Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+16
Espada Muerta
Aznul
reim0027
martyrsbrigade99
Back Lot Basher
zivbu9
sirnizz
Sentiel
The Letter X
Spurgun
Rynn
befowler
Shakie666
Glutebrah
RANT
aceluby
20 posters

Crest shield now the best shield?

Aznul
    Aznul
    Addicted
    Addicted

Crest shield now the best shield? - Page 2 Empty Re: Crest shield now the best shield?

Post by Aznul Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:30 pm

Personally I use the black knight shield for general use and the greatshield of artorias if I am fighting someone using bleed. For magic you can usually dodge.
    Espada Muerta
    Espada Muerta
    Regular
    Regular

Crest shield now the best shield? - Page 2 Empty Re: Crest shield now the best shield?

Post by Espada Muerta Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:38 pm

I have come to love the Crest shield! Before I did not think that any shield could replace my beloved Grass Crest but with all these Dark Magic abusing sweat pant wearing coward mages it has become my #1 shield with a 100% Physical block as a bonus so hell yeah in the current meta is the best. I do not fear any coward mage using magic, now about that 2 hand gold tracer virus going around... lol!
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:35 am

Back Lot Basher wrote:
    Rynn wrote:I'm genuinely surprised people don't do it more often.

A lot of PvP players have aggressively pushed the idea that +15 physical damage weapons are ALWAYS best because of the min/max logic behind split damage.
    It's only best if you're buffing, but I don't use Grass or Buffs, and I see the opening those give me as time to slug some damage into my opponent.
    Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Automancer Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:39 am

Thank god i rock the Enchanted Falchion! It's always better to dodge those Dark Magic than to guard them. I only do so when trapped in a corner. In my tank, Havel's destroys sorcerers.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:59 am

Automancer wrote:In my tank, Havel's destroys sorcerers.
    I eat Havels shielders alive. My Dark orb does 70 chip damage now, and my Dark Bead does 200 chip. Helps that I also use a shotel, but god do I love shield users.
    Espada Muerta
    Espada Muerta
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Espada Muerta Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:31 pm

Rynn wrote:
    Automancer wrote:In my tank, Havel's destroys sorcerers.
    I eat Havels shielders alive. My Dark orb does 70 chip damage now, and my Dark Bead does 200 chip. Helps that I also use a shotel, but god do I love shield users.

My faith builds will love your play style. Point Down Well What is it Point Down
    SillentShadow
    SillentShadow
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SillentShadow Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:27 am

So even the spammers admit it.. It as became this easy.. Chip damage and continously spamming will do the trick to nearly every PVP encounter......

This has became a cancer far worst than BS fishers...

Dark Souls is being killed.
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:37 am

You can dodge every single dark magic cast just like any other magic. I have done it numerous times in burg when dueling. It just takes some practice.

Dark souls is not being killed.
    SillentShadow
    SillentShadow
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SillentShadow Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:10 am

SillentShadow wrote:So even the spammers admit it.. It as became this easy.. Chip damage and continously spamming will do the trick to nearly every PVP encounter......

This has became a cancer far worst than BS fishers...

Dark Souls is being killed.

I never said it couldnt be dodged.... I just cant most of the times due to Lag wich is my bad connection problem.

Then again try to mellee a mid poise or high poise dark spammer. Good luck with that roll at melle range winking Not even my small ultralight katatna can hit and dodge at the cast speed of DB...
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:15 am

If I can do it with a Great Scythe I'm pretty sure it's possible.
    SillentShadow
    SillentShadow
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SillentShadow Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:22 am

The Letter X wrote:If I can do it with a Great Scythe I'm pretty sure it's possible.

Hummmmm. You can hit and then roll with a great scythe faster than the speed cast of DB?
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:28 am

SillentShadow wrote:
    The Letter X wrote:If I can do it with a Great Scythe I'm pretty sure it's possible.

Hummmmm. You can hit and then roll with a great scythe faster than the speed cast of DB?

Yes, this is with the heavy attack. As long as I keep the right distance and timing I can dodge, hit them, and roll
    away unharmed. Normally it leads to a stunlock, but this is with the occasional high poise mages.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:43 pm

I use shields that are very small (effigy or wooden), or none at all... You should know that a roll is better than a shield in many cases. Why? Immortality.

Besides, a shield is not always going to take less stamina than a simple roll... And you don't need fast roll either. Medium works just as well... No flips either.

I use mostly plain physical or occult... Except for a few, those two types of ascension are my choices. Be warned... Both usually have to different elements. Physical and Magic... Or Physical and Sunlight.

Either way... My weapons are usually big. Raw Physical Attacks usually, with little to none slash, stabs, and thrust. Be warned, that a shield is meaningless too when you start to stagger... My blades that I carry usually take care of that.

My hammer takes care of it, in a different way. Never been partied with my hammer... Shields never lasted long with my hammer either.

Again... I kill with style. Efficency is little to none down my list. Trust me. Give me a curved greatsword, my man serpent blade, or my wooden great hammer... Alrhough I work better with hammer and blade, than curved sword... All have their uses, though 🤡

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 2:19 am