Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
Tolvo
Spurgun
Onion Knight
ViralEnsign_
sinspaw
Aevun
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Mr. Penguin
12 posters

Petition | Dark Souls II in Portuguese | Change.org

Poll

Would you like to Dark Souls II in Portuguese?

[ 6 ]
    Petition | Dark Souls II in Portuguese | Change.org I_vote_lcap46%Petition | Dark Souls II in Portuguese | Change.org I_vote_rcap [46%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Petition | Dark Souls II in Portuguese | Change.org I_vote_lcap0%Petition | Dark Souls II in Portuguese | Change.org I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 7 ]
    Petition | Dark Souls II in Portuguese | Change.org I_vote_lcap54%Petition | Dark Souls II in Portuguese | Change.org I_vote_rcap [54%] 

Total Votes: 13
    Mr. Penguin
    Mr. Penguin

Petition | Dark Souls II in Portuguese | Change.org Empty Petition | Dark Souls II in Portuguese | Change.org

Post by Mr. Penguin Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:46 am

Hey,

Sign the petition "Namco Bandai Games & From Software: Dark Souls II in Portuguese" and you could help by adding your name.

Our goal is to reach 100 signatures and we need more support. You can read more and sign the petition here:

https://www.change.org/petitions/namco-bandai-games-from-software-dark-souls-ii-in-portuguese

Thanks!
    Mr.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Petition | Dark Souls II in Portuguese | Change.org Empty Re: Petition | Dark Souls II in Portuguese | Change.org

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:28 pm

Vou assinar agora. Bow
    Aevun
    Regular
    Regular

Petition | Dark Souls II in Portuguese | Change.org Empty Re: Petition | Dark Souls II in Portuguese | Change.org

Post by Aevun Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:10 pm

Oh for ***** sake, another petition!

Seriously people. Just because the petition stuff worked once does not mean it's ever going to happen again. And why Portuguese out off all languages? Just because of Rurikhan or something? Why not Finnish or Irish?

Constantly making petitions for every tiny insignificant thing you want to voice your opinion about is an absolute waste of time.

Just my 2 cents.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:53 pm

I don't get it. Rurikhan? What does he have to do with this?
    sinspaw
    sinspaw
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sinspaw Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:08 pm

Aevun wrote:Oh for ***** sake, another petition!

Seriously people. Just because the petition stuff worked once does not mean it's ever going to happen again. And why Portuguese out off all languages? Just because of Rurikhan or something? Why not Finnish or Irish?

Constantly making petitions for every tiny insignificant thing you want to voice your opinion about is an absolute waste of time.

Just my 2 cents.

Hello, you ignorant idiot.

Portuguese is actually the 8th most spoken language in the world.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/languages/guide/languages.shtml

http://listverse.com/2008/06/26/top-10-most-spoken-languages-in-the-world/

So, it's actually more spoken than the languages in which most games are translated to. That included Italian, German and French. Your two cents are nothing but filth.

Did you seriously just post in this thread to make a comment which could be interpreted as having a racism connotation? Damn...GTFO.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:49 pm

Gosh dangit. There was no racism intended but the idea of petitions has been spread throughout this forum en masse recently and as he mentioned before while it did work once it is unlikely to work again.

Can we just cool the jets fellas. I'm no mod or anything but flaming and what not are against forum rules or something like that.
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:24 pm

Well isn't everyone terribly friendly and welcoming of opinions at the moment?
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:38 pm

Again thats not really how it is.... but.....
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:48 pm

Aevun wrote:Oh for ***** sake, another petition!

Just my 2 cents.

I support this, lets get them to make DkS in Finnish as well. Having to always read everything in a foreign language is becoming annoying.

Seriously though. You don't have to be so mad about this. He can do this if he wants.
    I don't know if Fromsoftware will actually do anything though.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:44 pm

This is a pretty widespread language, so it doesn't sound like a bad idea to me. But, I think you'll be needed a lot more than 100 signatures.

Maybe 10,000 is a better number.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:47 pm

If you are not interested in the opinion presented by the OP, simply move on.
    carlucio
    carlucio
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by carlucio Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:55 pm

I heard from a Ubisoft employee once that you need at least 30.000 sales to justify such investment, i believe Dark souls sold way more than that here , they may give us a better support this time.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:33 am

I will sign it, because I support everygame to be in most languages as long as it's at reach for the developers in terms of resources. From and Namco have the resources to do so, then, they should do it. I'm saying this, because there are indie studios out there who doesn't have the resources to translate their games into other languages, and you can't be mad at them for that.

Anyway, you should tell every gamer out there to learn English because it's the main commercial language. Most movies are made on English in native, so are games. Yes, I feel comfortable with English, even though my primary language is Spanish (I'm from Argentina). If you would like texts to be translated that's okay, but don't stop there, you should learn English. Language is a wall, a blockade, that we can temporarily bring down by translating. The only true way to understand is to learn other languages, or well, you know, create an universal world-spread language that everyone must know, but if you come to think about it, right now the closest thing to that is English. This is a message not to the OP but to people that don't want to learn English. Ironically this is in English silly
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:17 am

I'm not being anti or anything, just sharing my thoughts. There are lots of languages that could be added, but there are also lots of languages. If they were to add it, what if another petition turns up, and then another and then it just keeps going on? As far as i know, the languages available are for the most used languages, which is why languages such as swedish, portuguese, danish etc aren't used in the games.

And all of a sudden i lost the words... Ugh, i'm sure you'll be able to understand. What i would like to do though, is wish you guys luck! Sun

Edit: Just noticed a post about it being the 8th most used language or something. Well whatevso, my point was that you shouldn't get your hopes up, and i still wish you luck so... bai! Sun

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 10:58 am