Hi, I am new to this forum, and I'd like to have someone show me the ins and outs of dueling in this game. I am not very skilled, but I am open to anything and everything you tell me.

Much appreciated,
    RRJ
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Can someone teach me the basics of PVP? Empty Re: Can someone teach me the basics of PVP?

Post by The Letter X Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:59 pm

Which system? If you're on Xbox, then message me with the same name I'm using for this forum. And if you have a Mic that'll be even better.
    rayrayjay

Can someone teach me the basics of PVP? Empty Re: Can someone teach me the basics of PVP?

Post by rayrayjay Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:01 am

Yes, I'm on the xbox and I have a mic. I'll message you on there.
    Rarayn
    Rarayn
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rarayn Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:09 am

While there's no substitute for real experience, you might also want to go to Youtube and do a search for "Dark Souls PVP". There's a lot of good PVP videos around, and watching them might help you improve a little.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:18 am

You want someone to teach you the basics of PVP?

PhantomEWGF
    -----------------

Videos Showcasing how to PVP

Backstabbing (Two videos)
    Spoiler:

Parrying
    Spoiler:

Dead Angling

Spoiler:

Watch these videos - these should teach you your basic PVP mechanics and tactics: it will also teach you how to counter them.

Just watch some darksouls youtubers: TehInfamousAmos, MartyrsBrigade99
    xSkulled

People like these (disregard the shameless plug)

From then on it is up to you on how you play Dark Souls PVP, you can form you own style and have fun how you like. Feel free to add TehInfamousAmos on PSN for some PvP action anytime lol!

Hope I have been useful, good luck!

Jason
    martyrsbrigade99
    martyrsbrigade99
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by martyrsbrigade99 Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:28 pm

Honestly, experience is the best teacher. Just don't be afraid or frustrated with losing and you'll be fine.
    vatar5
    vatar5
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by vatar5 Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:30 pm

Watch the videos,they will give you global ideas of how to fight.
    EWGF's videos changed my PvP experience o/
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:58 pm

Ha, don't worry guys. I referred him to YouTube before doing anything else.
    rayrayjay

Post by rayrayjay Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:36 pm

Yeah, X actually showed me all of those uploaders. I've already tried watching them but I wanted someone to give me some quick practice.

But thanks everyone!
    BackstabFisherman
    BackstabFisherman
    Regular
    Regular

Post by BackstabFisherman Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:43 pm

Learn how to backstab and parry people, and also learn how to avoid getting backstabbed. Swordplay often leads to getting backstabbed or parried at the end of the day, even among people who aren't backstab and parry fisherman, so you are better off learning backstab and parry tactics first, and then maybe learning how to dead angle with some types of weapons. The best way to to a ton of damage to your enemy with your weapon is to backstab them, or parry => riposte.

Also practice some with bows in PVP, they are underrated by a lot of people, and most people don't even use them. I'd say maybe 10% of people use bows? When you know someone is going to try to run away or chug estus, a bow helps keep the pressure on, and if they screw around too much, suddenly I've picked 1/2 their HP bar off with a few shots.

Also don't EVER be mid rolling in PVP. You want to be fast rolling. Screw heavy armor, defense is less important than mobility in this game. The slower recovery,,and less invincibility frames for mid rolling only leaves you at a disadvantage if your opponent is fast rolling. Also you move faster and have faster stamina regen at under 25% burden.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 3:32 pm