Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Ghadis_God
Finch19
6 posters

My BSS Dex build.

Finch19
    Finch19

My BSS Dex build. Empty My BSS Dex build.

Post by Finch19 Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:07 pm

Hello, I'm new here, but I wanted to discuss my current build (what I'm aiming for).

This the link:

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?b=aHVudGVyLDMwLDE0LDMwLDEyLDQwLDExLDksOSwwLDAsMCwwLDAsMCwwLDQsMTQsMCwwLG5vcm1hbCxub3JtYWwsbm9ybWFsLG5vcm1hbCwwLDAsMCwwLDAsMCwwLDAsMCwwLDAsMCwwLDAsd29vZGVuLHdvb2Rlbix3b29kZW4sd29vZGVuLDE=

If anyone has some suggestions, please answer me in the comment section.

Happy hunting!
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

My BSS Dex build. Empty Re: My BSS Dex build.

Post by Ghadis_God Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:40 pm

http://tinyurl.com/b5sem49 I would do something like this. With 14 Str, you can use a katana or the Great scythe if you get bored of the BSS. You have good poise, defense, and HP, and the Leo Ring will boost counter damage with the BSS's incredible r2's. I threw in some pyro and the crown of dusk to take advantage of your high dex and att. I might also recommend 16 Str so you can utilize excellent weapons such as the Lifehunt Scythe, Chaos blade, and Silver Knight Spear, but it's unnecessary for a pure BSS build.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:46 pm

Isn't 45 DEX highly recommended for pyros, especially if one is using one of the fireball spells?

BTW, how drastic is the difference in casting speed from 40 to 45?
    Finch19
    Finch19

Post by Finch19 Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:50 pm

Thanks for the reply man!

Also, I saw the difference in the 40 and 45 DEX for the casting speed, it isn't too much, + I aim more at the damage for my DEX weapons. Pyromancy is just a bonus.
    Finch19
    Finch19

Post by Finch19 Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:00 pm

I might also add that I plan on making the BSS a +15.
    DigitaLinsanitY
    DigitaLinsanitY
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by DigitaLinsanitY Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:23 pm

Was going to post for advice regarding a bss build but so far you have exactly what I have.

For your armor slots...
    31 poise seems to be a good minimum to shoot for so you can take a 2H straight sword / katana hit. A combination of wolf ring / rfap / havels are commonly used to achieve this. Wolf ring gives you 40 poise and a lot of flexibility in the armor department (good for you since you have 30 end) With a high dex build plus good poking weapon like the bss you might enjoy the leo ring for extra dmg. (that's what I'm leaning towards ).

With your str you can also use a composite bow. (leo ring works with bows too if you chose to go that route) If you don't want to the bow, wanderer would save you 1 soul level I think.

Dark hand isn't the most impressive shield either... but it does look badass. Your call here weather you're going for looks or practicality.

So I don't want to start my own thread on a simular build. I have a starting outline just like the OP. I plan on taking mine to sl100 and entering dragon cov. I never made a dragon build in the vanilla dks mostly due to a lot of
    the bad stigma associated with dragons. Figured I'll try to combine the
    two on my next build. This leaves me in a bit of a dilemma as to where to invest the remaining points.

45 dex + more attunement for more pyro oriented (don't know if really need it due to the dragon covenant utilities)

Maybe dump heavily in vit? Don't think I need high endurance since dragons run naked.
    The extra stamina is always nice though...especially with no rofp. I'm leaning towards this because dragons have no armor and more life is nice.

Will probably run with wolf ring (naked dragon has no poise), and leo ring.

Never ran with a dragon before, any PvP tips using dragons cov would be welcome. (sorry if I'm high-jacking your thread)

Cheers!

P.S. Lots of replies in the time I typed this up. Sorry if redundant.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:44 pm

The difference between 45/40 is noticeable while fighting another pyro, otherwise it isn't that big of a deal. I agree you should try and go at least 14/16 STR to give you some variety. Here's my SL100 dex build, it is very standard cookie cutter.

http://mmdks.com/fyj
    Finch19
    Finch19

Post by Finch19 Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:06 pm

FruitPunchNinja wrote:The difference between 45/40 is noticeable while fighting another pyro, otherwise it isn't that big of a deal. I agree you should try and go at least 14/16 STR to give you some variety. Here's my SL100 dex build, it is very standard cookie cutter.

http://mmdks.com/fyj

Although cookie-cutter, this seems like the build I am going for atm. Either this or the aforementioned one. Thanks for all the advice so far guys!
    Finch19
    Finch19

Post by Finch19 Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:25 pm

Should I also get enough INT for the CMW? Or is this not mandatory?
    Xero
    Xero
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Xero Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:34 pm

Its good if you want to kill everything in 2-3 hits.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 10:07 pm