Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
Cjfthistle
Bioraptor
Green__Eagle
Nybbles
WandererReece
TheMeInTeam
chantienyee
Emergence
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Uparkaam
callipygias
Sloth9230
Back Lot Basher
17 posters

I think some new players confuse my dragon sign for a summon sign?

Bioraptor
    Bioraptor
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

I think some new players confuse my dragon sign for a summon sign? - Page 2 Empty Re: I think some new players confuse my dragon sign for a summon sign?

Post by Bioraptor Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:51 am

Back Lot Basher wrote:You don't have to have a scale...the game just generates one even if nobody has one.

@Callipygias - you're right...this would have changed his experience. I just felt bad for the error. If I had dropped him some souls, would he have been able to retrieve them after respawning?
    I very much doubt it friend.If you had droped anything for him/her to pick up would have re set after they spawned.Also don't feel so bad.In a hard love way you showed the host a valueable lession.He/she now knows that a gray eye in the ground is not there to offer help.......
    Cjfthistle
    Cjfthistle
    Casual
    Casual

I think some new players confuse my dragon sign for a summon sign? - Page 2 Empty Re: I think some new players confuse my dragon sign for a summon sign?

Post by Cjfthistle Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:27 pm

I know I made this mistake early on. I just got my arse handed to me by someone who knew what they were doing! Look Skyward
    CappuccinoJak
    CappuccinoJak
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CappuccinoJak Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:15 am

quick question about summoning dragonbros: if someone defeats the area boss, can they summon you? i'm confused since it's technically an invasion but it's a summon to. (i think this question would also apply to the red soapstone)
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:23 pm

CappuccinoJak wrote:quick question about summoning dragonbros: if someone defeats the area boss, can they summon you? i'm confused since it's technically an invasion but it's a summon to. (i think this question would also apply to the red soapstone)

you can't summon or be invaded if the area boss is dead.
    Ashran
    Ashran
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Ashran Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:20 pm

Nybbles wrote:
    you can't summon or be invaded if the area boss is dead.

is it that true? I didnt knew...

"Online play item. Find a player who has acquired a Dragon Scale and invade that player's world to pillage it.
    An art of the transcendent apostles who pray to the ancient dragons.
    To be alive is to be vulnerable, and the fiery Gods are no exception.
    The apostles seek another plane of existence, which transcends life."

But what if you only need a character with a scale, and then you can summon other dragonpeople with any other character? That explains the starter gear. Or maybe they just killed some dragons with a bow n arrow spam.
    CappuccinoJak
    CappuccinoJak
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CappuccinoJak Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:17 pm

huh....maybe some people do actually think the dragon eye is co-op! i just got summoned by a newbie and he sent me a message about it. what does it look like when you see a dragon eye summon sign? (i've never even seen one before, other than my own)
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:12 pm

CappuccinoJak wrote:huh....maybe some people do actually think the dragon eye is co-op! i just got summoned by a newbie and he sent me a message about it. what does it look like when you see a dragon eye summon sign? (i've never even seen one before, other than my own)

It looks the same to other people as it does to you.

I did this all weekend and of the 40 or so people who summoned me, about 35 of them were new players (shields up, swing til they're drained, heavy armor). I'm guessing some of them don't even know it's a real person at first. It's quite funny when they think I'm there to help. I followed one guy all the way to the Taurus fog door and he didn't clue it until I gave him a gentle poke with the rapier. Then I dropped him a humanity and started the duel...to my surprise, the little bugger was pretty good, and dropped me.

I actually have to say, the fights themselves are a lot of fun. I'm not a great PvP player, so as long as I used level-appropriate gear, some of the fights are good. Mostly, when people lose, it's because of rookie mistakes like missing with a battle axe and opening themselves up, or running out of stamina. I always drop them humanity and a large soul or some titanite so they know that invasions don't always have to be filled with malice.
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:33 pm

it's funny, i got a ton of action as a dragon bro at low level (burg, parish, depths) than i am currently getting at SL60 (anywhere/everywhere)? i wonder why that is?

makes me wish i had dueled for scales for allot longer at a low soul level. i'm hardly getting any matches at all now…and i needs ma scales!
    CappuccinoJak
    CappuccinoJak
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CappuccinoJak Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:48 pm

i've been getting a decent amount of summons at anor londo's 2nd bonfire, enough success to net me a torso stone!

i did meet someone who thought i was there to help, followed him to O&S's fog gate and killed him there. i was also summoned like a white phantom once...i spawned where dragonbro summons spawn but i was a white phantom. anyone know what's up with that? (it's only happened once so far)
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:52 pm

I've lost to dragon bros and a they leave, they'll drop an Item. I'm guessing it's a scale and they already have 99 so the system does it by itself. Same thing happens to me in the forest. I guess some people join just for the duels.
    CappuccinoJak
    CappuccinoJak
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CappuccinoJak Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:19 pm

Sloth9230 wrote:I've lost to dragon bros and a they leave, they'll drop an Item. I'm guessing it's a scale and they already have 99 so the system does it by itself. Same thing happens to me in the forest. I guess some people join just for the duels.

i love the duels! no phantoms to help them, unfortunately the summoner still has to deal w/ normal enemies. i can't tell you how many times i've seen the host accidentally backstep into a silver knight lol
    Aznul
    Aznul
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Aznul Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:45 am

That's odd, i have been playing for quite a while and I have never actually seen a dragonbro sign, even when I am carrying several scales.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:50 am

The failed invasion attempts interfere with them, so they're pretty hard to find.
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:57 am

Aznul wrote:That's odd, i have been playing for quite a while and I have never actually seen a dragonbro sign, even when I am carrying several scales.

I never saw a dragon mound sign till Oocalile Township
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:36 pm

Aznul wrote:That's odd, i have been playing for quite a while and I have never actually seen a dragonbro sign, even when I am carrying several scales.

I've only found two during the whole time I've played this game.

One was nice, but he killed me. The other grieved me. 😢

I guess this means 50% of dragonbros are mean. (LOL, just joking. I don't believe that.)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:17 am