Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+136
DemonDrink
KrazykevS10
User1
GaryBlevins
Dutchy
TheBigLebowski
WaLKA
Bigbrodeur
Mikutow
Sanhedrim
Dalerik
Dilaudid281
sicktwist
Rona
SenseOfSecurity
SpecialNewb
ak1287
Hugh_G_Johnson
Bearded Dragon
danfts
gmwdim
Frank_White
Archandes
samster628
argetlam213
Corporal Hart
Mike5005005
KingSeekerCow
Cepzeu
emraluces
Flankydizzle
Animaaal
jp09
Garl_Vinland
Kuragari
FattyOfDoom
GenericUsername
MosquitoPower
Hydreigon11
Gyonimizotetsu
Ashran
Shkar
PlasticandRage
messremb
Artorias The Abyss Walker
denleigh
vereornox
Oh_the_Humanity
Deathsitexxi
Snuggles
Wilkinson3424
Fossil
Krasouski
Sargerus
ComaPrison
Kyōkai
JeragiusTheSlayer
hageshisa
Forum Pirate
Nessima017
Mr. Tart
CaptanSpudsy
Nybbles
Zakkia
aprilmanha
gaarafrednorris
Slarg232
hqboy
Tomhet
Myztyrio
befowler
The_Burning Cross
DE5PA1R
bosslugger
MasterofShadows
BeeSeaEss
GTP_Zodicus
dragonbeast6
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
exod FEAR
Acarnatia
Reyl
GrinTwist
Solid Knight
GkMrBane
OmarTheFuzzy
Macromute
carlucio
Xero
Halicarnassis
SetaSensei
Sloth9230
ViralEnsign_
User
tofucactaur
Rudmed
Marino.
WandererReece
Serious_Much
ZoltarTheDestroyer
Tolvo
XKnightArtoriasX
Buggy Virus
Djem
Fotitudo
Juutas
>Brave<
Infighter
passivefamiliar
MagisterM
Aevun
Saturday-Saint
eminusx
The Grand Confessor
raecor14
mr_no_face
XachAttack
ublug
Onion Knight
Hyena
Seignar
defacto
The Letter X
PwnasauresRex
RANT
Reaperfan
Phoenix Rising
Soris Ice Goldwing
ChizFreak
Noob-of-Artorias
Pucko
Avenger649
callipygias
tinypantha
MyAwesomeAfro
T-King-667
140 posters

Dark souls 2: Wishlist

Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Dark souls 2: Wishlist - Page 6 Empty Re: Dark souls 2: Wishlist

Post by Tolvo Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:49 pm

Crossbows weigh more, and take more time to reload.
    Rudmed
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Rudmed Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:57 pm

I never said I wanted an aiming reticule for magic. I just want my character not to throw at such a downward angle. Would you throw a grenade like that? No? Then why am I throwing a a lighting bolt or fireball at the ground!
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:57 pm

Marino. wrote:
    mr_no_face wrote:a hub like nexus defeats the purpose of an open world game

I dislike open world in general since the Level Design tends to suffer from it .

Also whats the difference between walking from one Point to another to get to the Action and just starting at the Action ?

Answer : 5 Minutes
    You can have tons of secrets in hub based levels too AND have better Level Design on top of it .

Just compare Boletarian Palace 1-1 and 1-2 to the Undead Burg .
    Dark Souls Level Design really suffered from the Open World system .

What they could do 1 is of 2 things:

A) Allow the warp option from the beginning of the game, but only to the central hub. This way, they can worry more about level design then how we are going to connect this level to this one.
    B) Make "Homeward Bone" statues that will take you to the central hub, again meaning they can worry less about providing a route back than the level design.
    mr_no_face
    mr_no_face
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by mr_no_face Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:00 am

just listened to a pod cast and the guy offered an idea that the new character you play as is the undead making the pilgrimage to Lordran from the deep lore of the dark tales in Dark Souls. I believe that character is actually the knight who helps you escape the undead asylum. if its a prequel then maybe you play that knights story before he is pushed to his limits of hi journey so he may make his quest your own in dark souls 1
    Rudmed
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Rudmed Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:01 am

mr_no_face wrote:just listened to a pod cast and the guy offered an idea that the new character you play as is the undead making the pilgrimage to Lordran from the deep lore of the dark tales in Dark Souls. I believe that character is actually the knight who helps you escape the undead asylum. if its a prequel then maybe you play that knights story before he is pushed to his limits of hi journey so he may make his quest your own in dark souls 1

Oscar? That would be interesting, but it would be the same game. We all know Oscar took on the chosen undead quest before freeing you.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:03 am

Seignar wrote:
    What they could do 1 is of 2 things:

A) Allow the warp option from the beginning of the game, but only to the central hub. This way, they can worry more about level design then how we are going to connect this level to this one.
    B) Make "Homeward Bone" statues that will take you to the central hub, again meaning they can worry less about providing a route back than the level design.

Thats just how it was in Demons Souls lol!

Except that there were no checkpoints BETWEEN Bosses, just after them .
    I wouldnt mind having some additional Checkpoints if they are warranted .
    tofucactaur
    tofucactaur
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by tofucactaur Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:09 am

I want MORE character customisation. I want a more open world, with more exploring and optional dungeons/bosses. And I hope that if they put in something like organised PVP it is more thought out than the awful arena mode in dark souls.
    mr_no_face
    mr_no_face
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by mr_no_face Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:10 am

Rudmed wrote:
    mr_no_face wrote:just listened to a pod cast and the guy offered an idea that the new character you play as is the undead making the pilgrimage to Lordran from the deep lore of the dark tales in Dark Souls. I believe that character is actually the knight who helps you escape the undead asylum. if its a prequel then maybe you play that knights story before he is pushed to his limits of hi journey so he may make his quest your own in dark souls 1

Oscar? That would be interesting, but it would be the same game. We all know Oscar took on the chosen undead quest before freeing you.

well being an undead who knows how long he has been alive it would be a great opening for a story and it wouldn't really mean the same game i mean the knight was drained when you came across him and in the trailer that knight looks as though hes just done lol but as would any soldier after that **** x) but also i hear about worriess that " a new hero" may not mean you can create a character but in actuality if you play as this knight he was masked it could be any one you want ...except for a woman but who knows
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:16 am

mr_no_face wrote:
    Rudmed wrote:

well being an undead who knows how long he has been alive it would be a great opening for a story and it wouldn't really mean the same game i mean the knight was drained when you came across him and in the trailer that knight looks as though hes just done lol but as would any soldier after that **** x) but also i hear about worriess that " a new hero" may not mean you can create a character but in actuality if you play as this knight he was masked it could be any one you want ...except for a woman but who knows

Oscar was originally intended to be a Character like Solaire . Travelling across the World on his own, having a quest and interacting with he Player (Summoning and such) before ultimately facing the Player because you have different Goals .
    Its a shame it got cut (like so many things in this Game...im looking at you Shiva :evil: )

Here is the cut Dialogue from him
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jg75si7e45s
    mr_no_face
    mr_no_face
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by mr_no_face Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:25 am

well the finalized story line supports the concept of his story before the events at the undead asylum or maybe even since the quest and story has been in his family for generations it could be his ancestors and at the end you pass the journey onto him
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:32 am

Oscar flat out tells you that he failed his Mission and he asks you to continue his Quest . So we already know much about him .

Would you mind clarifying what you mean by "you pass the journey onto him" .

But anyway i think we wont get to see Lordran again anyway since the Story about the Age of Fire has been pretty much wrapped up .
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:33 am

I wish... for only my light to follow once more. For it will be just abyss... void... without my precious light.

Although I give off so much darkness with my eyes... how I linger and shut the glow in other's eyes... giving light of the way of the bright orb above that use to glow... is enough to satisfy the eyes of the dead that lost it.

Give dark and light, and understand the power that each held. I prefer to bring form... not blindness. Please... give me a lantern at least. When travel in dark, I will show the way.

:pendant:

feel a chipper mood today.
    mr_no_face
    mr_no_face
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by mr_no_face Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:38 am

Marino. wrote:Oscar flat out tells you that he failed his Mission and he asks you to continue his Quest . So we already know much about him .

Would you mind clarifying what you mean by "you pass the journey onto him" .

But anyway i think we wont get to see Lordran again anyway since the Story about the Age of Fire has been pretty much wrapped up .

speaking in the since that dark souls 2 is a prequel maybe you play as Oscars' ancester and at the end you pass the quest to Oscar
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:41 am

I hope its not like that :|
    I would like to have something completely new .

And is it confirmed to be a Prequel ? Havent heard that one yet

mr_no_face
    mr_no_face
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by mr_no_face Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:42 am

nothing confirmed yet but on december 20th EDGE has a magazine has a Dark souls exclusive article maybe it has more storyline to speculate on
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:43 am

I want the armour to be badass.....very few Dark Souls armour sets were that awesome....

but I like what I saw in the trailer....forsaken knights, wierd shyguy assassins, etc...
    mr_no_face
    mr_no_face
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by mr_no_face Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:44 am

yeah i think that all the new armor should just be off the wall amazing in looks and quality
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:30 am

Hey, I'm new to the forums

Anyway I don't think anyone's mentioned this so here goes, I'd like charged attacks. I've seen lots of people say they want more special moves on weapons and I think this would be a good way of implementing them without sacrificing the basic move-sets of most weapons (i.e. black knight/Artorias swords whose R2 moves are too slow to be of any use). Most special moves tend to be pretty slow anyway so I don't think an extra second to hold down an attack button would be much of a sacrifice anyway.

Weapons without special moves would of course also need charge up moves. For lighter weapon classes I'd suggest auto combos that are slightly faster and more damaging than regular hits (Think Gold tracer) And heavier weapons would do more damage and have either knock-back or increased poise/stability damage (again, the black knight weapons)

These moves would be almost completely useless in PVP but I think they would make a nice addition for PVE, which is what most special moves tend to be used for anyway. I'd personally be fine with the combat staying the way it is, but I think this cold make the game more entertaining, any thoughts or suggestions?

Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:24 am

About the people calling for nexus style system.. I don't think it would work. It worked in demons because you we're travelling far and wide to kill demons in vastly different areas/countries. In dark, you are in one specific area- lordran.

I think dks2 will follow the same suit, there needs to be a legitimate reason for a nexus system to be used. 5 minutes of running ain't good enough.. Besides I think the open world added something to dark above demons, I felt it made the world seem more real, and I'm sure like in dark, you'll get warping when the travelling begins to get a bit longer.

Though I do want longer levels, they should a be blighttown and anor Londo length minimum, some levels to me are just too short, like tomb of the giants and lower burg
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:37 am

I would like to go back to the Grass Healing Items so both players can heal but make them hard to find so that healing in combat it risky/ a tough decision to make. Other than that I think a a more brutal set of moves for weapons like longsword and axes, perhaps expanding on blunt weapon movesets, and last of all the ability to use two handed weapons without shield (or increased onehand STR requirements on such weapons)
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:46 am

I was really, really amazed how clever the map/level design was on Dark Souls. All those shortcuts you opened were always like "Oooooh! I'm here"-experience for me and this was something I don't recall any game has done or at least done it this well ever.
    While I love the way they made the level design, I think now is time for something bigger in scale, MORE EVERYTHING and if possible I would want to see those shortcuts too.
    I would heavily vote against the Nexus-like hub system...not my thing at all.
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:05 am

Though I do want longer levels, they should a be blighttown and anor
    Londo length minimum, some levels to me are just too short, like tomb of
    the giants and lower burg
    Oh yeah, but more specifically, they should really avoid making so many shortcuts when starting a level. You could take 3 shortcuts in Depths to get to the Gaping Dragon in 1 minute. It kind of throws away the effort of designing .

While I appreciate the Blighttown shortcut, I still hate how such a large, detailed and overall amazing (it is amazing) level can be skipped so easily...
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:52 am

I take Quality over Quantity all Day .

Remember how fun Lost Izalith was ?
    No you don't because it wasnt, that Level was so huge and had nothing in it while having two unininspired Bosses: an Asylum Demon clone and BoC with its false Dificulty .
    I always dread to go there because its so Boring there . The only thing i look forward to is fighting Ceaseless Discharge and Centipede Demon . But wait...the Centipede Demon can be skipped by a friggen Shortcut Look Skyward (and Asylum Demon Clone but who cares about him anyway ?) .

Dont get me wrong . I kind of like the Open World aspect with its secrets and all (seriously, the Painted World was Mind blowing !) but i guess i just like to have it all scaled down a bit and not as bloated as it is now .

I guess my Point is that i should not want to skip so much of the Levels.
    Why not make less Bosses and Areas that are rememberable and fun so that you want to fight and Play them over and over again ?
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:33 am

Marino. wrote:I take Quality over Quantity all Day .

Remember how fun Lost Izalith was ?
    No you don't because it wasnt, that Level was so huge and had nothing in it while having two unininspired Bosses: an Asylum Demon clone and BoC with its false Dificulty .
    I always dread to go there because its so Boring there . The only thing i look forward to is fighting Ceaseless Discharge and Centipede Demon . But wait...the Centipede Demon can be skipped by a friggen Shortcut Dark souls 2: Wishlist - Page 6 2707236321 (and Asylum Demon Clone but who cares about him anyway ?) .

Dont get me wrong . I kind of like the Open World aspect with its secrets and all (seriously, the Painted World was Mind blowing !) but i guess i just like to have it all scaled down a bit and not as bloated as it is now .

I guess my Point is that i should not want to skip so much of the Levels.
    Why not make less Bosses and Areas that are rememberable and fun so that you want to fight and Play them over and over again ?

Yeah, I hear you...Lost Izalith gave me nothing in the game and is still just an area I want to pass as quickly as possible. I would want big levels with actual stuff in them.
    SetaSensei
    SetaSensei

Post by SetaSensei Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:50 am

More epic boss battle. With alternative approaches (stealth character triggering some traps, pyromancers melting armor ...). I might be daydreaming, though.

More PvE useful and non-faith-only-good/lawful covenants (or whatever they want to call the new system) too. That one, really.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:13 pm