Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+17
vixder/pennywise
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
FruitPunchNinja
RePaused
Baal-Avatar
ComaPrison
Maneater_Mildred
Onion Knight
The Once-Ler
Sentiel
Ghadis_God
densetsushun
BLA1NE
ublug
WyrmHero
Emergence
RANT
21 posters

Official Ni No Kuni Thread

vixder/pennywise
    vixder/pennywise
    Addicted
    Addicted

ni no kuni - Official Ni No Kuni Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Official Ni No Kuni Thread

Post by vixder/pennywise Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:31 am

I´m now around 14h in, just got the letter of passage. This game is awesome. The music is so awesome, sometimes I just let the game run in the backround and clean my room or something.

The battle system is something to get used to, especialy since I haven´t played a lot of modern JRPGs. But I love how you can jump from one side of the battlefield to the other in an instant. I would only wish for a proper pause-button, which lets you micro manage every move of your fighters, like Baldurs Gate.

I was a bit concerned about the difficulty, since this looks like a childrens game. But after Ol´ Smokey and the Couldron Genie I´m not worried anymore. I also red, that it will become a lot harder later. I only hope, that Drippy will leave the group at some point. He´s great and all, but after ten hours of him being constantly around, I´m kind of sick of him. He should get kidnapped or something.

And I´m realy hyped for the story. The setup promises a twist, and I can´t wait to see it.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

ni no kuni - Official Ni No Kuni Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Official Ni No Kuni Thread

Post by RANT Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:54 am

The last one is in a shop lol it took me a couple of mins to find it.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:39 pm

THANK YOU! gah that stupid pigeon, now i can go get the last meirt perk, do more perks become avaliable after you get all the initial ones?
    Baal-Avatar
    Baal-Avatar
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Baal-Avatar Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:23 am

RantFromRant wrote:The last one is in a shop lol it took me a couple of mins to find it.

I thought I looked in the shop. :x Time to take the ship back and get my stamps...hopefully.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:45 am

@twinkly once you're done with all of them you get new ones but you have to get to a new are to unlock them.

@Baal yeah, that errand is kinda annnoying, i love the bounties and the monster are tough if you dont overlevel.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:18 pm

Burn.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/6830-Ni-No-Kuni-Wrath-Of-The-White-Witch
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:59 pm

Serious_Much wrote:Burn.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/6830-Ni-No-Kuni-Wrath-Of-The-White-Witch

The game is really good and there is no pefect game so of course it has things that can be always get better on a future sequel. Tbh, I hate critics, they're just a bunch of no talent losers that will never contribute to a game or anything this good, the only thing they do is trash other people's work and do nothing themselves.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:07 am

Haha, chill out, he's employed to be that much of a **** and he's only doing it for laughs anyway
    Baal-Avatar
    Baal-Avatar
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Baal-Avatar Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:02 pm

I tried capturing a Toko all last night...but no luck. Now my characters are all getting high level because I killed so many of them. I was even able to upgrade a few of my familiars to final form because of all the Toko kills. I am going to try again tonight. I will get one of them.

ni no kuni - Official Ni No Kuni Thread - Page 4 Toko-600x304
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:15 pm

I know everyone loves to farm the hell out of those things but do they actually make good squad members?
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:44 pm

I got two, I named them totoro and one of them is a planet sign which could be the rarest familiar in the game I think. They're good tanks since their evasion when fully morphed is on the 700s which makes them impossible to hit, keep in mind the rest of the familiars have no more than 300-400 evasion, the rest of his stats are ok.
    Baal-Avatar
    Baal-Avatar
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Baal-Avatar Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:25 pm

@WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    I was less interested in the EXP points and more in just trying to catch one. Gotta catch them all!

@Rant
    I did some research and that is what I found too. The evasion is super high. From your experience, would they be good for any member of the party? Just imagine an entire team of Tokos!

Still, I made the final form pirate purrloiner last night and I am happy with that one. I also made the final form Mite, but it seems he is starting to get out classed by others.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:34 pm

Toko is good and has ok magic attack and that's about it, he's good enough for your team but he's not great, I would be fun to have a hole toko team though, I would make you unhitable. I'm pretty sure he doesn't get any boosts from anyone since he doesn't have any familiarity with any of them, just press square and check since I'm not sure. An entire team of catastroceros would make the game a joke though, he's so op. Gotta catch them all!!!
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:53 pm

Im not sure if you guys know but you can download draggle now, its free. Ots actually been downloadable since the 13th Iirc.
    The Once-Ler
    The Once-Ler
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by The Once-Ler Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:56 am

RantFromRant wrote:yes, it's random and the % of capturing one rages from 1.6 to 8%, just keep trying and when you see the hearts switch to the girl to serenade them(you did pass the trial and got the harp right? just making sure) it can get annoying and the most of the ones that are good have the lowest capture rate, all yoiu gotta do is keep fighting them. turbandit is awesome btw, love the little guy.

Yep, he is good. I have one in my team.
    The Once-Ler
    The Once-Ler
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by The Once-Ler Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:00 am

RantFromRant wrote:
    Baal-Avatar wrote:So, have you beat the game yet Rant?

I just got the ship and started sailing. I wish I had more time to play. I have been enjoying it.

glad you're enjoying it. i have not beaten the game, i was gonna do a 100% game but i decided i will do it on my second plathrough, i just settled on my whole team and i will be advancing the story and beat the game then start a new one where i do EVERYTHING.

No need to restart. You keep playing post game from what I have read and can complete everything after the man story line ends. IN fact you get new quests ans errands in post-game and I hear some of them are tough.
    The Once-Ler
    The Once-Ler
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by The Once-Ler Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:41 am

"i've had it since day one and im still right after getting the dragon, taking my time with it.
    one of my favourites games ever dude, i made a thread about it, just go there so we dont keep derailing the thread."

Me too. I have the wand and 2 stones and am just starting the Glttering Grotto. This is one of the best games I have ever played. Definitely the best jrpg, though I have yet to start Xenoblade Chronicles.
    Rant, what is your team makeup? I have a couple of the trees and they are serious tanks. I am using a bone Barron, a Stressie Plessie, and a Naja. Also have a honey tonker I got in the first trial when they give you a free familiar. My best familiar by far is Griffy which was the amazon preorder bonus. He is already maxed out (level 29 max) on his 3rd level (grifrigerator) and he hits like a Mack truck. I tried the free dlc draggle, but he kinda sucked so I abandoned him. Also ditched the seed sprite because he was taking way to long to level up. I just got a couple of dinos from the genes steps, but not sure if I will use them cause I like my current team. I also have a couple of tokos was lucky enought to harvest, but they are hard to level. Still debating on my subs. I just got a salamander from the vault of tears that I may try. He looks really cool. Oh, and I am still using that thumblmur I got at the beginning. Not sure if i will keep him long term, but He has high evasion which I love. That is why I might just grind up the Tokos too. Even at level 3 (where they are now) they have like 170 evasion! Never used the bighorn you mentioned. Try the trees if you have them. I stumbled upon an easy farming technique for them which really shortens the time to get them. They have really crappy attack, but have alot of defense so I toss them in on all out defense plays when I want to focus on one attacker with one of my heavy hitters. I just captured a nightcap I may start using too since I don't have much in the way of healers. Just got him in front of the gates to Perdida which I still can't enter for some reason. I ditche mighty in favor of the bone baron early and also ditched the Gogo, though I may need to try using that one again since I can level it pretty fast.

Rant, you Baal and I should set up a Ni No Kuni psn chat together. Anyone else playing it is also invited.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:58 am

im poised before the white queens boss room, i have a puss in boats with ridiculous dps, a scary strong paleolith with 500 defense i use for tanking and 2 other familiars with revival techniques, im trying to figure out what the third member of each mages ontourage should be though... oliver has the cat, swain has the living brick wall and the lemur and ester has her glass cannon bird mage and a damage soak melee tank . i need two good familiars for oliver and at least one for the other guys... for ester i plan to get a lumberwood (even better defense than the paleolith) if i can ever figure out where they are... for swain... i have no clue... hes mainly support though so... maybe something with decent atk to round him out? as for olly... the cat is damn scary but doesn't take hits too well anymore, any suggestions for a tank?
    The Once-Ler
    The Once-Ler
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by The Once-Ler Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:30 pm

sparkly-twinkly-lizard wrote:im poised before the white queens boss room, i have a puss in boats with ridiculous dps, a scary strong paleolith with 500 defense i use for tanking and 2 other familiars with revival techniques, im trying to figure out what the third member of each mages ontourage should be though... oliver has the cat, swain has the living brick wall and the lemur and ester has her glass cannon bird mage and a damage soak melee tank . i need two good familiars for oliver and at least one for the other guys... for ester i plan to get a lumberwood (even better defense than the paleolith) if i can ever figure out where they are... for swain... i have no clue... hes mainly support though so... maybe something with decent atk to round him out? as for olly... the cat is damn scary but doesn't take hits too well anymore, any suggestions for a tank?

If you have the time, level up a bone barren for Swaine. I switched mine over to him and he gets a stat boost with Swaine. He is a late bloomer though so you need the time to level him. Mine is in the 70s now and he is just now getting large stat boosts. The way it looks though he will easily be one of my strongest familiars because he also has good defense. Dino is a hard hitter for Oliver. Mine are still in their first form (haven't leveled them) but have a large physical damage. I may level a couple to use. They have high defense too, but terrible accuracy. Not sure about Esther. I ditched her bird because he wasn't doing much. I have several lumberwoods I use for defense and she has my strongest one. I am considering a nightcap for her. She has my Griffy familiar so she is good to go. He is easily my strongest in the terms of physical strength and gets a stat bonus with her.
    The Once-Ler
    The Once-Ler
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by The Once-Ler Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:37 pm

Ni No Kuni Chat anyone? Rant? Baal? Sparkley? Anyone else playing the game? Send me a FR and I will create it and will add you. First PSN listed in my sig. is the one I am using.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:09 pm

my team;

oliver; stressy plessy, batterhorn and catastroceros

esther; umberwood, sea naid and turburn

swaine; bone barron, monolith and red napper.

catastroceros is has the highest ar in the game but from my experience stressy plessy is better since he's much faster so he has better dps. batetter hoen is there because he jusst looks so damn cool and he's pretty good too but not nearly as good as, although he has REALLY high res to physical damage which makes him realy good against melee monsters. stresy plesy and the dino one are good as soon as you catch them but batterhorn is a late bloomer.

umberwood is the best tank in the game and packs a punch too, sea naid is awesome but holy crap it takes forever to level her up which will only come in handy late in the game and against the hardest bossed, same with turburn, hes got really high magic ar and def but it take a lot of time to level him.

bone barron is kinda is good from the start and he only gets better, dont like the look of him much but he's too good to pass up, monolith is a beast of a tank but hes so damn weak with his attacks it kinda blows but i have him just in case swaine is about to die(ssame with unmberwood an esther, after i gave her umber sshe's never died), red napper looks so damn cute i just had to have her and she learns upsy daisy so fast so she's actualy really good, the only downside to her is she's kinda slow and if anything get near her she can get detroyed.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:11 pm

what's this?
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:14 pm

Rynn wrote:what's this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5BE1Vw5B3M

it'ss the first video i could find.
    The Once-Ler
    The Once-Ler
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by The Once-Ler Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:16 pm

Looks like our teams are similar. I only have upsy daisy on the Aye Aye Catcher. Is there a gem that I can teach it to others? I have 2 tokos I captured and I think they learn it, but it is going to be a ***** leveling them. I have been grinding against the ulks because they offer 2600 exp per kill and they are pretty common and easy to spot/attack in the Giant's tabletops. I think going from level 3 to 4 with the toko is like 32,000 exp:( Naja is really fast and has a high attack but he is really weak against storm and water attack to the point of sillyness.
    The Once-Ler
    The Once-Ler
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by The Once-Ler Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:20 pm

I will be on tonight so I will look for you tonight after 10 or 11 and we can chat.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 3:46 am