Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+21
BIG TIME MASTER
Tolvo
reim0027
WandererReece
Argetlam350
IV_Mark_VI
Sentiel
Myztyrio
Ashran
Odinbear
Sloth9230
KingSeekerCow
WyrmHero
ChizFreak
argetlam213
The Letter X
Kyōkai
RANT
LunarFog
PlasticandRage
Rifter7
25 posters

what kind of players do you summon?

Poll

multiple choice.

[ 13 ]
    what kind of players do you summon? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap18%what kind of players do you summon? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [18%] 
    [ 3 ]
    what kind of players do you summon? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap4%what kind of players do you summon? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [4%] 
    [ 3 ]
    what kind of players do you summon? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap4%what kind of players do you summon? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [4%] 
    [ 2 ]
    what kind of players do you summon? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap3%what kind of players do you summon? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [3%] 
    [ 2 ]
    what kind of players do you summon? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap3%what kind of players do you summon? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [3%] 
    [ 1 ]
    what kind of players do you summon? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap1%what kind of players do you summon? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [1%] 
    [ 2 ]
    [ 8 ]
    what kind of players do you summon? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap11%what kind of players do you summon? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [11%] 
    [ 5 ]
    what kind of players do you summon? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap7%what kind of players do you summon? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [7%] 
    [ 12 ]
    what kind of players do you summon? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap17%what kind of players do you summon? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [17%] 
    [ 3 ]
    [ 5 ]
    what kind of players do you summon? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap7%what kind of players do you summon? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [7%] 
    [ 2 ]
    [ 10 ]
    what kind of players do you summon? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap14%what kind of players do you summon? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [14%] 

Total Votes: 71
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

what kind of players do you summon? - Page 2 Empty Re: what kind of players do you summon?

Post by IV_Mark_VI Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:35 am

I summon someone with gear appropriate for the level. Nothing less fun than summoning someone with elemental weapons or some other kind of over powered gear for the level and clearing it becomes no more difficult than ripping tissue paper.

Sometiems I BC them home if they carry that stuff; its not fun.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

what kind of players do you summon? - Page 2 Empty Re: what kind of players do you summon?

Post by PlasticandRage Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:31 pm

IV_Mark_VI wrote:I summon someone with gear appropriate for the level. Nothing less fun than summoning someone with elemental weapons or some other kind of over powered gear for the level and clearing it becomes no more difficult than ripping tissue paper.

Sometiems I BC them home if they carry that stuff; its not fun.

I forgot about that. I tend to BSC people that do that, unless I'm just another phantom. The other day I was summoned from the bonfire room in the Depths, and the host was summoning someone else as I was spawning. So the other guy shows up and just sprints right out the door the second he has control. I was just sticking with the host, who clearly was a noob, judging from his general behavior, just taking his time and exploring everything, and that's fine. If I'm a phantom and I get summoned by someone like that, I want to just stick with them and do what I can to protect em while they're experiencing the game. Anyway, the other guy just B-lined for the boss fog, completely leaving the host, and killing everything on the way. The host and I ended up running through most of the level without any enemies in it. Including the giant rat mini-boss. I think it was a pretty crappy thing to do. One of the worst phantoms I've ever seen.
    Argetlam350
    Argetlam350
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Argetlam350 Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:03 pm

Other Sunbros. After all Sunbro Covenant is all about helping others but really I will also summon other players but if I see a gold summon sign I'll summon them over a normal white one. We all want to Praise the Sun! XD
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:00 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:One of the worst phantoms I've ever seen.

They just want the souls man 🇳🇴
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:31 pm

RantFromRant wrote:No masks, no hollows soldier waistcloth, no claymores(unless its a knight cosplay) no bkga, no katanas. Armor I don't really care much, I always try to summon cosplayers even to the point of looking for them lol makes coop'ing way more fun.

In other words: not me. sad

I try to get one melee and one castor, but lately I have to take what I can get, because I can't find a lot of people anymore.

Once I was forced to go throught the first half of Anor Londo with one phantom. Another time I went through that whole level without being invaded.

The forest is almost the same way. There used to be TONS of signs on the ground. There were Xs because there were signs on top of signs. Now I only find about 4 signs at a time.

what kind of players do you summon? - Page 2 3596227959

No, It's not my soul level. I have problems at the same soul levels that used to have lots of online interaction and at the levels sugested on that co-op guide on the wiki.

Where did everyone go?
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:33 pm

WandererReece wrote:
    RantFromRant wrote:No masks, no hollows soldier waistcloth, no claymores(unless its a knight cosplay) no bkga, no katanas. Armor I don't really care much, I always try to summon cosplayers even to the point of looking for them lol makes coop'ing way more fun.

In other words: not me. sad

I try to get one melee and one castor, but lately I have to take what I can get, because I can't find a lot of people anymore.

Once I was forced to go throught the first half of Anor Londo with one phantom. Another time I went through that whole level without being invaded.

The forest is almost the same way. There used to be TONS of signs on the ground. There were Xs because there were signs on top of signs. Now I only find about 4 signs at a time.

what kind of players do you summon? - Page 2 3596227959

No, It's not my soul level. I have problems at the same soul levels that used to have lots of online interaction and at the levels sugested on that co-op guide on the wiki.

Where did everyone go?

I find that the servers have been acting up on Xbox lately. A lot of people with pristine connections have been having trouble.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:54 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:Anyway, the other guy just B-lined for the boss fog, completely leaving the host, and killing everything on the way.

I had someone do that to me, and it was halarious.

I summoned a white phantom, and he instantly ran ahead. Then I summoned a sunbro. We went to the boss, and didn't see a single enemy. Then we found the white phantom at the boss door almost dead. I entered the door without healing him. He healed himself and entered with the sunbro. We all droped down, and watched the white phantom sink into the abyss.

The white phantom was in such a hurry to get there that he forgot the ring! lol!
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:56 pm

Depends for me. If I'm in New Londo, I prefer someone who is set up for magic. If I'm in Oolacile, then I prefer someone who is set up for Strength. If I'm in a high ganking area, then I avoid Giant MoM BKGA phantoms.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:16 pm

Sloth9230 wrote:
    PlasticandRage wrote:One of the worst phantoms I've ever seen.

They just want the souls man 🇳🇴

If that's their motivation, then I think they're as dumb as their attitude is poopy. There are plenty of more effective ways to farm souls without ruining someone elses experience. I actually let him know what I thought of him at one point. He'd gone for the shortcut over the waterfall, and the host and I had gone into the pit with the basilisks instead. By the time we'd gotten into the heart of the basilisk area, he'd come down to see what was going on, sick of waiting I guess. So we were in the area with the big pit full of them, the one that leads to the ring of the evil eye, and he came up on the other side of the bars and starts spamming what kind of players do you summon? - Page 2 3477152822, so I walk up right on the other side and slam my Arty Sword against the bars, then give him what kind of players do you summon? - Page 2 3596227959, right in his face, then went back to protecting the host.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:23 pm

Had a guy do that to me in Oolacile. He took the elevator, while me and another guy went the long way. It didn't work out too well for him, there was an Invader down there silly

But yeah, I agree with Reim. Unless it's clearly a new guy, I'll just BC any phantoms that get in the way. If you charge at every enemy and get hurt in the process then I won't heal you, bosses are obviously an exception.

Last edited by Sloth9230 on Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:24 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:So we were in the area with the big pit full of them, the one that leads to the ring of the evil eye, and he came up on the other side of the bars and starts spamming what kind of players do you summon? - Page 2 3477152822.

What a ****. I'm surprised the host didn't kick him.

Once I summoned someone who did that to me. He refused to follow me and what kind of players do you summon? - Page 2 3477152822. Me and the other phantom what kind of players do you summon? - Page 2 3477152822to him. He still kept what kind of players do you summon? - Page 2 3477152822, so I used the BC to kick him. The other phantom, the one not being rude, messaged me, "LOL, he can do what he wants when he hosts."

I don't know why he refused to follow us. We were heading straight to the boss, and the shortcuts were open. It was in the painted world.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:29 pm

I generally reserve Beckon for when I'm guiding hosts to an item. If they clearly see it and ignore me, then I'll stop.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:49 pm

^ That's one of the only times I'll do it too. The only other I can think of is if we've been invaded, and I see the host walking into something dangerous that they aren't aware of. I think in my specific situation, the host was too new to be aware of the BSC. He was doing a lot of real nooby stuff.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:52 pm

Whoever is there, I don't really care. I just summon people to spread some souls around and have fun.

Unless I'm on NG+, then I look at their gear and see how min/maxed it is. The more so, the more likely I'll summon them. That doesn't mean though that if I see a mask and a grass crest, I'm going to just summon them. I believe in true min maxing.
    BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:06 pm

My priority is usually thus:

1. Sunbros/sisters
    2. Naked
    3. Available

I always figure if a player is nekked than they got skill.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:17 pm

It's a good thing I sometimes Co-Op in Dragon Form.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:26 pm

I always summon guys cos-playing as Artorias in Anor Londo, it's always funny watching them get knocked of the butresses.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:34 pm

Sloth9230 wrote:I generally reserve what kind of players do you summon? - Page 2 3477152822 for when I'm guiding hosts to an item. If they clearly see it and ignore me, then I'll stop.

Once I was helping my newbie friend in the lower burg. I was following him and he past the theif set. I what kind of players do you summon? - Page 2 3477152822him, and he stoped and looked at me. Then I broke the barrel and what kind of players do you summon? - Page 2 1447589260to the theif set. My friend messaged me, "LOL It looks like your pointing." I replied, "That's because I'm pointing to the pickup you past."

I laughed so hard at that. Too bad I didn't have the what kind of players do you summon? - Page 2 2707236321.

PlasticandRage wrote: I think in my specific situation, the host was too new to be aware of the BSC. He was doing a lot of real nooby stuff.

That's probably true. I recently learned you can use it to kick summoned reds.
    psychichobo
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by psychichobo Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:29 pm

I summon anyone who looks interesting, to be honest, or failing that someone in fairly low level gear on the offchance they might be a noob wanting help. Helped a Stone Knight not too long back, and also once found a guy who actually fought with Cestuses.

I tend to avoid naked people though. They're just showoffs and have a habit of leaving when bored.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:34 pm

WandererReece wrote:

PlasticandRage wrote: I think in my specific situation, the host was too new to be aware of the BSC. He was doing a lot of real nooby stuff.

That's probably true. I recently learned you can use it to kick summoned reds.

That's actually news to me too. Although I can't say that I've ever had reason to do it. I don't think I've ever summoned a red phantom that's given me anything other than the standup fight that I expected when I summoned them.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:31 am

I prefer a caster, and a person using the opposite kind of weapon as me. If I'm Dex, I'll pick a tank, and vice versa. I can't be too favorably disposed to sunbros in general, it doesn't make much of a difference in the long run whether someone joins the cov or not.
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:37 am

I like to be diverse.
    It's been well over 9 months since I've summoned anyone for a boss fight, but if I really needed to I would probably summon one mage for long-ranging a boss and then another dex player.
    It depends on what I'm using at the time, now that I think about it. If I'm using a dex build I want another dex player or maybe someone that has a faith build instead.
    WaffleGuy
    WaffleGuy
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by WaffleGuy Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:40 am

I pick someone who is - in my opinion - a different class, to make a diverse group. F.e.: if I'm a mage, I'd like to summon a cleric, strength build, dex build or archer/crossbow guy. I refuse to summon another mage silly
    WaffleGuy
    WaffleGuy
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by WaffleGuy Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:41 am

GrinTwist wrote:I like to be diverse.
    It's been well over 9 months since I've summoned anyone for a boss fight, but if I really needed to I would probably summon one mage for long-ranging a boss and then another dex player.
    It depends on what I'm using at the time, now that I think about it. If I'm using a dex build I want another dex player or maybe someone that has a faith build instead.

If only I wouldn't be so slow and read your comment first... xD

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 2:34 pm