Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Marino.
Alara78
dark wolf
8 posters

i cant hit the enemy with weapon

dark wolf

i cant hit the enemy with weapon  Empty i cant hit the enemy with weapon

Post by dark wolf Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:15 am

I get Invade by players the not matter what weapon ,shield or armor i use it always did not work right . my weapon did not damage the enemy ( i use different weapon to check ) , my shield and armor did not defend my from the damage ( i talking about 1/3 of my HP every time ) , and the enemy weapon ( not matter what kind of weapon ) always cause bleed .

The alone thing the all Invade players have in common is the halo the you get when you use "GREEN BLOSSOM" or "TRANSIENT CURSE" . Please help me .
    Alara78
    Alara78
    Addicted
    Addicted

i cant hit the enemy with weapon  Empty Re: i cant hit the enemy with weapon

Post by Alara78 Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:55 am

Sounds like hackers to me.
    dark wolf

Post by dark wolf Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:06 am

but 8 different players , different weapon and armor , different Covenant ( 3 was in the warrior of sunlight )
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:47 am

The Invader probably had a super high upgraded Weapon to cause so much Damage . There are several Weapons that cause Bleed (Katanas, Scythes, Gold tracer, Priscilas Dagger) but you can avoid getting Bleed out by Dodging right when the next attack would fill your metre all the Way up, you wont take any Damage and the Bleed metre wil reset .

As for the Aura . They probably used the Grass crest shield or the Mask of the Shield or a Ring (cant remember the name silly )
    What is your SL ?
    dark wolf

Post by dark wolf Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:24 am

i 105 but it not the point , 3 out of the players use greatsword ( cannot say of sure if it was a greatsword or ultra greatsword ) and each and every one look different , and i use a shield to block the attack and it stil cause damage and bleed ( the bleed build up is the same with shield block or not ) .

and it stil do not answer the question why can i not damage the enemy players ?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:28 am

The Flamberge is a bleed-inducing greatsword.

Question: What shield are you using and what are your armors?
    dark wolf

Post by dark wolf Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:09 pm

shield: "Silver Knight Shield +5" . armors: "Black Iron Helm +5" , "Black Iorn Armor +5" , "Elite Knight Gauntlets +6" , "Elite Knight Leggings +6" . 2 of the enemy players use "Four-pronged Plow" and "Great Lord Armor" set , and still take damage the equal to 1/4 my HP and bleed .

and it stil do not answer the question why can i not damage the enemy players ?
    dark wolf

Post by dark wolf Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:17 pm

A question : i create this topic in the pvp discussion , so why it in th pc discussion ? and how i transfer it to the pvp discussion ? ( because i play in the ps3 )
    lextune
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by lextune Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:27 pm

Most likely reason why you "can't damage" them is you probably aren't hitting them.

Dodging + Lag often equals you believing that you've hit them when you haven't.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:51 pm

Dodging also has invincibility frames, so you might be hitting them while they dodge, but it won't cause any damage. Combine this with lag and it gets more difficult if you're new to PvP.
    dark wolf

Post by dark wolf Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:38 pm

but i see the attack hit with a lightning weapon and it did not damage they and i even use a "fire orb" and just one time i "hit" and still no damage .

And about dodging , when i hit they the did not dodge , and i hit they while they block with a greatsword and i hit the with a lightning weapon (i know i hit because i get the same animation when you hit a wall ) and still did not damage they .

And one time i dodge and somehow i get backstab ( and i already see the animation of the dodging)
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:01 pm

lextune wrote:Most likely reason why you "can't damage" them is you probably aren't hitting them.

Dodging + Lag often equals you believing that you've hit them when you haven't.
    WyrmHero wrote:Dodging also has invincibility frames, so you might be hitting them while they dodge, but it won't cause any damage. Combine this with lag and it gets more difficult if you're new to PvP.

I'm afraid these guys already answered your question. On your screen, it looks like you hit. You even get the sound effects of lightning weapon, the flame effect of fire orb, but on their screen, they got away just in time and/or avoided the damage with invincibility frames.

And that backstab you mentioned sounds like a typical pvp backstab. Again, on their screen, you probably had not dodged yet and they got the backstab. The lag is often the same for both. In PvP, one of the most important things are protecting your back and adjusting to lag. Forget either one and you will most likely die. Unfortunately that's just how it is. It will take some time to get used to.

dark wolf wrote:And about dodging , when i hit they the did not dodge , and i hit they while they block with a greatsword and i hit the with a lightning weapon (i know i hit because i get the same animation when you hit a wall ) and still did not damage they .
    That sounds weird. I don't think your weapon should bounce off of their greatsword.
    dark wolf

Post by dark wolf Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:08 pm

still do not explain why i canot hit a enemy while his back against the wall how did not even block or dodge or move ( yes i know it strange and unbelievable ) , and still i did not damage , and he and his friend massacre my .

the first time it happen I was level 30 in Lower Undead Burg next to the 2 Undead Assassin next to the shortcut to Firelink Shrine , and a guy wearing a Crimson Set ( full set ) with a dagger ( can not say kind of dagger ) with the halo , when i attack it did not damage him and when i block it barely damage my but the bleed build up is the same with shield block or not , and the only time i can damage him was a backstab , at the time i assume it was a spell until i search did not find something similar to what happen to my .
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:46 pm

When he did not Dodge or Block and you hit him while doing no Damage :
    Then it was a Hacker .
    He probably used a Trainer to have (almost) Infinty Health and it wont display any Damage .
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:57 pm

Marino. wrote:When he did not Dodge or Block and you hit him while doing no Damage :
    Then it was a Hacker .
    He probably used a Trainer to have (almost) Infinty Health and it wont display any Damage .

Still though, every fight?

What platform is this again?

I would tell the OP however, just because it can look like a hit doesn't mean it is one. For example, how many times have you "backstabbed" or been bs'ed by someone and come out unscathed on the other side? Happens all the time for me.

dark wolf

Post by dark wolf Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:11 am

ps3 .

i fight against normal players and have a normal fight ( i can damage they ) , 20 normal fight more or less , but i worry the i have to fight a enemy players how i can not damage ( 8 enemy players they i can not damage so far ) .

and about the backstabbed , one time i try to backstabbed a enemy player ( the player backstabbed a forest hunter player ) and his friend backstabbed my and i get no damage and did not damage who i try to backstabbed , but except this one time every backstabbed i suffer take about 1/3 ( one time 1/2 ) and every backstabbed i make do about 1/3 ( one time the enemy player suffer from my a backstabbed worth 550 damage and it tack about 1/2 or 3/4 HP [ only one time it happen] )
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:23 am

I'm sorry but your Posts are very hard to understand :| .

Backstabs cause high Damage so it is not unlikely that they take of 1/2 of your Health .

And i am pretty sure that the Players you can supposedly not Damage just had Lag issues (like others before Pointed out) .

Hope that clears things up finally happy
    OrnsteinBro
    OrnsteinBro
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by OrnsteinBro Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:16 am

Are you from Europe? Possibly Spain, Germany or Russia? Just asking because you don't sound like a native English speaker. I find that connections with Europeans cause my pvp matches to suffer from an especially severe degree of lag, and since lag is mutual in this game it's possible it accounts for your grievances.

Perhaps you are also getting hit when you are out of range of their attacks?
    dark wolf

Post by dark wolf Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:06 am

still do not explain why i canot damage a enemy while his back against the wall with a lightning weapon , but for now i drop the search for answer ( and assume it was a bug problem ) , but the minute it happen again i post .

and i from Israel ( is my english is bad ? ) .

and if is someone who have a similar problem as me please post so we can find a answer . and thanks to all who try to help me .

i cant hit the enemy with weapon  3149687655
    OrnsteinBro
    OrnsteinBro
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by OrnsteinBro Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:01 pm

Did he roll away between 0-3 seconds before/after you hit him? I've seen Israeli players fail to receive damage on my end as well, lag might have been the case.

Also, is your weapon upgraded? How much stats do you have?
    dark wolf

Post by dark wolf Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:37 am

no , he did not roll . my weapon i use is Black Knights Sword +5 and Claymore ( Lightning ) +4 , i usually use the claymore because when i hit the enemy player it damage a little the enemy i know i can hit him , if not i *** and try to survive ( most of the time i do not survive long 😢 ) .

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 11:24 pm