Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+21
BIG TIME MASTER
Tolvo
reim0027
WandererReece
Argetlam350
IV_Mark_VI
Sentiel
Myztyrio
Ashran
Odinbear
Sloth9230
KingSeekerCow
WyrmHero
ChizFreak
argetlam213
The Letter X
Kyōkai
RANT
LunarFog
PlasticandRage
Rifter7
25 posters

what kind of players do you summon?

Poll

multiple choice.

[ 13 ]
    what kind of players do you summon? I_vote_lcap18%what kind of players do you summon? I_vote_rcap [18%] 
    [ 3 ]
    what kind of players do you summon? I_vote_lcap4%what kind of players do you summon? I_vote_rcap [4%] 
    [ 3 ]
    what kind of players do you summon? I_vote_lcap4%what kind of players do you summon? I_vote_rcap [4%] 
    [ 2 ]
    what kind of players do you summon? I_vote_lcap3%what kind of players do you summon? I_vote_rcap [3%] 
    [ 2 ]
    what kind of players do you summon? I_vote_lcap3%what kind of players do you summon? I_vote_rcap [3%] 
    [ 1 ]
    what kind of players do you summon? I_vote_lcap1%what kind of players do you summon? I_vote_rcap [1%] 
    [ 2 ]
    [ 8 ]
    what kind of players do you summon? I_vote_lcap11%what kind of players do you summon? I_vote_rcap [11%] 
    [ 5 ]
    what kind of players do you summon? I_vote_lcap7%what kind of players do you summon? I_vote_rcap [7%] 
    [ 12 ]
    what kind of players do you summon? I_vote_lcap17%what kind of players do you summon? I_vote_rcap [17%] 
    [ 3 ]
    [ 5 ]
    what kind of players do you summon? I_vote_lcap7%what kind of players do you summon? I_vote_rcap [7%] 
    [ 2 ]
    [ 10 ]
    what kind of players do you summon? I_vote_lcap14%what kind of players do you summon? I_vote_rcap [14%] 

Total Votes: 71
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

what kind of players do you summon? Empty what kind of players do you summon?

Post by Rifter7 Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:01 pm

hey so to all of you players that like to do co op pve.. when you see these types of players- and theres a choice- who do you summon?..

also.. i think i messed the poll up, sorry in advance if i did.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

what kind of players do you summon? Empty Re: what kind of players do you summon?

Post by PlasticandRage Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:04 pm

If I have a choice I summon whoever seems the most prepared for the area I'm in. For example, if I'm in New Londo, I'll favor people who look like they're spell casters, and so on. It seems like I tend to only get the option in certain places though, while in most I generally end up having to take what I can get, and save myself waiting around forever trying to be choosy.
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

what kind of players do you summon? Empty Re: what kind of players do you summon?

Post by LunarFog Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:05 pm

Since all my characters are usually low leveled, I summon whatever I can get. Which in most cases...isn't anyone.

I would've loved to have an SL 40 OP phantom helping me out with artorias last night
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:06 pm

No masks, no hollows soldier waistcloth, no claymores(unless its a knight cosplay) no bkga, no katanas. Armor I don't really care much, I always try to summon cosplayers even to the point of looking for them lol makes coop'ing way more fun.
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Rifter7 Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:12 pm

i usually roll with a chicken leg setup as a sunbro, and i leave my kat and gcrest with a mom mask on when i drop the sign.. i do swap to other weapons depending on what part of the level we're at tho and if the boss has a tail.

my guy looks ugly as sin. he's wearing chain armor people, so at a glance to a newer player he looks very weak even tho hes sitting at almost 2k health and over 300 defenses across the board.

i get summoned very often at sl 100, and probably 20% of the time the player sends me a neutral or positive message afterwords.

it kind of made me wonder if some players would actually pick someone who looks like they'd be good at pvp to trek thru the level with them...

Last edited by Rifter7 on Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Kyōkai
    Kyōkai
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Kyōkai Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:12 pm

RantFromRant wrote:No masks, no hollows soldier waistcloth, no claymores(unless its a knight cosplay) no bkga, no katanas. Armor I don't really care much, I always try to summon cosplayers even to the point of looking for them lol makes coop'ing way more fun.

no katanas
    I always try to summon cosplayers

ಠ_ಠ
    I take things the wrong way a lot lol.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:16 pm

If I see a room full of signs, I go to the Sunbros first. Having a cool armor setup adds, but I normally justsjust summon the first people I see.
    argetlam213
    argetlam213
    Regular
    Regular

Post by argetlam213 Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:25 pm

What's so bad about katanas?
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:29 pm

argetlam213 wrote:What's so bad about katanas?

A lot of people believe they are overpowered or provide easy wins in PvP. They are indeed a very popular choice in PvP.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:32 pm

I tend to summon people who seem to have good weapons or look like heavy casters, some examples: Katanas, Moonlight Greatsword, Dragon Weapons (not Drake Sword), Balder Side Sword, Big Weapons even when used by newbies work well.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:49 pm

I like to summon builds that complement mine. For example if I'm a sorcerer I tend to summon a tank build that has heavy armor and strong weapons. If I'm using a Str build I like to summon sorcerers. I always summon just 1 guy because it's enough for me.
    KingSeekerCow
    KingSeekerCow
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by KingSeekerCow Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:10 pm

If I am in an area that I see a lot of SS, I'll summon one if need be. . Most of the time though, I just leave my SS up if someone needs help. I always love more souls to spend winking
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:11 pm

Kyōkai wrote:
    RantFromRant wrote:No masks, no hollows soldier waistcloth, no claymores(unless its a knight cosplay) no bkga, no katanas. Armor I don't really care much, I always try to summon cosplayers even to the point of looking for them lol makes coop'ing way more fun.

no katanas

ಠ_ಠ

i actually have no idea what YOU mean lol
    the reason i dont summon katanas is because theyre the most overused weapons in the game. im sick of fighting them ALL the time in the arena(9 out of 10 people use them there which is why i topped going there, too boring) and cooping with them too. usually if someone is cosplaying as a ninja because it actualy looks cool.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:18 pm

Anyone really, I just use them as meat-shields silly
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:55 am

Someone has too much time on their hands. Elaborate meaningless polls. Hmmm
    Ashran
    Ashran
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Ashran Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:59 am

Always sunbros. As a sunbro i like being summoned and i do the same. Btw they are suposed to be the best at pve.
    Kyōkai
    Kyōkai
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Kyōkai Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:12 am

RantFromRant wrote:
    Kyōkai wrote:

no katanas

ಠ_ಠ

i actually have no idea what YOU mean lol
    the reason i dont summon katanas is because theyre the most overused weapons in the game. im sick of fighting them ALL the time in the arena(9 out of 10 people use them there which is why i topped going there, too boring) and cooping with them too. usually if someone is cosplaying as a ninja because it actualy looks cool.

Well, let me just reword my first post.

If I was cosplaying as, let's say Shana,Miyamoto Musashi, or perhaps, Snake Eyes, you wouldn't want to summon me? 😢

What I'm trying to say is that there are A LOT of characters that require katanas to cosplay.

Although of course, I get what you mean.

Last edited by Kyōkai on Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:18 am; edited 5 times in total
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:15 am

Ashran wrote:they are suposed to be the best at pve.

The other day a "sun-bro" killed Seath by spamming pyros. He didn't even try to get the sword, even though he was using it himself so he definitely knew about it :| . In hindsight, I probably should have messaged him before the fight, but c'mon; who isn't trying to get that tail?

Most sunbros are cool though, I sunbro myself when I'm not with the hunters.
    Ashran
    Ashran
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Ashran Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:58 am

Sloth9230 wrote:
    Ashran wrote:they are suposed to be the best at pve.

The other day a "sun-bro" killed Seath by spamming pyros. He didn't even try to get the sword, even though he was using it himself so he definitely knew about it :| . In hindsight, I probably should have messaged him before the fight, but c'mon; who isn't trying to get that tail?

Most sunbros are cool though, I sunbro myself when I'm not with the hunters.

Well, of course that can happen. Never forget the rosie video about griefing as a sunbro xD

I always try to get the items for the host, by guiding them or cutting tails.
    Myztyrio
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Myztyrio Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:12 am

What's the optimal level to make a co-op build for in which you'll get consistently summoned almost anywhere?
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:20 am

Luckily I had 3 spare MLGS'es, but I added him to my KOS hit-list just because he had no way of knowing that silly
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:22 am

Myztyrio wrote:What's the optimal level to make a co-op build for in which you'll get consistently summoned almost anywhere?

30's early game, 30-50 Sens and Anor Londo, 60-70 late game.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:10 am

I usually don't need help and when I summon, it's to keep me company while I clear the level.

Sunbros are the first I look for, because I think they mostly specialize in PvE, so the chances that they will run off from, or screw up horribly are lower.

As for the equipment, I prefer to look for players who seem either prepared for the level, or cosplayers. Clearing the level while cosplaying is a lot of fun. I've cleared a lot of the game in co-op while cosplaying, with one of the forum members...Isirith I think and we had a blast. But when I find a obvious newbie, like Drake Sword in Anor Londo, I summon them as well. They won't help me much, but I can help them. I can show them how to clear the area and perhaps give them some items.

However, if I see any Family Mask, Hollow underwear, or Giants armor (all unless cosplaying) I don't summon them. I dislike those and it looks silly to even watch them.

I also try to avoid Casters in non-DLC areas, because there's a high chance they will DB spam everything to death. That's boring over 9000.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:14 am

Ashran wrote:Always sunbros. As a sunbro i like being summoned and i do the same. Btw they are suposed to be the best at pve.

Not really, Pure casters can roflstomp everything in PvE easily. And best support guy always will be Princess Guard members. So the best party would be a pure caster that kills everything, and a Princess Guard that buffs and heals the party. No room for sunbro, unless the host is one what kind of players do you summon? 639795459
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Rifter7 Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:01 am

Odinbear wrote:Someone has too much time on their hands. Elaborate meaningless polls. Hmmm

what kind of players do you summon? 3207319737

that aside.. looks like the only person who'd summon any of my builds in this thread, given the choice, would be wyrm and kyo if i could convince them ninjas wore chainmail and no pants. haha hope you guys see my wss then, eh?

What's the optimal level to make a co-op build for in which you'll get consistently summoned almost anywhere?

sl 100 nets you some summons at nito, seath, boc, dlc and 4 kings.
    100-120 gets you a lot of ng+ runs so anywhere.

imo the ng+ runs are more fun than ng. the bosses are actually challenging to a group.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 7:23 am