Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Seignar
Automancer
6 posters

How do you cancel spell castings?

Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

How do you cancel spell castings? Empty How do you cancel spell castings?

Post by Automancer Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:33 pm

I've seen people do it and i think i asked here before but never got a clear answer. How do i do it? I only remember some people calling it 'toggle cancel' or something.
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

How do you cancel spell castings? Empty Re: How do you cancel spell castings?

Post by Seignar Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:45 pm

Spell cast cancelling can only be done while moving. You have to immediately turn the stick the opposite direction (While unlocked) and the player will pivot and cancel his/her animation. It is used very often with WoG to bait a roll as it confuses players since it can be done multiple times. The main usage is really just that: Confusion, since the sound and animations will appear it will cause people to roll and you can use this as mindgaming...
    Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Automancer Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:56 pm

So while i'm moving, i turn the left analog stick opposite to cancel?
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:01 pm

Yes, very quickly. Try casting a spell then doing it. If you see an animation and maybe even hear a spell case; then you did it.
    Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Automancer Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:07 pm

Ok, so i tried and it works with my GFB but it doesn't work for others like Combustion though.
    Unpopular Opinions
    Unpopular Opinions

Post by Unpopular Opinions Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:04 am

Tried this out with pyromancies, and I'm having trouble working it for combustion, Chaos Storm, and Fire tempest.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:10 am

Can this be done with any spell?

PS: +1 to Seignar for the explanation.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:14 am

Faster casting spells are harder to cancel, so combustion won't exactly work. I'm not sure about the tempest spells, but the actual "cast" as the game considers it might be at the end of the animation so it may count as faster.
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:37 am

I can cancel combustion, fire tempest, almost any spell from gravelord sword dance to dark bead can be canceled. The easy way though is to be sprinting and then go immediately turn around. It can be down without sprinting even on the faster spells however that takes a lot of practice and I'm sure that you'll find it easy to get the hang of a sprint cancel.
    Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Automancer Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:51 am

Unpopular Opinions wrote:Tried this out with pyromancies, and I'm having trouble working it for combustion, Chaos Storm, and Fire tempest.

I've managed to cancel the Tempest spells as well. I kind of feel that it's easier to cancel out those long ranged spells rather than the close ranged ones because of the difference in casting times.
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:26 am

Just practice it with sprinting and then see if you can (might not even be possible) without sprinting. I know for a fact that you can cancel great combustion while sprinting.
    Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Automancer Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:52 am

I wouldn't say that i canceled it but rather i 'negated' it? I did as told but there was no spell cast 'sound effect' for Combustion nor did the spell activate after i turned. I guess i'm doing it correctly?
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:24 pm

When sprinting I've noticed that if you do it immediately after casting sometimes not even the sound will play. You have about a second (more or less, depending on what spell it is). For example, sometimes if you cancel dark bead you'll get the darkness animation followed by the sound and other times you might only get the sound and so on.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:02 pm