Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+15
Carphil
Revoltage
GrinTwist
Spurgun
GkMrBane
Nybbles
Automancer
WandererReece
skarekrow13
AzureCrow
aceluby
Uparkaam
callipygias
petals18
AnastaciaAstora
19 posters

messages you've left.

Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

messages you've left. - Page 2 Empty Re: messages you've left.

Post by Spurgun Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:12 am

GkMrBane wrote:Gives them one hummanity.

EDIT: gives one hummanity to the person who left the message.

I've always thought that it gave them one estus flask silly
    petals18

Post by petals18 Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:59 am

Spurgun wrote:

Nope, the estus flasks are when you are near a bonfire and someone else kindles it, you get and extra one all the way up to 20 I believe, so you could stand next to a popular one at a busy time with no estus and end up with 20 if you waited long enough.

Dont know why on earth you would though, it would just take forever lol. Ive never gotten one when just when I needed it, that would be cool.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:05 pm

petals18 wrote:
    Spurgun wrote:

Nope, the estus flasks are when you are near a bonfire and someone else kindles it, you get and extra one all the way up to 20 I believe, so you could stand next to a popular one at a busy time with no estus and end up with 20 if you waited long enough.

Dont know why on earth you would though, it would just take forever lol. Ive never gotten one when just when I needed it, that would be cool.

IIRC it's the last bonfire you rested at. So you could be in darkroot and get estus from a bonfire in ToTG.
    petals18

Post by petals18 Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:13 pm

Spurgun wrote:
    petals18 wrote:
    Spurgun wrote:

IIRC it's the last bonfire you rested at. So you could be in darkroot and get estus from a bonfire in ToTG.

Oh ok, i always seem to get them when im near bonfires so i just assumed thats how it worked, not like it makes a huge difference either way.
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:01 pm

No matter where you go, ALWAYS BEWARE OF FATTY.

I've seen some interesting things that weren't mine:

- "Bonfire Ahead" in Firelink had 20+ votes. No idea why, but amusing to see it get so many ratings considering how typical this joke is and how typically it's ignored.

- "Amazing Chest Ahead" actually used in places that DON'T involve Priscilla, a certain princess in Anor Londo, or any variety of spider monster. It had upvotes, but the contents of the chest were actually pretty mundane. I'm not grasping the logic.

- "Try Jumping", on the cliff near where you farm the Darkroot NPCs by making them plummet to their death...but not actually at the spot you'd stand. If you followed the message, you'd suicide. Had 20+ votes.

- I've probably seen 100+ "need humanity" signs. Almost none of them get ratings...except one had 10?

Sometimes trends just aren't predictable.
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:03 pm

I once saw a message right next to the Firelink Shrine bonfire. It had over 900 ratings.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:25 pm

TheMeInTeam wrote:- "Try Jumping", on the cliff near where you farm the Darkroot NPCs by making them plummet to their death...but not actually at the spot you'd stand. If you followed the message, you'd suicide. Had 20+ votes.

I always see the message, "Try Backstepping" between the elevator shaft and the lever.

I've seen other "Jumping" messages near cliffs.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:36 pm

I just saw a message in the burg bonfire room. It was "Try strange creature". What's that supposed to mean? Is it refering to a vagrant someone saw?
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:00 pm

I did my favourite jump in the Undead Burg (where you jump from the wooden platform where the firebombers are towards the tower and land on one of the roofs) a message saying "wings?" big grin I bet a few guys wondered how in the hell did that message get there.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:07 pm

Juutas wrote:I bet a few guys wondered how in the hell did that message get there.

Once I saw a message in the church. It looked like it was floating in the air. I finally figured out how to get to it, and it disapeared before I could read it.
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:11 pm

Uparkaam wrote:I once saw a message right next to the Firelink Shrine bonfire. It had over 900 ratings.

It seems like a lot of the messages at firelink shrine normally have a high rating. I mean if you have ever seen it one of the first messages there is "bonfire" right under the bonfire by now I'd think there would be over 1,000 upvotes for it.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:37 pm

I habitually upding messages, particularly in Anor Londo where I hang out most of the time (PS3). There is a "happiness" one there with hundreds of + ratings for no apparent reason.

One interesting thing I've noticed is that you can repeatedly rate the same message if you encounter it back in your own world in between coop runs (and possibly invasions, I guess). Quitting and reloading does not work; you instead need to cycle in between your world and someone else's.

Your own messages can also show up and get rated by others if you are not logged in, I've had several get voted up while I was not online.
    GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:47 pm

WandererReece wrote:I just saw a message in the burg bonfire room. It was "Try strange creature". What's that supposed to mean? Is it refering to a vagrant someone saw?

LOL on xbox in firelink shrine behind the undead thats bent over the well I left that same message . apparently nobody got the joke, its a shame I couldnt just write a message saying suprise butts$Ex's
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:24 pm

https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t5270-toxic-fun-time

Title: The Guidance Game!
    ------------------------------------
    Players Required: Two or More

Covenants Needed: None

Items Required: Orange Guidance Soapstone, Seek Guidance Miracle

Description: A riddle game of sorts, for all to see. It is made for you to challenge the intellect of others. Basically, the person(s) must find and mark the hidden guidance sign laid by another.

First, you hide the sign somewhere many would not find. For example, the top of a gear in the Duke's Prison, or hidden on a branch in the Great Hollow, or any other hiding spot that many would not go to, or somewhere that is hard to get to. Then, with all of it set and ready, the setter of the sign must make up a riddle of sorts for the person to find it. They can add the location of it, such as Ash Lake or whatever, for the person to find, but just showing them a riddle that is precise yet vague enough for them not to easily find and yet narrowed to a few locations would give it a good feel to it. The set sign should coordinate with the riddle well, by it being an answer or just a similar feel towards the riddle.

Next, is the seeker, or seekers, of the sign. To find the sign, they must use seek guidance, as orange signs usually only show to a destined few in a server, however the use of the miracle shows all that are set by players. The player uses the riddle to find the hidden sign, in which the setter can tell the seekers different clues and possibly a second or third riddle if needed for them to find it. However giving them little information and making them seek it themselves will be more of a challenge.

Once the player solves the puzzle, and finds the set guidance sign, the player marks it. The player has a choice thou: The player can mark it with a positive, which makes it easier to find, or a negative, so it is a lot harder to find. If playing with others, and the fact that seek guidance is an area of effect miracle, and does not go for miles on end to show all orange signs, it could be used to better hide the setter's riddle sign from other seeker's eyes. For proof, you can just give the setter a picture or confirmation that they found it.

It is a puzzle game, a game for others in your group to find and play with. Hopefully, I will integrate this myself for my comrades in the near future, as I would like to try something like this, and actually give meaning towards both the miracle and orange soapstone for all to use in the community. The different groups can make their own riddles and puzzles for them to find, and can experiment and try new ways to integrate the way of notes and forms.

Recommended: The Seek Guidance Miracle is the only recommendation, as well as the seekers carrying orange guidance signs for them to rank the setter's sign as well.

Please, enjoy yourself in possibilities.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:11 pm