Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+25
raecor14
Gambs_the_Grey
KomradDakka
BeeSeaEss
deadagain
EeAyEss
sekkate
Icegodzilla
Kirk-Barb
Halicarnassis
Abiathar82
Aznul
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
lordgodofhell
TehInfamousAmos
defacto
WandererReece
Nybbles
Automancer
aceluby
RedderAI
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
AzureCrow
steveswede
cankeredlamentations
29 posters

what new spells would you like to see?

Aznul
    Aznul
    Addicted
    Addicted

what new spells would you like to see? - Page 2 Empty Re: what new spells would you like to see?

Post by Aznul Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:13 pm

I think it could be interesting to add a new school of magic which is self-regenerative. What I mean by this is that it could be based on a resource or resource system that can be refilled/regenerated between bonfires and without resting.

One idea for this would be nature magic:

It would not have any healing magic, since that would be impossible to balance in PvE, as you would be able to unfairly heal infinitely.But, it could have weapon buffs, self buffs, projectiles, and AOE's.

An interesting aspect of nature magic could be that the spell effects would not necessarily have o originate at the location of the caster. So perhaps it could originate from a targeted location, allowing for new tactics.

It could be aimed, similar to a bow. First you would aim to determine the source, then the target. So, for example you could have vines grow out of the ground from any place on the ground within range, and they would travel a set distance dealing damage to whatever enemies they encounter along the way.
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

what new spells would you like to see? - Page 2 Empty Re: what new spells would you like to see?

Post by EeAyEss Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:25 pm

I have a idea for a spell:

Ultimatum-

[i]A spell devised by the jester of Lord Gwyn.

Turns your weapon into a rubber chicken for a small period of time. Should you cancel out this spell, you shall die.

The Jester, ever witty, was the one who presented this spell as a jest of the message from the Abyss- that Gwyn should fight or die. Such a message was ominous, and as such not presentable to the court. The spell was created to lighten the mood, yet still get the message through.[/i]

The spell turns your weapon into a rubber chicken, and the move set and shape are dependent on the weapon that has been buffed. Lasts around 60 seconds. The chicken doesn't do any damage, but can still poise break and knock a foe back if you hit him enough.

You die if you cancel the spell before it wears off, such as switching to another weapon in the right hand.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:05 pm

Icegodzilla wrote:a spell that buts a wall in between u and ur enemy. Not a huge wall but a decent sized one.

Actually that could be useless.

If they make the walls like the ones in Dark Souls, then enemies will hit you through the wall.

If they make the walls like the ones in Demon's Souls, then it would make a nice barrier like you suggested.

Since From toke a step backward and went from solid walls to "semi - solid" walls I would bet the spell would be useless in the next game. However, if we complain enough they may switch back to solid walls, which would make your proposed spell usefull. lol!
    deadagain
    deadagain
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by deadagain Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:13 pm

The Emperor's new clothes. Like hidden body, but you are clearly visible and you appear naked. Only your armor is hidden for a time. Could be useful for sneaky invaders.
    cankeredlamentations
    cankeredlamentations

Post by cankeredlamentations Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:19 pm

cyclone:

you unleash a mini tornado that topples enemies twisted twisted twisted twisted
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:37 pm

TK Launch: Telekinecticly pick someone up and throw them off the map. It is a covenent reward and has only one cast. It also has a slow casting time.
    BeeSeaEss
    BeeSeaEss
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by BeeSeaEss Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:40 pm

EeAyEss wrote:I have a idea for a spell:

Ultimatum-

A spell devised by the jester of Lord Gwyn.

Turns your weapon into a rubber chicken for a small period of time. Should you cancel out this spell, you shall die.

The Jester, ever witty, was the one who presented this spell as a jest of the message from the Abyss- that Gwyn should fight or die. Such a message was ominous, and as such not presentable to the court. The spell was created to lighten the mood, yet still get the message through.

The spell turns your weapon into a rubber chicken, and the move set and shape are dependent on the weapon that has been buffed. Lasts around 60 seconds. The chicken doesn't do any damage, but can still poise break and knock a foe back if you hit him enough.

You die if you cancel the spell before it wears off, such as switching to another weapon in the right hand.

most useless spell ever. but funny lol!
    steveswede
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by steveswede Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:35 pm

WandererReece wrote:TK Launch: Telekinecticly pick someone up and throw them off the map. It is a covenent reward and has only one cast. It also has a slow casting time.

This would be too over powered because any spell that immobilizes opponents give a reward without risk opportunity to the person using it. TWOP proves this with people having little to no chance of surviving a strong spell combined with it.
    KomradDakka
    KomradDakka
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by KomradDakka Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:35 pm

Ive been playing Oblivion latley and got to thinking, how bout a spell that has a high intelligence requirement but gives you the ability to increase your weight carry for a short time, probably work best as a miracle.
    sekkate
    sekkate

Post by sekkate Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:00 am

A spell that makes the floor around slippery

As if running on ice
    Aznul
    Aznul
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Aznul Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:38 am

Minefield of banana peels?

Or just a minefield
    Gambs_the_Grey
    Gambs_the_Grey
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Gambs_the_Grey Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:15 am

Revive - Miracle cast over the corpse of a fallen undead to restore them back to full health/Curse status. Brings enemy mobs back to life. Used best as an invading red phantom or with undead rapport
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:24 am

steveswede wrote:Hydromancy.

I would like to see spells that:

Allow you to create and throw ice spikes
    Do a fast, small range floor ice spikes like what the crystal golems do
    A faster version of white dragon breath in the hydromancy class that can run up walls.
    Create ice boulders above locked on enemy and drop on head.
    Ice explosion like WoG but ice spikes fly out
    Crystal magic weapon to become part of hydromancy
    Freeze spell to freeze enemies temporary to get away but when frozen enemies are immune to damage
    Flash sweat to be part of hydromancy

I'm trying to think of more but I would like to see who else could add to it.
    i may be mistaken but isen't that cryomancy?
    steveswede
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by steveswede Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:09 pm

raecor14 wrote:
    steveswede wrote:Hydromancy.

I would like to see spells that:

Allow you to create and throw ice spikes
    Do a fast, small range floor ice spikes like what the crystal golems do
    A faster version of white dragon breath in the hydromancy class that can run up walls.
    Create ice boulders above locked on enemy and drop on head.
    Ice explosion like WoG but ice spikes fly out
    Crystal magic weapon to become part of hydromancy
    Freeze spell to freeze enemies temporary to get away but when frozen enemies are immune to damage
    Flash sweat to be part of hydromancy

I'm trying to think of more but I would like to see who else could add to it.
    i may be mistaken but isen't that cryomancy?

Only if you limit the spells to this selection. Cryomancy restricts to just ice while hydromancy is water but is flexible with it's state so you can use at different temperatures.
    MosquitoPower
    MosquitoPower
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MosquitoPower Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:00 pm

Gambs_the_Grey wrote:Revive - Miracle cast over the corpse of a fallen undead to restore them back to full health/Curse status. Brings enemy mobs back to life...

Im all for this type of spell. A lot of the enemy models stay around after they are killed. We need some kind of way to bring them back to fight for our bidding.
    Skyrim has some spells like this where you can raise up dead enemies for a short time to fight for you.

The other type would be "Green Magic" from Final Fantasy Tactics. Whatever type of ground you area standing on (dirt, stone, grass, water, ice) casts a different type of spell.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:14 pm

I'd like to see the addition of Dual-Specialties. Spells that would require you to have both a sorcery and pyromancy glove, for example. Crystal Breath would be a nice example IMO, Breathe out a large cone nof fire that does 50% fire and 50% magic damage.

I'd also like to see the addition of spells that have incredibly low damage and stability losses, but are difficult if not impossible to dodge, to promote the usage of a shield, to avoid taking chip damage of 20-30 per casting from an unavoidable attack.
    The_Hallion
    The_Hallion
    Casual
    Casual

Post by The_Hallion Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:16 pm

Maybe something that summoned several weak creatures to fight on your behalf, good to use as a distraction.
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:29 pm

No one likes my gag spell... 😢
    Aznul
    Aznul
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Aznul Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:41 pm

I think it would be interesting to have a spell that forces all enemies within a certain distance of you into the area you are directly facing. (it would slide/throw them to end up right in front of you) Could help fight some annoying backstab fishers and throw others off their gaurd.
    PwnasauresRex
    PwnasauresRex
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by PwnasauresRex Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:45 pm

I would like a spell that allowed me to grow facial hair.
    Aznul
    Aznul
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Aznul Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:38 am

How about a spell that forces facial hair upon your enemies for the rest of the fight? lol!
    Especially if it works on all enemies

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:50 am