Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+14
oregonav8r
Uparkaam
Gazman0169
Nybbles
>Brave<
Icegodzilla
mugenis4real
aprilmanha
Back Lot Basher
CaligoIllioneus
SlakeMoth
PlasticandRage
Conrack
Aznul
18 posters

Bridge Wyvern

SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Bridge Wyvern  - Page 3 Empty Re: Bridge Wyvern

Post by SlakeMoth Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:31 pm

The first time I killed him was with a poison arrow from the tower where the Black Knight hangs out. They nerfed that though.
    Aznul
    Aznul
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Aznul Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:52 pm

I still don't quite understand why they gave him that regeneration ability. It makes it almost impossible to kill him without using melee with a non-specialized build. It just confuses me that they let you kill Gwyndolin with range without aggro but not the bridge wyvern. Also, why in the world do all of his fire attacks reach all the way to the opposite end of the bridge, covering the entire thing? That seems unreasonable to me, as does the amount of damage he deals with them and how often or quickly he can use them. If one fire attack knocks you down, he can keep using them and hit you every time you get up until you die helplessly. It just doesn't seem to match the fairness of the rest of the game.
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:33 am

I've wondered that too and completely agree with you. I've also wondered how exactly he heals himself. I see no sign of an Estus flask. He just dips his head under his wing and if you stand where Plastic suggests you can see clearly there's nothing there. Maybe he's got an invisible can of Red Bull tucked away, because, y'know 'it gives you wings'.
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:33 am

That's because he keeps it in a hipflask beneath it's wing. Why else would it tuck it's head beneath it's wing to heal? twisted
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:49 am

mugenis4real wrote:
    Icegodzilla wrote:yeah u will ride him and together u will fight kalameet in an epic aerial battle.

That actually sounds really epic!

Good idea for a new feature.. Dragons can be killed or Tamed so you can ride them. Imagine a red invader invading, he summons his dragon and rides the flying dragon to find and attack from above. Of course you could only. Ride them outside. And the summon and mount/ dismount would leave you open for an attack.
    Epic battle 2 phantoms and host on dragons and a red invader ona dragon.

Yea, I know. It's a bit cheesy.
    Aznul
    Aznul
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Aznul Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:22 pm

Maybe the idea of his regeneration is that he is focusing or resting. Even so, it just feels unreasonable to take away so many approaches to fighting him by letting him heal if you hit him from anywhere besides the top of that fire trap of a bridge that he can soak with damage at the drop of a hat. It is moderately understandable to make it harder for new players to just spam him with cheap arrows till he dies to get those souls, but even with a +5 dragonslayer bow I could not take him down on NG+ until I used the one and only possible melee strategy I know of, which is hit him till he hops away and then run under the bridge till he goes back to the perch so you can re-aggro. It doesn't feel right to only have one way to do this.
    aprilmanha
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by aprilmanha Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:32 pm

I just hope the next souls game has less bosses like this one and ones were there are a number of different strategies to beat them.

Bosses with one hit instant kill attacks that hit the entire fight zone just suck, and everything about this boss just says "cheap and nasty"
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:35 pm

Well I have actually never died to the bridge Wyrven, mainly because being a Demon's Souls vet taught me at least one thing: never walk out onto an open bridge with charred bodies on it.
    I used to have a cheesy strategy to kill him, but you have to be pretty tanky to take at least one hit from him. See if I can track down that video.
    aprilmanha
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by aprilmanha Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:48 pm

I dunno about that, First play through with Full set of Black Iron armour, Black shield, Flame prot Ring and Flash sweat... and he still oneshot flames me.

If that is not cheap, then ... well it is cheap no question about it.
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:53 pm

I had Elite Knight armour + 3 and it took about 1/3 of my health. I was level 20 ish or something. I always killed him to access the Sunbro's (my rite of passage, heh) . He isn't cheap,there are pretty obvious signs something bad is about to happen, (bodies, plenty of loot on a huge open bridge span). It's probably a tutorial for environmental awareness and caution. Also there are so many ways to avoid him entirely he becomes pointless, I mean 10,000 souls isn't really much to miss.
    Aznul
    Aznul
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Aznul Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:44 pm

The problem is he can one shot or fire spam while you are moving into a safespot. Also, his fire pillar from the location where he lands immediately after coming down from his perch IGNORES the bridge walls and hits you in the corners which would normally be safe. At that point I have to say something is wrong. He can also hit you as you are running down the stairs, and if you are blocking when this happens, you can be forced all the way off of the top of the stairs and hit again with another fire attack. (this has happened to me) I find it ridiculous that he hits almost the ENTIRE arena which you are forced to fight him in by his absurd regeneration ability. That and the fire pillar attack can one shot ANYTHING directly underneath it....
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:32 am

Or you can just run past him and carry on with your daily lives.
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:19 am

Awesome! My hat is off!
    Aznul
    Aznul
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Aznul Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:44 pm

Sometimes I just like to kill the things that stand in my way and spew flames at me for just being anywhere near them. But that might just be me.

By NG++, yes I was just killing that fire spewing bastard for revenge. But mostly because it took me so many tries to be able to kill him before.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:06 pm

I hate pre-determined damage type enemies. I suppose it's okay that he's programmed to take about 30% of your HP when you first run the bridge, but it's bs that under certain circumstances the same attack is programmed to take 100% of your hp.

For example, if you run back over the same bridge from the other direction, the Parish, he'll 1-shot you with the same attack. It's one of the only times the game feels genuinely unfair. This is easily the least fun boss/mini-boss in the game for me, which is unfortunate since he is so cool-looking.

The pictures in the guide book make it look like you could have a drawn out melee-type fight with him on the bridge (as opposed to the hack-away-desperately-before-he-1-shots-me method), but I've never been able to.
    Aznul
    Aznul
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Aznul Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:05 pm

Acually there is a safe spot next to his foot when he is next to the parish where the only thing he can hit you with is his melee stomp attacks. You fight him there till he moves, then you run like hell, get back down the stairs and wait for him to go back to his perch. Re-aggro and repeat till he dies.
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:05 pm

The biggest problem I find is that it can heal itself when it's health is down to a quarter. This is the one thing that really annoys me about this boss. None of the other bosses do this. You have to keep the critter down on the ground at all costs because once it gets back on the wall and it's health is low, it'll heal. I actually tried Plastic's suggestion of shooting it from the ledge past the rats with the Dragonslayer bow but I couldn't keep it down on the bridge from there and it just flew back up and healed.
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:07 am

Tank it! You may die a few times, but sooner or later you're bound to beat the wee red beastie! twisted

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:48 pm