Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+20
greeneless
Rifter7
BrotherBob
lordgodofhell
billy_bayonet
TheMeInTeam
Xero
hageshisa
eduardolee
FruitPunchNinja
BackstabFisherman
Espada Muerta
lextune
mugenis4real
chaosrave
RANT
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Seignar
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
TombstoneHD
24 posters

Why you should not grief in Dark Souls

lordgodofhell
    lordgodofhell
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Why you should not grief in Dark Souls - Page 2 Empty Re: Why you should not grief in Dark Souls

Post by lordgodofhell Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:24 pm

He was not griefing, he is the HOST lmao. The phantom surely would have been right by him if he had been trolling you.

Seems to me like he was invaded as he got to the bottom of the lift and awaited you so that he could wog you off the lift and continue his quest. Either way, there was some major lag going on here as even if you insta blocked his attack, wog propels you back which never happened to you despite you not dodging at all.

Credit to you for using poison rez on the falc and not the overused DMB Falc.
    BrotherBob
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Why you should not grief in Dark Souls - Page 2 Empty Re: Why you should not grief in Dark Souls

Post by BrotherBob Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:56 am

chaosrave wrote:man what ever... that guy might have been cheap but now since we have duel arenas all is fair in invasions... if you wana complain play offline and do the boss's yourself

You can't get a decent fight in the arena. By "decent fight" I mean a fight without Dark Magic. If I'm looking for a melee-based fight, invading and RSS are my only hope.
    BrotherBob
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BrotherBob Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:01 am

BackstabFisherman wrote:If I invade someone, there is no fair fight, if you bow, I will backstab you(Gotten some really vicious hate mail). But then again, I expect the person I invaded to do no less but use every method at their disposal to win, including traps, estus chugging, summoning blues, or whatever. No quarter is shown, but none is expected either, and I think that is how From Software intended for this to be, honestly. The ones who can't cope with that should just play offline, or stay hollow.
    The truly good duelers bow. They know that they're taking a risk in bowing, but want to give their opponent the benefit of the doubt. If I get bow backstabbed and killed, I'll remember the guy's name and then kill him next time (without bowing). If I'm lucky (or skilled or if my opponent sucks), I'll survive the backstab and end up killing him. That's an EPIC fail! I just love it when someone tries to kill me while I'm vulnerable and defenseless, only to end up getting killed themselves... The guilty pay the price! :blue-orb:
    BackstabFisherman
    BackstabFisherman
    Regular
    Regular

Post by BackstabFisherman Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:11 am

BrotherBob wrote:
    BackstabFisherman wrote:If I invade someone, there is no fair fight, if you bow, I will backstab you(Gotten some really vicious hate mail). But then again, I expect the person I invaded to do no less but use every method at their disposal to win, including traps, estus chugging, summoning blues, or whatever. No quarter is shown, but none is expected either, and I think that is how From Software intended for this to be, honestly. The ones who can't cope with that should just play offline, or stay hollow.
    The truly good duelers bow. They know that they're taking a risk in bowing, but want to give their opponent the benefit of the doubt. If I get bow backstabbed and killed, I'll remember the guy's name and then kill him next time (without bowing). If I'm lucky (or skilled or if my opponent sucks), I'll survive the backstab and end up killing him. That's an EPIC fail! I just love it when someone tries to kill me while I'm vulnerable and defenseless, only to end up getting killed themselves... The guilty pay the price! Why you should not grief in Dark Souls - Page 2 323315581

Good players don't bow to random invaders. Those are honor noobs. If you got a fight club or something, then its different.

I forget what movie it was, some karate movie, anyway I remember a student bowing, and got punched in the head by his master, and he was told to never take your eyes off your opponent. The moral of the story is to never assume your opponent is honorable, and you do so at your own peril.

So you can't really blame the guy who backstabs you if you bow, instead you should blame yourself for underestimating your opponent.
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Rifter7 Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:07 am

BackstabFisherman wrote:stuff.

is this real life?

and whats up with the video.. looks like a quester trying to gank you then some intense lag and you backstabbing him off the edge instead..
    not quite sure what you want us to say about that? that the games laggy? questers are generally dbags?
    hageshisa
    hageshisa
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by hageshisa Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:54 am

Lol fisherman! You can justify bs while bowing the best you want. It's still bad manners. If you want to win that badly that you feel the urge to punish someone for being polite, it's your loss.
    greeneless
    greeneless
    Regular
    Regular

Post by greeneless Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:51 am

This wasn't lag it was karma
    hageshisa
    hageshisa
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by hageshisa Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:29 pm

Love instant-karma!
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:37 pm

BackstabFisherman wrote:
    Good players don't bow to random invaders. Those are honor noobs. If you got a fight club or something, then its different.

I forget what movie it was, some karate movie, anyway I remember a student bowing, and got punched in the head by his master, and he was told to never take your eyes off your opponent. The moral of the story is to never assume your opponent is honorable, and you do so at your own peril.

So you can't really blame the guy who backstabs you if you bow, instead you should blame yourself for underestimating your opponent.

if you BS me when i bow that's fine, my victory is that much sweeter when i still win and your tears of rage will taste that much better.

the reason i always fight honorably isn't because i'm an honor noob, it's because i enjoy the matches i win when the other enemy used every cheap tatic he could and still couldn't win.

Winning matches is winning matches, its cool i guess, but it is no different then losing a match. what really is fun and gives me that satisfaction is beating cheap players that play dirty, so i encourage it, at the same time it does frustrate me if i lose many times in a row to a cheap player but when i beat them its amazing.

thats what really keeps my interest in this game is those matches where i beat invader that BSed me as i bowed and had to tun off behind mobs and heal 3x when i never did, or the 2v1 i invaded into, matches like that and duels with friends, but when i duel with friends i could care less if i win or not, its just fun.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:53 pm

TombstoneHD wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUtYxJW4_vg

That's not griefing. Add me on PSN and I will show you what's griefing.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:44 pm

Sent you a message TombstoneHD regarding you blocking me in your videos because I quote:

"nevermind. you have NO SAY you have been in the Dark
    Souls Community for 2 months because of the pc version you know NOTHING
    so get the *** off my video"

Get your facts right son. And for the record I was talking about the white phantom with the comment about Cliche equipment.

Besides this, is this how you treat who "supposedly" (because you misunderstand what I wrote) disagrees with you? Blocking them in your videos? And on top of that one of your reasons is because I know nothing because I've been here for 2 months (which isn't true)? You're kind of man that this community doesn't need.

Finally it seems to me that you're just using these forums to post your videos.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:56 pm

Guys can we all just calm down and play nice?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:08 pm

Whoa, what has happened here?
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:16 pm

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:Whoa, what has happened here?

I commented in his video the following: "Cliche equipment."

He asked me: "How?"

I didn't had the time to answer so I leave it there.

Then after some time I see that he deleted my comment and his response to it, and instead added a new response, which is the one I quoted above. And blocked me in his videos (can't comment, etc.).

The worst part is that I was referring to the white phantom, not him.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:39 pm

ChizFreak wrote:The worst part is that I was referring to the white phantom, not him.

Oh, people. Take things to heart far too easily. silly
    TombstoneHD
    TombstoneHD
    Casual
    Casual

Post by TombstoneHD Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:37 pm

sorry chiz i thought you were that isaac guy that how? comment should have ben the only comment i sent to you i also unblocked you
    BrotherBob
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BrotherBob Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:38 pm

BackstabFisherman wrote:

In the end I always follow this logic about bow backstabbing: "You backstab me while I bow, shame on me; you fail to kill me on that backstab and I end up pwning you, shame on you."

Just happened to me at the Kiln, and you can guess what's gonna happen the next time I invade that player... the justice of the Blades of the Darkmoon!
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:28 am

BackstabFisherman wrote:

I think you are confusing "good" with "ruthless". There are people who value a fair fight, letting skill decide the winner. There are people who want to win at any cost. "Noobishness" has nothing to do with that.

If you want to follow some karate movie's rules of engagement, go ahead. Just don't be calling people who bow "honor noobs".

FWIW, during invasions I don't bow. Unless, my opponent bows and I have a good distance. But, if my opponent bows, I play differently, more "duel" style engagement.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:10 pm

I agree with reim.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:14 pm