Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+33
Marino.
GTP_Zodicus
Carphil
Isirith
Rynoa
vatar5
Conrack
passivefamiliar
Emergence
reim0027
AugustBlade
ublug
ChizFreak
TheBigLebowski
Back Lot Basher
ReapersHowl
retro
Shindori
Kerberos-013
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
XachAttack
aceluby
billy_bayonet
FruitPunchNinja
Green__Eagle
Automancer
tofucactaur
SlakeMoth
lorenzo110
Gazman0169
PlasticandRage
AHK-HK
Odinbear
37 posters

DLC corrupt?

Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

DLC corrupt? - Page 2 Empty Re: DLC corrupt?

Post by Odinbear Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:51 pm

XachAttack wrote:At least it's only a bug that affects visuals, not like it breaks the game or anything. Still hope it gets fixed though lol, it's easy to adjust to (for me anyway) but it's still a bit annoying.

Invisible dark magic breaks the game, certainly makes arena duels even harder and pursues damn near impossible to run/dodge from. Just sayin....
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:54 pm

an invader showed up invisible... then tried to use it for ambushes... but he couldn't see where his character was in relation to ledges and fell of something after 1 minute... really weird, also the glowy flowers in royal wood outright disappear... same with the crystal lizards...
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:57 pm

And your green spot to RECOVER LOST SOULS blinks invisible too
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Odinbear Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:09 pm

Last night, shut whole system (rare) with my character in sanctuary garden. START>LOAD GAME. No flickering bonfire, ran out laid a WSS, sat a min. No summon, everything still normal tho. left WSS down and scampered to the Arena ( still no summons ) . Inside arena, still no flickering messages or aura. Check this out, tho... Step out towards the Oocalile Township bf and almost as soon as I reach the bf the fog gate goes up, less than 30secs it dissolves ( no failed invasion messages), but the bonfire is still Inactive, my WSS is Not greyed out, the kneel animation happens like I'm laying it but no sign. Then all of a sudden whoosh, bf is active, but the flickering has now started. Several more failed invasions happen and 2 successful happen b4 being summoned into a game. The visual glitch was happening in co-op for me. I wonder if for host and other phantom. I think maybe so as those ghosts disappear and appear too and seemed like all 3 of us were having trouble with them.

Possibly the shear number of red invaders invading may be doing this, but if so, why does it persist when co-op'ing?
    I'm almost inclined to believe the patch is faulty and somehow the red failed invasions are the source. More specifically the invasion not releasing it's hold properly. Terminate connection. And because I see no error message also points to that, as the invasion freezes or whatever before getting to that code.

Just a theory.
    Kerberos-013
    Kerberos-013
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Kerberos-013 Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:05 pm

This sucks, I was just about to go through the DLC for the second time with the same character on NG++.

I can confirm having the patch installed first, then installed DLC, then playing through all of the DLC with NO problems. PS3

Now back at DLC for the second time NG++, and I get the bug.
    lorenzo110
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by lorenzo110 Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:13 pm

There is definately an issue with the co op on line access at the DLC. Testing it and in the arena 1v1 is not working at all. As soon as it finds me an opponent the bon fire flickers off and it drops the peer to peer connection. After that happens the bonfire relites again as if working normally. But once it starts to connect me with another player the bonfire dies out and the connection stops. There is something major happening with their servers establishing peer to peer protocols in the DLC area. I am not able to get into any matches at all in the DLC but outside of it there is no problem at all being summoned or invaded. I hope they are aware of this issue and fix it soon.
    Kerberos-013
    Kerberos-013
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Kerberos-013 Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:49 pm

It's so weird that the DLC areas worked fine on PS3 when it was first released, up until a day or so ago.
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Odinbear Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:59 pm

Maybe they are tinkering with the server code? Weird you would beta test on paying customers.
    Shindori
    Shindori
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Shindori Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:41 pm

The whole fog gate thing deactivating the fire and not getting invaded happened to me a lot at the kilm on 360, which was ages ago. On my first chara at launch no less. On ps3 it hasnt happened yet, but the effects (which im guessing is a top layer thing) disappear and appear a lot, like flashing tons. It's probably just a bug. PVP was fine though, just had to learn to read things.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:37 am

Okay. This is happening to me now too. I just went down to the abyss to farm humanity and the ghosts, and my magic are invisible down there. It's looking like the bonfire is now too, though it wasn't when I was on my way down.

I just did some Googling and topics like this are popping in all the Dark Souls forums I could find. All except, oddly, the official one? Although that one seemed like there wasn't much life in it anyway. Hopefully this is widespread enough for them to be aware that this is happening.
    retro
    retro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by retro Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:29 am

Experiencing the same issue throughout the DLC areas, PS3 here.

A lot of visual effects flicker, sometimes rapidly or sometimes taking a while to reappear/ disappear. Bonfires, spells, messages, summon signs, humanity phantoms, Artorias' aura, status effect auras, Kalameet's black fire attacks, etc.

The biggest impact this seems to have on gameplay is not being able to see which spell you're being attacked by sometimes (PvP), and making it harder to see summon signs. Also it's quite distracting and annoying.

Hope this gets fixed soon!
    ReapersHowl
    ReapersHowl

Post by ReapersHowl Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:54 am

Any News on whether or not From or Namco have acknowledged the problem or if there is a possible fix on the way, I really want to get back into the DLC.
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Odinbear Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:40 pm

ReapersHowl wrote:Any News on whether or not From or Namco have acknowledged the problem or if there is a possible fix on the way, I really want to get back into the DLC.

Haven't played almost 2 days. Gonna get some non DLC chars moved around the map as I find it so annoying it's virtually unplayable for me.
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:49 pm

Gazman0169 wrote:Well so far, touch wood, I've not had the same experiences as you, and I'm also playing on the PS3, but I'm doing so from an extended edition disc, which may be the reason why.

Did you get the Japanese version for the extended?
    TheBigLebowski
    TheBigLebowski
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by TheBigLebowski Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:43 pm

I can confirm. messages, bonfires and even miracles/spells are flickering or invisible. I play on ps3 btw. It's only since today (I already played the dlc a couple of times with different chars) Also it's the digital version (psn store, not the disc one).

I don't hope these issues and topics will go the same route as the summoning failed ones....
    ReapersHowl
    ReapersHowl

Post by ReapersHowl Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:03 pm

Is there a bundle/physical disc with the DLC on it that was released in the US? If so does the graphics glitch still happen there or is it only for people that downloaded the DLC separate?
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:50 pm

Oh ****, it's happening to me now! It was fine about 2 days ago!
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:14 pm

Can anyone confirm it happens in Hollow form too? It didn't happened to me while being hollow for some reason.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:46 pm

It happened to me while i was hollow. From what i can tell it actually doesn't have anything to do with being online. Even while offline certain graphics(flames,spells,ext) are very buggy.
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:54 pm

My game was fine offline, no glitches that I could see.
    When I start the game and load my character it takes a bit of time before the glitches kick in, half a minute or there about. If I move from the township to just behind the fog, in the middle of the junction between the stairs to Gough and the Gazebo, the glitches stops when I stand still there for some time but they start again as soon as I move my character.

It was suggested that differences in the dlc and on-disc versions cases it, but the on-disc version have been in sale for some time now (afaik) and the glitches should have appeared sooner.

I also read on the other wiki's forum that the glitches could be related to the dlc arena's leaderboard, the sheer size of the thing by now, since that should be the only part of the game that has changed (grown) since the dlc launched. - This sounds more plausible. It could also be a difficult thing to beta test since you need a vast number of arena players to fill the list beyond its limit, and the ps3 should have the largest online activity of all the versions.
    AugustBlade
    AugustBlade
    Casual
    Casual

Post by AugustBlade Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:11 am

Just so you guys know, it is just a visual bug. I can still play in the DLC arena just fine against others, even with the flickering. Jump on!
    TheBigLebowski
    TheBigLebowski
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by TheBigLebowski Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:58 am

FruitPunchNinja wrote:It happened to me while i was hollow. From what i can tell it actually doesn't have anything to do with being online. Even while offline certain graphics(flames,spells,ext) are very buggy.

For me offline it was gone.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:30 am

AugustBlade wrote:Just so you guys know, it is just a visual bug. I can still play in the DLC arena just fine against others, even with the flickering. Jump on!

True, but it can mess up your playing. Fireball casting is messed up with this glitch. I was duelling someone at the township bonfire, and his faireball was flashing like the bonfire, going in and out.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:21 am

Based on conversations, playing offline seems to be the best way to minimize the flicker.
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Odinbear Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:25 am

Emergence wrote:Based on conversations, playing offline seems to be the best way to minimize the flicker.

Might be true, but I didn't buy the DLC or the game to play offline.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 12:19 am