Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Damage from spells

Zeta Prime
    Zeta Prime
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Damage from spells Empty Damage from spells

Post by Zeta Prime Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:01 pm

I was wondering if every spell in dark souls has a SET damage that is then modified by the ammount of Magic adjust your equipped cataylst or talisman has. For example if soul spear had a base damage of 400 that was then modified by a magic adjustment of 200 it's totall damage would reach 600. has anyone tried to test this before? I think it would be very interesting and helpful to people who are building mages to see their max damage
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Damage from spells Empty Re: Damage from spells

Post by User1 Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:11 pm

This theory is flawed, in a sense. Many different enemies have different magic resistances, but there still must be a base damage. However, since their defense will always block some of the adjustment modifier, this theory technically works, and it dosen't. So the result is: There is a base damage, modified by the adjust, but varied resistances make no actual set amount of damage for every enemy.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:59 pm

The weapon buffs have a set value that is multiplied by the catalyst or talismans magic adjustment which is increased by intelligence or faith. I assume the other spells are the same way.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:58 am