Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Need some help on a low SL character for PVE!

Thundergrip
    Thundergrip
    Casual
    Casual

Need some help on a low SL character for PVE! Empty Need some help on a low SL character for PVE!

Post by Thundergrip Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:09 pm

I'm doing a SL 25 run of NG! It's my first time attempting a run at such a low level. What weapons are effective at SL 25?
    Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Need some help on a low SL character for PVE! Empty Re: Need some help on a low SL character for PVE!

Post by Automancer Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:14 pm

Stats?
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Need some help on a low SL character for PVE! Empty Re: Need some help on a low SL character for PVE!

Post by LunarFog Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:16 pm

If you haven't picked you stats yet, I suggest focusing on 1.) Strength 2.) Vitality 3.) Endurance. I listed them from most to least important but really, the only thing you should have in mind is meeting the stat requirements to use the weapon you want to use and then focusing everything else on vitality and endurance.

Elite knight armor has pretty good defense and a manageable weight for low levels. That should be good until you get Paladin leeroy armor.

An elemental claymore/bastard sword would be a good choice for weapon. You should have the stats to use it in one hand and the damage is pretty good. The Heavy Crossbow would be a good weapon to have if you want to be balanced and have a mid-ranged attack.

Ring of FaP will help make up for the lack of stats you have for being on a low level. And as always, A pyromancy flame is invaluable for low levels.

Also, tanks are the safest kind of character to play as. Don't be afraid to switch to full Havel's armor and tank out 4 Kings and Nito or any other boss when you have to. For standard armor though, I suggest focusing on being <75. <50 if moving fast is really important to you.
    Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Automancer Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:27 pm

LunarFog wrote:If you haven't picked you stats yet, I suggest focusing on 1.) Strength 2.) Vitality 3.) Endurance. I listed them from most to least important but really, the only thing you should have in mind is meeting the stat requirements to use the weapon you want to use and then focusing everything else on vitality and endurance.

Elite knight armor has pretty good defense and a manageable weight for low levels. That should be good until you get Paladin leeroy armor.

An elemental claymore/bastard sword would be a good choice for weapon. You should have the stats to use it in one hand and the damage is pretty good. The Heavy Crossbow would be a good weapon to have if you want to be balanced and have a mid-ranged attack.

Ring of FaP will help make up for the lack of stats you have for being on a low level. And as always, A pyromancy flame is invaluable for low levels.

Also, tanks are the safest kind of character to play as. Don't be afraid to switch to full Havel's armor and tank out 4 Kings and Nito or any other boss when you have to. For standard armor though, I suggest focusing on being <75. <50 if moving fast is really important to you.

Havel is overkill. The Stone armor is sufficient enough to last the entire run.
    Thundergrip
    Thundergrip
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Thundergrip Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:33 pm

OP here - I'm focusing on fast roll and light weapons so far, and having success. Str 16 Dex 14. It's not exactly 'pure' but it allows me to use most of the lighter weapons in the game. Should I try something like Quelaag's Furysword? Or should I focus on fire or lightning weapons that don't scale?
    Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Automancer Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:51 pm

Thundergrip wrote:OP here - I'm focusing on fast roll and light weapons so far, and having success. Str 16 Dex 14. It's not exactly 'pure' but it allows me to use most of the lighter weapons in the game. Should I try something like Quelaag's Furysword? Or should I focus on fire or lightning weapons that don't scale?

Handaxe, Reinforced Club, Battleaxe, Balder Side Sword, Claymore, Falchion, Katanas, Pickaxe, Demon's Spear, the Halberds, Composite bow, Light Crossbow.

These are some of the weapons that you can 1h with. Some others you will have to 2h. Pick your honey and choose an elemental path that can do significant damage through the game. Going pure melee or do you plam on using Int or Fth? Pyromancy is a must, in some cases.

Use this: http://www.mugenmonkey.com/darksouls

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:02 am