Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
XDHappyDX
6 posters

PvP Builds-Battle of the MAGICS!!!

Poll

Wich build do you like?

[ 7 ]
    PvP Builds-Battle of the MAGICS!!!  I_vote_lcap41%PvP Builds-Battle of the MAGICS!!!  I_vote_rcap [41%] 
    [ 4 ]
    PvP Builds-Battle of the MAGICS!!!  I_vote_lcap24%PvP Builds-Battle of the MAGICS!!!  I_vote_rcap [24%] 
    [ 6 ]
    PvP Builds-Battle of the MAGICS!!!  I_vote_lcap35%PvP Builds-Battle of the MAGICS!!!  I_vote_rcap [35%] 

Total Votes: 17
    XDHappyDX
    XDHappyDX

PvP Builds-Battle of the MAGICS!!!  Empty PvP Builds-Battle of the MAGICS!!!

Post by XDHappyDX Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:17 am

Hello these are some MAGICS builds. I dont realy know wich is the best partly because my ps3 broke so if you have some ideas as to ways i could improve them that would be apreciated and yes i like the scythe. Also i would be eternally gratefull if you vote for the build you like best.

PYRO- http://mmdks.com/g6k

INT- http://mmdks.com/g6s

FAITH- http://mmdks.com/g6t

Also the GC is for BS fishers ^_^ nothing beats my firewall

Last edited by XDHappyDX on Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

PvP Builds-Battle of the MAGICS!!!  Empty Re: PvP Builds-Battle of the MAGICS!!!

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:52 am

for the int build toss dark fog and white dragon breath in exchange for pursuers, cause wdb is hard to hit people with where as pursuers is just the opposite, dark fog is only a little stronger than the mist pyros, not enough to be worht an attunement slot though.
    XDHappyDX
    XDHappyDX

PvP Builds-Battle of the MAGICS!!!  Empty Re: PvP Builds-Battle of the MAGICS!!!

Post by XDHappyDX Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:23 am

Thats a great idea i but i was thinking in putting on pursuers i lose the diversity that dark fog and white dragon breath brings. The pursuers would be a great addition wich i believe would benefit players wanting to use this build. Thank you for your contribution, if you have any more ideas feel free to tell me. Also im interested in strategies i could use with the faith and int builds. (im already pretty good with pyros since i used to cosplay Xanthous alot)

Last edited by XDHappyDX on Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : adding my sig to everything XD)
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:46 am

Pyro
    Spoiler:

Int
    Spoiler:

Faith
    Spoiler:

I push importance of high Dex so muxh ecause I use it myself and I can usually cast any spell faster than my opponent, which is extremely handy and saved me, or at least granted me a victory in most of my fights.

PS:
    This took me a while to write... :shock:
    XDHappyDX
    XDHappyDX

Post by XDHappyDX Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:27 am

http://mmdks.com/g7i -FAITH

http://mmdks.com/g7o -INT

Something like this? Reasons i put WDB, Fog and GC on this build. WDB ive never used this and would like to lock of cast with it maybe if i get good i could use this as a surprise when going for another "running" attack ^_^. Fog is purely for zoning and obscuring los, also ive never done this before so its a gamble. GC is good when someone is using high magic def armor itll catch them of guard though GFB will do the same if i can bait them to try bs me ^_^.

Also i use scythe because people think scythes are predictable giving me an advantage XD When i run at them they go oh a running attack roll bs or parry... wrong i roll to the left and imediately counter with an r2 potentialy stun locking them with r2s. This is only one such method i use, realy only good against smart players... But a different weapon is also good so i normaly keep a claymore or something handy in my invent.

I am useless with Faith builds though so how do people normally fight with them?

As for the pyros FS i find its a good way to make people choke, they will be wary at first but seeing me just spam it they will get confident then boom they close in on my scythe head XD. So you could say it fazes some opponents. I use FW as a finisher since its stagger is horrendous. Though you are correct if i miss my lockoff cast people normally try for a bs so really its my smart A**finisher -_-"

Some more feed back on my tactics would be good also if you have any more good ideas ile be glad to hear them and perhaps (if my ps3 gets fixed) try them out soon.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:43 am

That looks a lot better if you ask me.

If you're not using GC for damage, you should switch to BF for it's higher Poise break, it can stagger people that has less than 60 Poise, making them open to some Scythe attacks, or other spells. I'm not sure with your Dex, but you could pull of BF + unlocked WoG.

Scythes are predictable. When I see a scythe user run at me I parry, if I don't think it will hit, I will unlock, turn 180° and parry again. One of them lands in most cases. But there are easier methods to deal with scythes, as scythe users usually have only two options, running R1 and R2s, so it's just 50/50. I still prefer to evade them until they deplete their stamina (scythes, especially R2 are stamina costy like hell) and go aggresively for them.

People with Faith builds usually use buffs and combine melee with WoG spam.

I never found any use for FS. I know it does next to no damage so I usually ignore it and run R1 it's user, which works well with my katana, or just evade, block it. Let them have their fun and waste spell charges. Since you use Scythe, you can't do anything solid until two handing it, which makes switching from FS to Scythe pretty dangerous for you.
    XDHappyDX
    XDHappyDX

Post by XDHappyDX Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:56 am

XD maybe i can fight you sometime i would love to test out some tactics against good players. Me and my trusty scythe ^_^ perhaps you are right and the people i fight are merely garbage players? who knows, ile pm you when my ps3 gets fixed or if it does so i wouldnt hold my breath. With the switching from 1h to 2h that is not a problem since the 1h r2 is good for zoning peoples roll patterns since it comes from the right. also the r1s of the scythe are amazing for catching players that roll backwards when positioning for the next exchange.

I like the BF idea i think it would be a great substitue for GC does it do less damage? I dont know since ive been out of the PvP scene for a while and havnt really encountered many BF users when my ps3 worked.

Faith is pretty borring im guessing? I want to do something cool with it perhaps i will have to just use it as a once in a blue moon thing since it doesnt seem to usefull in combat...

also what is your playstyle?
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:10 am

I'd love to play with you, but I recently lost my data, so I got no characters to PvP with right now. sad

Unless you fight in a prearranged duel, or in Burg, or Moonpit, the chances are that most of your opponents will be less than skilled.

BF does less damage to HP, but more damage to Poise and to stamine if blocked by a shield. It's very usefull against turtles and to stun people for chaining, or stopping bs attempts.

Faith is fun to play, but most people frown on it for using buffs and WoG I guess.

I used Quality Pyro with 28 Str to use Murakumo and 45 Dex for max casting. But I usually used Chaos Blade, Composite Bow, Shotel and Pyro (BF, GCF and FT).
    XDHappyDX
    XDHappyDX

Post by XDHappyDX Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:22 am

I see, that is a bummer losing all your saves sucks i know the feeling -_- Also yea i host in the burg so i mostly get duels with no nonsence fights ^_^ wich is awesome. Though im sl 100 and there are alot of noobs at times, so to play fair i cosplay Xanthous wich is possible with my pyro build! just swap out armor, weps and ring to chloranthy. it is awesome i suggest you try it sometime if possible. I cant wait to try out the faith and int builds XD

about the faith build are there any weird miracles that do cool things?
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:47 am

Weird Miracles? oO
    Karmic Justice. big grin
    XDHappyDX
    XDHappyDX

Post by XDHappyDX Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:04 am

http://mmdks.com/g8i -Glass cannon

You mean something like this ^_^ Hahaha that is a legit build
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:24 am

XDHappyDX wrote:http://mmdks.com/g8i -Glass cannon

You mean something like this ^_^ Hahaha that is a legit build
    Seems like a killer build to me. lol!
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:07 pm

Here is my most successful build. It's a pure caster utilizing all three magics to some degree...

http://mmdks.com/g90

There are quite a few deadly combos in here and typically I kill my opponent before they can even get a single hit in. The key is to find good combos of spells and CONSTANTLY be switching them around so you can hopefully catch one off guard.

For even more of a glass cannon, swap out the TCC for Logan's, and swap out the dusk ring for the DWGR. I like to take this build to the forest and invade on the other side of Alvina's bridge so I pop up near Sif's entrance to minimize ganking. If you come across the bridge and there's a group of 3 following you it is short work to back up on the bridge so there's no room to dodge a CSS or DB to the face. The only fallback is you win so much that the battles can seem boring after a while.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:17 pm

aceluby wrote:Here is my most successful build. It's a pure caster utilizing all three magics to some degree...

That's one hell of a good build you have there sir.
    I've long since wanted to make something like this, but failed, because I just couldn't get used to so many spells and spell catalysts at one time and panicked each and every time.
    XDHappyDX
    XDHappyDX

Post by XDHappyDX Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:24 pm

Farout that looks insanely deadly!!! If my ps3 wasnt broken i would challenge you to a duel right now! That would be one hell of a fight. I think i would have to really step it up a notch inorder to kill you. Like by up a notch i mean change up all my tactics.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:11 pm

Sentiel wrote:
    aceluby wrote:Here is my most successful build. It's a pure caster utilizing all three magics to some degree...

That's one hell of a good build you have there sir.
    I've long since wanted to make something like this, but failed, because I just couldn't get used to so many spells and spell catalysts at one time and panicked each and every time.

Yeah, it definitely takes getting used to having all those spells. I find that the best thing for me is to keep the deadliest combos right next to each other. For instance, pursuers is a good first spell, followed by WotG, cast pursuers and then chase your enemy until you can catch him in a WotG to stagger and then the pursuers takes the rest. The next good combo would be Pursuers + Dark Bead, so after WotG Dark Bead is a good spell. After that I'll switch up CSS and Dark Flame depending on how I'm feeling that day and how much I'm switching up my spells.

With it set up this way I cast a spell, switch to the next spell, cast it, switch to the next, etc... this way I can just keep swapping to the next spell w/out thinking too much about it.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:49 pm

http://tinyurl.com/b7a4a9a Why not all three at once?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:56 pm

Either INT or Faith for me, Pyro just lacks the versatility IMO.

Even though PW is awesome, but really any build can use that spell.
    XDHappyDX
    XDHappyDX

Post by XDHappyDX Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:59 pm

That looks even more confusing to play farout!!!! i actually wana give this a go then perhaps we can have a pure caster Fc XDDD hellz yea. Btw why does noone use the underpowered stuff?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:02 pm

Killer build, Ghadis. Why no Dusk Crown though?
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:23 pm

Just for fun essentially, it's not hard to just put it on and I wanted a unique-looking build.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 4:47 am