Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
Solid Knight
WyrmHero
Qawdz
GkMrBane
steveswede
Rynn
SetaSensei
Juutas
Meat Drive
13 posters

Dark Souls II must not be spoiled by easy difficulty

Meat Drive
    Meat Drive

Dark Souls II must not be spoiled by easy difficulty Empty Dark Souls II must not be spoiled by easy difficulty

Post by Meat Drive Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:40 am

I am scared of "more straightforward and more understandable"

So I decided to start this petition:

http://petitionbureau.org/fsdk2

I think it will be good if all DS community sign this. If developers see the thousands of protesting players they may be will carefully think about making such decisions. Of course, we don't actually know what "more straightforward and more understandable" really means, but it's better to do something now when it's not too late.
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Dark Souls II must not be spoiled by easy difficulty Empty Re: Dark Souls II must not be spoiled by easy difficulty

Post by Juutas Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:00 am

Don't worry. There is no reason what so ever to make Dark Souls II easy difficulty, the difficulty is Dark Soul's main selling point. And if other of the new directors was involved in Monster Hunter-series before, he knows to appreciate difficulty (Monster Hunter is way harder game than Dark Souls).
    SetaSensei
    SetaSensei

Dark Souls II must not be spoiled by easy difficulty Empty Re: Dark Souls II must not be spoiled by easy difficulty

Post by SetaSensei Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:35 am

They never talked about lesser difficulty, just making the game more accessible if I recall correctly.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:37 am

Enough petitions.
    Do you know how sick and tired of petitions I would be if I was from software?
    steveswede
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by steveswede Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:49 am

It's safe to assume that the challenging aspect of Dark Souls 2 will be consistent with the Souls series. It's worth noting that even with the new directors, there is still the rest of the Souls team that worked on the previous titles to give it that challenge we all love. Changes are to be expected and while there will be people that will hate them regardless of the improvements they bring, it's important that they do happen otherwise the series will get stale. In conclusion, From Software wanted new blood for the next title for new ideas and considering the new members history, it's fair to say that they were a very good choice and give the impression that the series is in safe hands.
    GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:36 pm

SetaSensei wrote:They never talked about lesser difficulty, just making the game more accessible if I recall correctly.

I agree I think they are only working out how to make the mechanics easier to understand in the beginning.
    Qawdz

Post by Qawdz Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:48 pm

The game will probably be easier difficult meaning it will be easier, but more difficult at the same time.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:08 pm

Difficulty won't keep me playing for months. I say they should focus more on PvP this time.
    Solid Knight
    Solid Knight

Post by Solid Knight Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:48 pm

In my opinion, based off FromSoftware's prior games and their goals, I don't think they could design an easy and straight forward game. I think they're totally inept at streamlining so I'm not worried about their comments about making things more accessible or approachable.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:57 pm

Bottom line: I'm returning my copy as soon as I get it if I don't see the difficulty there.

Also, you'd have to be a complete moron to not understand how the covenant system works. Spend a little time with it and it makes perfect sense. Look Skyward
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:52 pm

WyrmHero wrote:Difficulty won't keep me playing for months. I say they should focus more on PvP this time.
    Problem is that so many PvPers complain about... well... almost everything! I guess if they just went by their own PvP experiences they might be able to get something done, but I don't think it would lessen the constant fan complaints. I don't think anything will.

If you mean they should correct and expand on things like the Gravelord Cov, then I agree, but I still think it should be considered as ancillary to the main game.
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:08 pm

"I will be more straightforward and understandable."

I'm done worrying about the difficulty to me I don't think it will be a problem. This is now the new thing I worry about.

Here's the thing, we have the archives solely dedicated to understanding and interpreting the lore not to mention other people like Epic Name Bro that are on youtube doing the same thing. What I'm saying is this is one of the things that was a lot of fun about the game and we barely needed to play it. Understanding and applying some critical thought to understand the story was actually a lot of fun and something that we rarely receive from any other game franchise.

I'm sure it will be a good game again it's From Soft but the idea of one of the directors wanting to make it more direct really makes me uneasy.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:58 pm

Hope you're right, Grin.
    aprilmanha
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by aprilmanha Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:28 pm

I think to keep the game good and hard, it should kill you automatically every 30 minutes or so, that was you only have 30 minute to clear an area and get to the next bonfire! That will make it even more hard core and keep it as exclusive as possible!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 6:28 pm