Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
raecor14
DMC
Demon Slayer
Carpercen
8 posters

Just bought the game... any advice :D?

Carpercen
    Addicted
    Addicted

Just bought the game... any advice :D? Empty Just bought the game... any advice :D?

Post by Carpercen Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:04 pm

yesterday I bought it... it should arrive tomorrow or saturday... and I was wondering what are the differences between dark souls and demon's souls..?

what should I know? I've been reading things about world tendency... also i guess upgrading in demon souls is differente ain't it?

So... well... any advice i'll be thankfull for it
    Demon Slayer
    Demon Slayer
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Just bought the game... any advice :D? Empty Re: Just bought the game... any advice :D?

Post by Demon Slayer Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:17 pm

u can upgrade armor
    u have to dead(souls form) to help,invade
    if you are dead when u kill a boss u revive
    World Tendency influences difficulty and controls additional events that occur in each world.
    World Tendency is independent of Character Tendency (available HP is the exception).

Actions which affect World Tendency only have an effect on the World in which they occurred.
    World Tendency changes only take effect upon returning to the Nexus. So, if World Tendency is Pure Black, everything will remain in that state until the player returns to the Nexus, when any events affecting World Tendency will register.
    World Tendency carries over to New Game+.
    World Tendency also controls how powerful the enemies are in a given world. In summary:

Pure White Tendency enemies are easier to kill, but drop fewer, less valuable items and hold the least number of souls. Healing items are dropped more frequently.
    Pure Black Tendency enemies are tougher, but drop more valuable items in greater abundance. They hold the largest number of souls.
    Earning all Trophies is only possible by changing World Tendency.

There is a server median which appears to be calculated by accounting for World Tendency events across the network in aggregate. For instance, if a large number of players are doing things in their World which change their World Tendency towards Black, then the server median will reflect this. Likewise for all White Tendency events.

While playing online the effect of the server median is session based. The current median will be applied when you load a game. This becomes your starting point for World Tendency for this session. During the course of that particular game you can influence World Tendency events by your
    actions. When you quit that game, your current World Tendency status is lost to you.

On starting a New Game offline, all Worlds will be Neutral. World Tendency will then shift towards Black or White according to the players actions. The server median has no effect while playing offline. When you load a game, your World Tendency status will be exactly the same as when you last quit that game.

White World Tendency

White World Tendency has the following effects.

Decreases enemy HP, attack and defence power
    Enemies drop fewer upgrade stones
    Enemies drop more healing items.
    Attack power is increased in Soul Form. Increases 10% at White, and 20% at Pure White. Stacks with Character Tendency
    See the list of White World Tendency Events.

Black World Tendency

Black World Tendency has the following effects.

Increases enemy HP, attack and defence power
    Enemies hold more Souls
    Enemies are more likely to drop rare items
    The Black Phantoms versions of enemies and NPCs appear in specific locations
    Black Phantom versions of normal monsters have a 100% drop rate for their primary items.
    Primeval Demons appear in specific locations in each world. Note that Primeval Demons will appear slightly before a world is Pure Black, so this is not a good way to judge if you have achieved Pure Black World Tendency. This demon will still be there when the world is Pure Black.
    Your character's maximum HP in Soul Form is reduced.
    See the list of Black World Tendency Events.

Each action below is followed by a positive or negative number.

Positive numbers shift the World Tendency towards White (e.g. +1 means one step towards Pure White World Tendency)
    Negative numbers shift the World Tendency towards Black (e.g. -1 means one step towards Pure Black World Tendency)
    Towards White

Kill a Demon (boss) in a particular World (+1)
    Kill the Red Dragon (+1) in 1-2
    Kill the Blue Dragon (+1) in 1-4
    Kill the Black Phantom Form of one of the 5 special named NPCs that appear in Pure Black World Tendency
    Defeat Black Phantom Executioner Miralda (+3) in 1-1
    Defeat Black Phantom Scirvir, The Wanderer (+3) in 2-2
    Defeat Black Phantom Lord Rydell (+3) in 3-1
    Defeat Black Phantom Satsuki (+3) in 4-1
    Defeat Black Phantom Selen Vinland (+3) in 5-2
    Defeat a Primeval Demon (+3) (once per world per game)
    Defeat Black Phantom NPC (see above) and 1 Primeval Demon without returning to Nexus. (+6) (once per game)
    Defeat Black Phantom NPC (see above) and Primeval Demon without returning to Nexus, and then defeat 1 Boss. (+7) (once per game)
    Kill an invading Black Phantom
    Resurrect a summoned Blue Phantom
    Note: To maintain White Tendency after defeating a boss (approx 45% shift to White), then go to the Nexus and commit suicide in the Nexus. Death in body form in a world equates to a (30%) shift back to black tendency, undoing all the effect of killing the boss.

Towards Black

Die outside the Nexus while in Body form (-1)
    Kill Old King Doran (-2) in 1-1
    Kill the Body Form of one of the 5 special named NPCs that appear in Pure White World Tendency
    Kill Body Form Executioner Miralda (-3) in 1-1
    Kill Body Form Scirvir, The Wanderer (-3) in 2-2
    Kill Blue Phantom Lord Rydell (-3) in 3-1
    Kill Body Form Satsuki (-3) in 4-1
    Kill Body Form Selen Vinland (-3) in 5-2
    + show note on unpatched Asian version
    No Effect

Suicide in the Nexus in Body Form (+0) This affects World Tendency in the Nexus, but there are no World Tendency events there.
    Suicide in the Nexus in Soul Form (+0)
    Die in any world in Soul Form (+0)
    Kill the Vanguard (+0) in 4-1
    lol!

Demon Slayer
    Demon Slayer
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Just bought the game... any advice :D? Empty Re: Just bought the game... any advice :D?

Post by Demon Slayer Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:53 pm

we can co op too men
    DMC
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by DMC Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:36 am

My advice is to just play it blind and enjoy the experience the first time around. Only consult a wiki if you really have to. If you're coming from Dark Souls it won't be too difficult but it should still be challenging if you actually play blind.

On your second playthrough do all the WT stuff. You really have no choice but to consult a wiki if you want to do it all the WT stuff and it's safer to do it playing offline.
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:49 am

ok well i cant help as much as the first guy BUT ill do my best.
    1. this game is a lot more laxed than dark souls. you can afford stat mistakes because almost everything you do can be saved
    2. play as royalty first. its like the pyromancer but better in so many ways.
    3. magic is so much better in DeS than DaS embrace that with your first play because the first one if only to try out EVERYTHING
    4 go from 1-1 to 2-1 just a little hint ill let you figure out the rest
    5. just have fun ^_^ its easy to get frustrated in this game, take everything lightly and you will be FINE!
    DMC
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by DMC Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:58 am

I personally wouldn't start as a royal and use magic the first time around. Magic is overpowered and DeS will already be easier than it could/should have been because you're playing it after having played Dark Souls.

I only recently the mage thing in DeS and it was fun but too easy (I think it's just as overpowered in DkS but that's for another thread)

This is just my opinion, no offence to raecor14 cheers

If you're only going to do one playthrough however then I agree and would use some magic.
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:05 am

hahaha its ok, i was about 13 when i first played it so i didn't get the enjoyment out of the difficulty like i do now!
    Acarnatia
    Acarnatia
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Acarnatia Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:23 am

Some other things you should know that I think weren't posted in here yet;
    There's no poise for you (there is for some enemies)
    Almost all attacks are more fluid and faster than in Dark
    The weakness of most of the game is magic
    If you're going to use Faith, then get it to 20 and talk to the blonde girl before saving Saint Urbain. She'll give you a Pure upgrade material for Faith weapons
    Carpercen
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Carpercen Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:23 pm

wow... there are lot of things that I dont fully understand o.O

Well I had read about the world tendency and i wanted to know how to turn it pure black... (i dont like easy things...)

But well... I'll be reading some more articles and your opinions guys if you want to share them...

anyway... I cant play at the moment... my ps3 is at sony being repaired... :'c and I wont have it before christmas u_u
    Acarnatia
    Acarnatia
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Acarnatia Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:35 pm

Ah... well, the main way to turn the World Tendancy to Pure Black is to
    1) kill the Pure White World Tendency NPC
    2) Die while in body (living) form

I think invading blackens that world by about 5%, whereas dying lowers it by about 16%. Invading and co-op may only affect character tendency, though; I'm not sure.
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:37 pm

invasions make it black, helping makes it white
    Guntles_5
    Guntles_5

Post by Guntles_5 Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:01 pm

Just a word of advice (sorry if someone already DIRECTLY said that) - but to shift and play with the World Tendency i strongly recommend to play offline, reasons already stated by demon slayer.

Also, as everyone says, magic is fun, but its kind of the easy mode.
    MosquitoPower
    MosquitoPower
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MosquitoPower Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:54 am

Also, unlike Dark Souls, bows actually work pretty nice in PVE.
    I played as a "archer" in my first play through... Lava bow rules!.

The farming can be a bit of a pain, but all the zones are pretty fun... even the lava one!

Bosses are either super cool, or super lame. No in-between!

The regular enemies dont mess around though, them metal skeletons whooped me good with their weird attacks and rolls.

Atmosphere is almost better in Demons... so much ill will in the air...
    Carpercen
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Carpercen Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:50 pm

Well... sony haven't finished with my ps3 so I can't play it -.- ... let's hope it gets fixed soon... I wanna play it!
    hageshisa
    hageshisa
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by hageshisa Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:30 pm

Started playing DeS 2 days ago, and I must say that the first lvl was much easier with some DkS experience. Never BS'd so much in PvE before :'D Just sl13-14 thou
    MosquitoPower
    MosquitoPower
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MosquitoPower Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:08 pm

hageshisa wrote:Started playing DeS 2 days ago, and I must say that the first lvl was much easier with some DkS experience. Never BS'd so much in PvE before :'D Just sl13-14 thou

Really?
    I had a heck of a time BackStabing those blue eye knights on my first run. Dont know what my problem was. =P
    hageshisa
    hageshisa
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by hageshisa Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:53 pm

Yeah Really : o Game seemed to easy, but like i said, it was only the real first lvl (with phalanx boss).

I must say that I'm very surpriced about how awesome DeS is : )
    Demon Slayer
    Demon Slayer
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Demon Slayer Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:21 am

Guys my store os oppened again feel free to ask what u need

Sorry guys i was out in the dark n demon souls busnisse but i,m back so hope u still want intersted

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 2:49 pm