Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+25
WyrmHero
IV_Mark_VI
CaligoIllioneus
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Rynn
Rarayn
Mr. Tart
Carphil
Back Lot Basher
BIG TIME MASTER
Bioraptor
Infighter
callipygias
Uparkaam
Nybbles
steveswede
ICEFANG
WandererReece
SlakeMoth
FruitPunchNinja
aprilmanha
PlasticandRage
AzureCrow
Jester's Tears
Aznul
29 posters

Most underappreciated ring

Aznul
    Aznul
    Addicted
    Addicted

Most underappreciated ring Empty Most underappreciated ring

Post by Aznul Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:49 pm

What do you think is the most underappreciated ring? (Though being underappreciated would imply that it is in fact useful) Personally I think it is the ring of the evil eye, since that is great for skeleton babies.
    Jester's Tears
    Jester's Tears
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Most underappreciated ring Empty Re: Most underappreciated ring

Post by Jester's Tears Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:51 pm

Ring of Sacrefice. It really usefull if you get Invaded after Dying.
    A: You don't lose your Bloodstain.
    B: The invader GET'S NOTHING.
    AzureCrow
    AzureCrow
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by AzureCrow Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:34 pm

WAIT WHAT! the ring of sacrifice prevents invaders from receiving any souls!?!?

I was going to vote blue tearstone because with good defense the extra 50% defense saves your life from combos, avelyn, and namely hollow fury combos.

But now I'm off to collect ROS's Praise the Sun
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:34 pm

Really? I didn't know the invader didn't get anything if you use a ring of sacrifice. That's great for getting griefed or ganked
    aprilmanha
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by aprilmanha Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:52 pm

I think they meant that if you die and are running back to your souls, wear the ring, that way if you are ganked, you get another try for your souls. And in addition, since your ganker killed you while you have no souls, they get nothing as well.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:59 pm

Being killed by an invader doesn't work that way though. They don't get the souls you have, I think it was decided they get the difference in souls you have for level up. For example if you need 100,000 souls to level than that's what they get. Otherwise invaders would get nothing pretty regularly. Say for people who just PvP in the forest or the Kiln all the time and have constant fights without PvEing in between. You die pretty often without having any souls in your inventory.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:17 pm

I also think ring of sacrifices are under appreciated, i always have 1-3 on me. With 99 humanity i never risk dying from a stupid fall death or something on the way back to my bloodstain. Only place i get lazy is the burg. I think we have all, at some point, went to attack the undead coming up the stairs and ended up bouncing off their heads to our death.

I don't know if i would pick that though, i might have to agree with the blue tear stone. Even though i rarely use it, 50% added defense can quite substantial. Especially for a full havels(99humanity) tank or something. I wouldn't ever always have it equipped though, just menu swap.

There really aren't even all that many rings in the game, and most are fairly useful. To be honest TC, i think ring of the evil eye is on par with east wood grain ring as being the most useless in the game.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:19 pm

If you combine it with some other things it can be pretty useful. Say if you wanted to sustain power within for as long as possible, the use of the RotEE in combination with Sanctus and a weapon that restores health when used, like the Server or the Butcher Knife can be useful. It can greatly increase the power of pretty much every action you take.

As for me I think I'm going to say the Hawk Ring. I haven't discovered much of a practical use for it outside of sight seeing and maybe PvP trap laying, but if you combine it with the Pharis Bow and Feather arrows it's crazy how far you can shoot. I was sniping hollows from the bonfire at Firelink Shrine the other day, just for fun.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:22 pm

Well it is literally only "useful" in pve, i could maybe see it being useful sl30 and under. To save flasks by killing easy enemies, but even then its just not very realistic. Cause if you take ANY damage while fighting the enemies, it will usually do more then 30dmg.
    Jester's Tears
    Jester's Tears
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Jester's Tears Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:34 am

Ring of Sacrefice dosen't prevent Invaders from getting your Souls. I just troll them by dying. (Bloodstain is always besides me) Taunting them when they invade or waste their time. And when they kill me, they get nothing and i lose nothing. (The Ring prevents your bloodstain to go away. Poorly written. Sorry.Most underappreciated ring 1330857165)
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:37 am

As for me I think I'm going to say the Hawk Ring. I haven't discovered much of a practical use for it outside of sight seeing and maybe PvP trap laying, but if you combine it with the Pharis Bow and Feather arrows it's crazy how far you can shoot. I was sniping hollows from the bonfire at Firelink Shrine the other day, just for fun.[/quote]

I use the Hawk Ring almost all the time but then my bow is my favourite weapon and I don't PvP. Coupled with the Ring of Fog I can take down most enemies before they even see me. For example I was being kicked all over the place trying to take down Ciaran (Arty's bird) for her armour in ng+, especially as she stopped me healing. I devised a strategy whereby I stood in the archway equipped with the RoF, zoomed in with the Hawk ring and shot her, then dashed up the stairs to the right, waited for her to resume her position by the grave, then rinse & repeat. Worked like a charm and she never laid a finger on me.
    Jester's Tears
    Jester's Tears
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Jester's Tears Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:38 am

FruitPunchNinja wrote:Well it is literally only "useful" in pve, i could maybe see it being useful sl30 and under. To save flasks by killing easy enemies, but even then its just not very realistic. Cause if you take ANY damage while fighting the enemies, it will usually do more then 30dmg.

I've said it before (Two days ago?) that if you use a Greatbow and the Hawk Ring. You can easly Farm Titantie from the titanite Demon in Lost Izalith. Put the Gold Serpent Ring on and you will normaly get 2 Demon Titanites.
    Aznul
    Aznul
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Aznul Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:55 pm

The funny part about this is, I never thought the hawk ring was underappreciated because I thought everyone loved it as much as I did.lol! I love using it for any situation where I have a straight shot to the enemy because I can kill them off without setting foot in their aggro range.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:58 pm

Jester's Tears wrote:I've said it before (Two days ago?) that if you use a Greatbow and the Hawk Ring. You can easly Farm Titantie from the titanite Demon in Lost Izalith. Put the Gold Serpent Ring on and you will normaly get 2 Demon Titanites.

I think he drops them everytime he dies, even with 100 item drop rate.

Also, I think the East Wood is underappreciated. It's great if your using crystal weapons.
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:07 pm

It implies that the ring is good, and there are no good rings that aren't used a lot. I would consider the Hawk Ring to be near the top of this list. I have trouble thinking of it in a purely PvX aspect, I want to think PvP, because anything goes in PvE (I mean ring of evil eye or, well not the tiny being's ring). In PvP the extra range is worthless, due to lag, and just the random movement of players, you'd never hit one at max range, and he could just heal. In PvP, its not that good, but the extra range is crazy, and it does give it a nice increase in damage in the effected area (ie, usually there would be fall off, but since you have more range, there isn't, and you do more damage.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:14 pm

Ive used the hawk ring with Dragon Slayer Bow/Goughs Greatbow to troll. It's good when invading catacombs,kiln,dukes/crystal cave, ext.
    steveswede
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by steveswede Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:30 pm

WandererReece wrote:
    Jester's Tears wrote:I've said it before (Two days ago?) that if you use a Greatbow and the Hawk Ring. You can easly Farm Titantie from the titanite Demon in Lost Izalith. Put the Gold Serpent Ring on and you will normaly get 2 Demon Titanites.

I think he drops them everytime he dies, even with 100 item drop rate.

Yes he drops 2 every time it's the titanite pole that's not a guaranteed drop. It's not a rare drop either so if you farm enough you will get one no problem without the gold serpent ring.
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:03 pm

i always try to equip the ring of the evil eye as a phantom during co-op, you don't even have to kill the mobs to get a health boost because it doesn't matter who kills the mob, as long as they die you get health back. it's supper helpful when your host is being stingy with the estus.
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:06 pm

I would say Dusk Crown Ring. It does give great power, but it comes with a price.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:10 pm

PlasticandRage wrote: I was sniping hollows from the bonfire at Firelink Shrine the other day, just for fun.
    Hahaha, WOW. Lots of times I'll keep the Hawk Ring on for playthroughs on my main guy, but I've never tried that kind of thing. Sounds fun.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:18 pm

^ Yeah with the combination of those three things it's unbelievable the kind of range you can get and still do decent damage. At least one example of it being a viable tactic that I can think of is crossing the beams in Anor Londo. You could totally snipe all 3 of those Painting Guardians before you get anywhere near them. I'm sure there's plenty of other useful things it could be applied to as well.
    Infighter
    Infighter
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Infighter Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:55 pm

Ring of Steel Protection
    Bioraptor
    Bioraptor
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Bioraptor Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:59 pm

Jester's Tears wrote:Ring of Sacrefice. It really usefull if you get Invaded after Dying.
    A: You don't lose your Bloodstain.
    B: The invader GET'S NOTHING.

Thank`s for highlighting B for me friend I did not know this would be the case.
    I come away with a big smile on my face...... Most underappreciated ring 945058907
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:11 pm

Can anyone confirm it? Seems to me they may have thought the souls the victor gets are based on how many souls the loser was holding, which is not the case.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:20 pm

I'm pretty sure it doesn't work this way. I'll help test it out though if somebody else wants to also. Obviously we'd need 2 people.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 2:48 am