Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
TheMeInTeam
Ghadis_God
Cabjoy
mugenis4real
Rifter7
LunarFog
10 posters

Poison Build

LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Poison Build Empty Poison Build

Post by LunarFog Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:21 am

This will be edited once I get started on the build.

Url: http://mmdks.com/iu2

Starting class: Pyromancer
    SL: 50
    Vitality: 30
    Endurance: 17
    Strength: 24
    Dexterity: 20

Right hand: Gravelord Sword // Ricard's Rapier
    The gravelord sword is for it's toxic effect, and when the other person is toxined, then I'll switch to Painting Guardian Sword and buff it with poison resin. I chose Ricards Rapier because of the 6-hit heavy attack combo.

Left hand: Pyromancy flame // Grass Crest Shield
    Pyromancy flame for Poison Cloud and Toxin Cloud. Grass crest shield for the stamina regen

rings: Ring of FaP // Wolf ring
    Ring of FaP for the health, stamina, and weight limit increase, Wolf ring for the poise, which could be useful when I'm doing ricard's heavy attack.

Items: Dung Bombs //Poison Arrows // Lloyd's talismans

Goal: Once I get them poised, I'll just sit back and harass them, being completely on defense, while they slowly die, with a few pokes here and there to keep them off of me and speed up the process a bit.

Any ideas to make this better?

Last edited by LunarFog on Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Poison Build Empty Re: Poison Build

Post by Rifter7 Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:51 am

thats not a viable strategy. poisoning someone is great if you want to mess with their stamina and maybe get a free hit when they moss.. not build entirely around.

ricards rapier telegraphs a lot and can be parried relativley easy as well.
    glgs isn't going to guarentee you toxic either, you need to have a plan for a fighting opponent as people will react to what you're doing.
    mugenis4real
    mugenis4real
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by mugenis4real Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:35 am

Sadly, poison is near useless in this game as far as PvP goes. :bom:
    Cabjoy
    Cabjoy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Cabjoy Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:37 am

Yeah I feel a build based around poison/toxic isn't completely viable. The only way I'd try to approach a build that worked like that would be to use Rotten Pine resin'd Butcher's knife and Sanctus, along with a composite bow using poison arrows, all the while being buffed by Replenishment. Even then, I wouldn't bother I don't think. Good luck tightening up the build!
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:39 am

The Large Club has natural poison buildup, which can be augmented by rotten resin. That'll get your opponent poisoned faster than the GLS will toxic them.
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Rifter7 Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:57 am

i think that thing has bonus backstab damage, too.
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:02 pm

I'm pretty sure a poison build isn't as bad as people would think. Once the other person is poisoned, you can go completely on defense and just wait it out. If you have a solid shield, and decent dodging abilities then they wouldn't touch you. It'd be a battle of nerves as time goes on. A build for patient players.
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:29 pm

Toxic + talisman is actually very threatening. Just poison though? It's only good to mess with turtles IMO. The priority nees to be on getting them toxic...the damage from that is no joke at all.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:22 pm

I have a large supply of purple and blooming moss in my quick access slot. I can easily back off and use them.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:19 pm

Poison will not do enough damage to kill most people even if they don't heal themselves.
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:30 am

Ghadis_God wrote:Poison will not do enough damage to kill most people even if they don't heal themselves.
    When I say "poison" I'm implying poison AND toxin. so i guess i'll just start calling it...Plague. 8)
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:44 am

I've met someone with pure poison build, who used Barber Straight Sword with Rotten Pine Resin, some bow with Poison Arrows, Posion Knives, :dung: , and Mist pyros and was cosplaying Kirk.

Only thing that bothered me was his arrows, as I had little HP (around 12 Vit) and they damaged me for a lot, but when he casted one of the mist pyros, I equipped Blooming Purple Moss and, with exception of arrows, which I blocked, each and every time he tried to cast something, or throw something I used the moss and he just coudln't get Poison on me any more.

Poison build sounds like a fun idea, but it's viable only on very low SL, where host is likely to have no Moss at all, because anyone who uses his head a bit, will just back off to a safe distance and use Moss, or wait for you do a mistake and use Moss.

I remember invading on ver low SL in Parish, where hosts usually didn't have any Moss. I've Poisoned them, sometimes with Toxin as a bonus and dropped Moss between some mobs, used a Point Down and went away. I simply wanted to give them a challenge with a very deadly time limit. Regrettably, most hosts just went away, tried to heal it off and summon help instead, so I stopped doing this, because I felt like an a**hole.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:57 am

ran into a poison build today in the town ship, had a full egg head to since that CAN inflict the egghead on others (its just really rare), used the gl sword and knew how to parry (i watched them fight a red i summoned then fought them) their only issue was low poise and the fact that im dualwielding a spear and the gold tracer (tracer in main spear in off) so they kept getting stunned by the spear than slashed by the sword, unable to parry it...
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:32 am

I would imagine toxin is viable if you get it on and then press someone really hard. If they try to moss they get BS'd or stunlocked and otherwise their endurance is going to be limited + toxin is a lot of direct damage.

Don't think I'd want to rely on that exclusively though. TBH I rarely use anything poisoned. Maybe if I felt like using poison arrows on a bow.
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Rifter7 Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:21 am

i've seen a few of the op's posts around and i have a nagging feeling he primarily invades questersat around 30-60..

not having poison moss clumps at those levels isn't uncommon for a lot of players without bbg toons.
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:56 am

well MOST SL50s will end up invading questers around those levels.

FWIW Dung Pies build up Toxic but do less damage than other sources of the Toxic status effect, so make sure if you use them to actually apply the status with the GLGS or Mist.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:27 pm