Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+18
Djem
User1
raecor14
bloodpixel
PlasticandRage
Rynn
AzureCrow
lalliman
Abiathar82
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
GrinTwist
Anonymous Proxy
Steel Dragon74
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
WandererReece
DoughGuy
The Letter X
MiketheMushroomMan
22 posters

What would happen if all the bosses fought in a melee?

MiketheMushroomMan
    Casual
    Casual

What would happen if all the bosses fought in a melee? Empty What would happen if all the bosses fought in a melee?

Post by MiketheMushroomMan Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:33 pm

Imagine a scenario where all bosses are dropped into an arena and made to fight each other. Who would come out on top?
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

What would happen if all the bosses fought in a melee? Empty Re: What would happen if all the bosses fought in a melee?

Post by The Letter X Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:44 pm

Bed of Chaos would just cheese the rest of them.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

What would happen if all the bosses fought in a melee? Empty Re: What would happen if all the bosses fought in a melee?

Post by DoughGuy Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:20 pm

Actualy Orn could super speed through its defences andkkll the maggot pretty easily.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:25 pm

Good point, but who's to say Orn would know to do that his first time meeting BoC?
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:50 pm

BoC isn't a real boss, so it doesn't count.

Ornsteing and Smough clearly have an advantage over the other bosses because they would be allied together. Also, if one dies, then the other heals and becomes supercharged.

The Belltower Gargoyels are also allied, but one starts wounded, and they lack the co-op powers that O + S have.

The 4 kings also have an advantage. There are 4 of them and they respawn untill their shared health is gone. However, they may appear one at a time.

The Moonlight Butterfly also has an advantage because it is airborn. This limits the amount of bosses that can hit it.

I think the boss that would win is O + S or Butterfly.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:54 pm

Sadly for the Butterfly, Kalameet can catch up to it and spit a mass of dark magic right in its face.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:55 pm

Nito also has an advantage because of his huge area effect attack and his Undead Leagion.

Unfortunately, he has a tendency to temporarily kill them.
    Steel Dragon74
    Steel Dragon74
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Steel Dragon74 Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:00 pm

Asuming that the DeS bosses were included heres how I think it would go down:

Artorias would sluaghter the Four Kings and then get into the most awesome swordfight ever with the Penitrator who had just just finished off the Old Monk and rammed his sword through Ceasless Discharges face, the Dirty Colossus and Smough would die because their own fight was to near to that much pure awesomeness

Garl Vinland would have Astria holed up on the ramparts by the Dragon God and would single handedly take out the Flamelurker and Nito before Seath turned them to stone

Ornstien killed the Dragon God (because giant crossbows were set off by Garl on his way through) and then went super when Smough died and proceeds to kill the Gaping Dragon and Armor Spider

Prisilla tag teamed with Qualaag and between them killed off the Stray Demon, Firesage, Leachmonger and Fools Idol, They then got in a catfight over who killed more

The Gargoyles and Maneaters tore up the Moonlight Butterfly and then started a team deathmatch on the Storm Kings back, Kallameet fried all five of them just after the Storm King killed all particapants in the Adjucator vs Sanctuary Guardian vs Phalanx vs Capra fight

The fools Idol, Pinwheel and Gwyndolin all just teleport around and annoyed people, all were killed as a result of other fights. The only noteable thing that any of them did was that Gwyndolin teleported into the BoCs chest and killed it

Manus went on a rampage, tearing down the Asylum Demon, Vanguard and Pinwheel before throwing himself into the middle of the fight between the Iron Golem and the
    Tower Knight

Sif slashed the limbs off of the Centipede Demon and used his sword to drive
    the demon into the ground. Sif then spotted Seath lifting off, swiftly climbing the now dead body of the BoC Sif took a flying leap and slashed his sword clean through Seaths neck

Gwyn and the False King Allant began a respectful kings duel but were imediatly
    interupted by the Taurus Demon, Old Hero and Pinwheel, they decided to momentaraly put aside thier differences while they destroyed them befor resuming thier own fight

The fate of the true King Allant is unknown, it is thought that he was stepped on or killed in some other unimportant fasion

Ok thats all for the moment folks
    I will post the conclusion later

Last edited by Steel Dragon74 on Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:31 pm; edited 5 times in total
    Anonymous Proxy
    Anonymous Proxy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Anonymous Proxy Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:15 pm

Steel Dragon74 wrote:Epic fight scene

I tip my hat to you, good sir. That was a fine read.
    Steel Dragon74
    Steel Dragon74
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Steel Dragon74 Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:32 pm

Anonymous Proxy wrote:

I tip my hat to you, good sir. That was a fine read.

Im glad you like it
    Come back later because i'll add more to it, I just needed a break for a while

I haven't even mentioned some of the bosses yet

If you have any suggestions about whos left feel free to tell me because I still need something for the centapede demon and some others
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:36 pm

Well it did say "melee only" so I don't think the moonlight butterfly could do anything at all since it really only uses magic in the fight.

The Bell Gargoyles would have some advantage because they can use their tail while flying, but their ability to spit fire would be eliminated but the length of their ax would help them with distance a bit more.

The Asylum demon has some a medium damage rate, but the fact that they have low HP means that they will be killed off quickly.

Pinwheel would die.

Capra demon is a bit faster than the asylum demon but they both have the same weaknesses with Capra's strength being a bit higher.

Ceaseless Discharge might be have a chance of winning because his attack does deal a lot of damage, of course anywhere you could hit would take damage and his health is standard if anything. The question is if his attack could hit anyone to begin with (as we have fought him at his own eye level).

Centipede Demon might last some time and his attacks do hit a little bit above average but again he takes damage the same way as the other Demons so he probably would die.

Chaos Witch Quelaag would be another one that would probably die, but she does have a lot of health and her attacks can do a lot of damage if they do chain damage. I would think though, that her ability to spit lava being removed would definitely hurt her chances of coming out alive.

Crossbreed Priscilla might have a better chance because she can still turn herself invisible, but a random attack from another boss might could still do damage. I think her best chance of winning is to stay invisible and if none of the bosses pay attention she could pick off health and stay to the sides.

Dark Sun Gwyndolin would probably die quickly because he really doesn't have any melee attacks that I can think of.

Demon Firesage and the Stray Demon both have the same problems as all of the other demons not to mention they no longer have magic. So they would really rely on only their melee attacks to kill other bosses. I'd guess they would die close into the middle of the fight.

Gaping Dragon has quite a bit of health and to be honest I've never been hit by him once. I don't think he would survive to the end but I'd say he does have a slim chance by simply charging most of the other bosses.

Great Grey Wolf Sif I'd say has a better chance of survival mainly because of how agile he can be. Compared to most of the bosses he dodges and can run fast and his attacks do do quite some damage. I'd think as long as he does hit-and-run tactics he could outlast the rest of the bosses.

Gwyn Lord of Cinder might have a chance but I doubt it. He would mostly just run after the bosses and constantly swing his sword. I'd think after a while a boss with more hp could hit him a couple of times and he would die.

Iron Golem can withstand hits and is mostly weak to ranged I believe so it would take some time to kill. Most of his attacks are also melee so he isn't disabled but from what I've seen his hits are weak and I think after a while he would die.

Nito could have a chance of winning because I don't think he would be able to use his AoE attack but if he can take can't take his skeleton buddies with him I'd think he would get picked off pretty fast.

O&S do have a great chance of survival granted ornstein's lightning attacks couldn't be used but he still has his speed. Smough has a good chance of dying as he isn't that slow but he is very easy to kill. Which would probably just create super Ornstein which would only make it only more likely for him to survive.

Seath the Scaleless I'd think he would die mainly because he uses mostly magic with his tail attack and claw attack(?) to use. He has a lot of health yes but it is ultimately useless if he can't curse the other bosses and the tails can only have such a range to the attacks.

Taurus Demon mostly has the same disadvantages as the rest of the demons but it seems to me that his attacks do do some more damage, but I think that he wouldn't survive in the end.

Bed of Chaos would probably die fast. Mainly because it relies heavily on the environment that it is in right now. It does seem to be a plant really since it is rooted into it's place so simply uprooting it from it's place would be enough to kill it. Unless if this stadium were to simply be a larger version of BoC's fighting area but then it could just destroy the floor and everyone would die.

You know what I'm going with Wanderer on the BoC just shouldn't be there to begin with.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:51 pm

GrinTwist wrote:Iron Golem can withstand hits and is mostly weak to ranged I believe so it would take some time to kill. Most of his attacks are also melee so he isn't disabled but from what I've seen his hits are weak and I think after a while he would die.

If this stadium were to simply be a larger version of BoC's fighting area then it could just destroy the floor and everyone would die.

BoC = no competition.

Also, I forgot about the Iron Golem. It may not survive, but it would throw a few bosses out of the arena. lol!
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:20 am

if the dlc bosses are included then manus wins due to his wide area magic and super high health
    Abiathar82
    Abiathar82
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Abiathar82 Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:26 am

Are DLC bosses not included in this? If not then disregard this. I would have to say Manus , he is just relentless. That 5 Hit combo will break you even with 130+ Poise and a 76 stability shield which no boss in this game has anywhere close to that. His magic is harsh and if you do not dodge his Pursuer barrage it is almost always a one shot move. Not to mention I have never been able to stagger Manus , not sure it is possible.

O&S are a close second only because there are 2 of them. If Manus were smart though he would take out Smough very quickly because he is so slow. Then the rest would go very quickly , just magic spam Super O and it would be over. Plus he could stagger O like crazy.

Edit: Sparkly ninjad me lol
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:44 am

Why a neg rep?
    Abiathar82
    Abiathar82
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Abiathar82 Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:58 am

Was kinda wondering the same. Who let kids on the forum again!What would happen if all the bosses fought in a melee? 2707236321

Shouldnt they be playing with legos or doing lines of coke or whatever kids do these days.What would happen if all the bosses fought in a melee? 3596227959
    lalliman
    lalliman
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lalliman Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:35 am

The Hellkite Wyvern would just jump onto a building and burn everyone from a distance over and over again. He's quite the b*tch for something you encounter so early on silly
    Anonymous Proxy
    Anonymous Proxy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Anonymous Proxy Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:53 am

Why do none of you understand what Melee means?

Melee = Fists, Weapons, Tail Sweeps.

Dragons would only be able to bite, swipe, tail strike, maw.

Manus would only be able to do his staff attack and combo.

Bed of Chaos would lose, because it's a friggin witch that has two giant hands. That are bark. Which can break.

<_< Jesus, people.
    AzureCrow
    AzureCrow
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by AzureCrow Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:18 am

Assuming we're giving the bosses a player level intelligence and they dodge when they should I want to give this to Kalameet, even without ranged attacks his melee combo's should stagger anything fast enough to catch him.

Also (In all seriousness) his slow walk speed paired with his faster dodge and attack speed would mean he'd spend less time in the fray and take less damage in each encounter. Most other bosses are either generally slow and would constantly take damage aka golum/gaping or constantly in your face and would be trading blows non-stop, more a gywn/O&S

Kalameet's more of a go for the kill after calmly wearing out it's prey.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:21 am

Anonymous Proxy wrote:Why do none of you understand what Melee means?

Melee = Fists, Weapons, Tail Sweeps.

Dragons would only be able to bite, swipe, tail strike, maw.

Manus would only be able to do his staff attack and combo.

Bed of Chaos would lose, because it's a friggin witch that has two giant hands. That are bark. Which can break.

<_< Jesus, people.
    Actually, that's one of the meanings of Melee.

melee or mêlée (ˈmɛleɪ)

— n
    a noisy riotous fight or brawl

[C17: from French mêlée. See medley ]
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:59 am

WhatDoesThePendentDo? wrote:Why a neg rep?

Obviously someone didn't like the epic fight scene.
    MiketheMushroomMan
    Casual
    Casual

Post by MiketheMushroomMan Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:30 pm

For me - the strong favourites would be Kalameet and the Hellkite Wyyrn. They would certainly make short work of Moonlight Butterfly - who i think would be the first to bow out along with Pinwheel.

The Capra, Bell Gargolyes, Taurus Demon, would all stuggle against the dragons and would probably damage each other in the process.

Qualagg would cause a lot of damage to less agile bosses and perhaps would have the best defense against Hellkite. But because of her movement i reckon she would be caught in the thick of it from the beginning and would be ground down in the melee before too long.

Sif is a dark horse - his agility and wide sweeping sword attack would give him a chance i think. The 4 Kings if they stick together could be formidable.

Ormstein and Smough would be a joy to watch and could be contenders. They would be the ones to watch for spectacle.

Nito could spook a few, but would also be an easy target because of slow movement and large surface area to attack.

However in the final reckoning it is hard to see how the dragons would be taken out. At the end of an epic fight, i reckon The Hellkite would just have the edge over Kalameet.
    Steel Dragon74
    Steel Dragon74
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Steel Dragon74 Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:07 pm

Ok everyone I updated my post so that now it includes the rest of the bosses

I will post a conclusion later
    I would like to hear who you think should win out of whos left

The current surviors are:
    Artorias
    Penetrator
    Ornstien
    Qualaag
    Kalameet
    Manus
    Iron Golem
    Tower Knight
    Sif
    Gwyn
    False King Allant

Hope you enjoyed it so far

Also Proxy all in melee doesn't work because not all of the bosses can melee

P.S Just out of curiosity who did give me negative rep on that
    Steel Dragon74
    Steel Dragon74
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Steel Dragon74 Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:36 pm

Alright everyone
    As promised here is my epic conclusion

Several things happened all at once

Artorias and the Penetrator were still locked in combat, shockwaves blasting out from them as their swords met, both so masterful with their weapon that neither one had yet landed a blow on the others body. Both knew that they had finally met their equal and that this would be a very long fight.

Kalameet swooped in and raked his claws across the Tower Knights armor, leaving deep gashes in the thick steel. The knight watched as the black dragon circled round for another pass and just as Kalameet dived he shot a brilliant beam of blue light from the tip of his lace, shearing the dragons wing clean off. The tower Knight lumbered towards the spot were Kalameet crashed intending to finish the beast, but Kalameet was not finished yet when the knight was almost apon him he reared his head up out of the dust cloud and breathed forth a torrent of pitch black fire, when Kalameet finally stopped he stared into the thick smoke rising from where the knight had been searching for any sign that his foe had survived. And a sign came in the form of the knights huge shield swinging out of the smoke with enough force that the dragons head was imprinted in the still red hot metal. Kalameets last sight was the knights huge lance driving towards him.

Gwyn and Allant fought in a battle almost as titanic as the one being fought by their two knights. Swords met and magic and lightning flew between them, neither willing to give the other an inch. Finally as their swords ground together Allant thrush out his free hand and grabbed Gwyn, Allants hand glowed blue as he sucked Gwyns soul from his body. Throwing Gwyn aside Allant felt a stirring inside him, he started to chuckle as he began to grow and his sword was wreathed in blue flames. Allant heard the sound of armored footfalls aproching behind him, he turned to see the gleaming form of Ornstein approaching him. Ornstein was strong but even he could not compete with the combined power of the kings, in a last effort Ornstein charged putting all his power into his lightning covered spear, Allant slashed, Ornstien fell to the ground with a blue gash running across his chest. Allant carefully pulled out the still sparking spear that had just missed his heart wincing in pain but relieved to find that the wound was starting to heal and the pain beginning to fade. But then he felt a new pain, a burning new pain, he looked down and saw a golden lightglowing from his chest, the light of Gwyns blazing soul. Allant screamed as he exploded with the brilliance of the sun.

Manus dodged another axe swing and launched a ball of dark magic at the Iron Golem, the Golem barely noticed as the shot bounced off its chest and swung again. Manus realised that his current tactic was not working and that he needed to try something different so when the next swing came Manus grabbed the axe and swung up to the golems shoulder, Manus knew that he could not penetrate it with his attacks so he opened a small portal and thrust his hand through, when he pulled his hand back out he was holding the dragon bone core of the golem. The golem fell to the ground and did not move again

Quelaag swung her sword at the spot where the Prissila had been but hit nothing but air, she looked around franticly for her foe but instead saw only Sifs giant sword rushing to meet her. As Sif pulled his sword from Quelaags body he did no see Prissila appear behind him nor did he see her scythe tearing into him.

But Artorias did see, and seeing that sparked something inside him. He threw back the Penetrator and rushed towards Sif. Prissila was just pulling her scythe out of Sifs body when when the tip of Artoriases sword protruded from her stomach, she flickered in and out of visibility in shock before going still. Artorias withdrew his sword and walked over to the lifeless Sif, he ran a hand through Sifs fur before going and grasping the hilt of Sifs sword, power rushed through Artorias, the Abyss corrosion on his armor repaired itself, his cape shone brilliant blue and Artorias grew to the size of the Tower Knight, the only thing that did not change was his own sword which now looked like a dagger in his hand. Hefting Sifs sword he turned on the Tower knight intent on seeing that no one left this place alive.

Manus watched as the Knights faced off and was preparing to charge in when he heard a sound and turned to see the Penetrator striding toward him. The fight was brief, Manus roared the Penetrator close the distance with remarkable speed, Manus swung and the Penetrator dodged, taking full advantage of the opening the Penetrator drove the full length of his sword through Manuses head.

Artoriases fight with the Tower Knight was also brief , Artorias could not break the Knights guard so he waited for an opening, when the knight stabbed from behind his shield his head was partially exposed, Artorias didn’t miss a beat he threw his sword (the one he was using for a dagger) clean through the knights eye slit.

Artorias watched the knight fall and was about to turn away when he saw the penetrator walk up and place a hand on the his fellow knight, the Penetrator grew to Artoriases size. As they readied their weapons they were both thinking that, yes they truly had found there equal and that this would be a very, very long fight.

Ok folks
    That’s it
    I hope you enjoyed it
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:10 am

Ceaseless Discharge would have a big bulbous full belly. Then probably pick the Smough out of it's teeth with the DSS, and take a nap.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 9:13 pm