Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+58
Sloth9230
Jiub of Carim
Nybbles
defacto
largestember
Yurkoon
Rudmed
ExecutionerTri
PlasticandRage
Myztyrio
cloudyeki
FlorisFreakshow
Murdeaulio
sjackson12
Murkulanvippi
Insane117
tinypantha
Brokewilly
Ubcmflt
DarkW17
dancash1808
Glutebrah
Baked_Blazer
EeAyEss
Johnthethird
Phoenix Rising
raecor14
TehInfamousAmos
Mr. Tart
billy_bayonet
T-King-667
GrinTwist
Kyōkai
kane3977
Espada Muerta
User1
ChizFreak
The Letter X
RANT
martyrsbrigade99
Lord of Ash
Slarg232
Seignar
Soris Ice Goldwing
aceluby
vatar5
reim0027
MyAwesomeAfro
FinPeku
Tolvo
N_Raist
DoughGuy
lorenzo110
hey its andres
Avenger649
Automancer
Jansports
Hydreigon11
62 posters

Reclaim the Forest. Defeat the gankers.

Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Reclaim the Forest. Defeat the gankers. - Page 4 Empty Re: Reclaim the Forest. Defeat the gankers.

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:45 pm

See this is exactly why I stay out of the forest, everyone says the other gank when in reality they both do! I get sick of the same thing over and over again. We all know that we can't "fix" the forest, but we can destroy those bad gankers here. I agree with Hydregion11: This is not a mission of righteousness, it is bloodlust. Now if you exsue(?) me I'm going to give anyone I invade in the forest a Harsh, Cold Death.
    T-King-667
    T-King-667
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Reclaim the Forest. Defeat the gankers. - Page 4 Empty Re: Reclaim the Forest. Defeat the gankers.

Post by T-King-667 Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:56 pm

Hydreigon11 wrote:
    T-King-667 wrote:
    Hydreigon11 wrote:
    T-King-667 wrote:cool *goes to forest alone to await forest hunters for some pvp* *two forest hunters invade* *they gang up on me and gank the hell out of me* the most hypocritical covenant in existence.

Have you ever tried being a forest bro, or even invading in the forest? The ridiculous amount of times we get ganked by newbs who don't wish to get better or learn pvp tactics, who get two of their buddies to use the cheapest, scummiest tactics available to kill you and then point down and act as if they are better than you, it's enough to drive anyone insane. But the forest hunters hunt invaders, some will gank others, like myself, will leave a host if he is already fighting a phantom. But 9/10 times we run into these pieces of you know whats that gank and annoy the hell out of us.

It's not a hypocritical covenant at all, the covenant is to hunt people who trespass on the grave of artorias, and predators hunt in packs.
    Yes i have been a part of the "Pack" before and yes i have encounterd gankers but 9/10 times? no maybe 3/10 for me? but thats besides the point im trying to make..Like you said, the covenant is made to hunt in packs and to gang up on the enemy. And i just find it ironic how the covenant thats made to hunt down others in packs is now complaining how they are being hunted by packs. Like they say, the forest is a place with no rules. I go in there and host alone at my own risk of being ganked by multiple forest hunters. You should invade at your own risk aswell. This is dark souls after all

I'm not complaining about being ganked, hell you could gank me all day long as long as you got better progressively. What I am sick of are the sheer amount of DUMB gankers in the forest. One occasion I parried this guy about three/four times with a set up parry yet he still spammed his zaphander like it was the weapon of the Gods. Another someone tried to outdamage my SLB'd Iaito with Quelaag's Furysword, and then tried once more when I invaded him again. This is what I want to attack, dumb people who aren't willing to learn PvP yet think that they are good at it. People who think that PvP is some playground where the fairies dance and prism stones rain down from the clouds. It irks me how so many people can think that they can do PvP because they can gank and how they are unwilling to learn or even get better at it, in the same way you would get better at PvE or in the same way you would get better at PvP in any other game.
    I wasent talking about you in particular or anybody in this thread, im talking about the forest covenant as a whole. And have you tried hosting in the forest alone as a non forest member? the mass majority of what invades you is what youve just stated, people running in with their zaphanders (loved how you put that btw) and their kellog swords its vitually the same thing dude.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:05 am

Looks like I'll be another one of those zaphander builds . . . Oh well. Hopefully I'll do it justice.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:15 am

Quick thing: Do we have a way to reconigze(?) each other if we invade the same person?
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:16 am

lorenzo110 wrote:Really people? Why cant you guys just play the game without having to resort to these constant failing ideas. Look from day one the forest has always been a place for anything goes fighting. Ganking happens on both ends. Period. End of story. If you do not believe this you are fooling yourself and being very ignorant. I have been both an invader and summoned player. I have invested thousands of hours in this game. As I did in DS and also have in DKS. Every single forum I have gone to always had this same notion and idea that they would be the ones to clean up the forest or kiln or any other place they had deemed horrible. Guess what folks its never happened and it never will buddy. Accept it and move on. Use the forest as other veteran players have, that being a test of your true skill. Instead of complaining about losing against 2 or 3 opponents challenge yourself to become a better all around player who can handle yourself in this situation. I did. And if you read previous posts from die hard veterans they have as well.

You see they have mastered a mind set that it takes to fight in the forest. They fight without a fear of losing. Which unfortunately many noobs just cant seem to accept. For them they always have to win and thus never improve because they refuse to challenge themselves against difficult situations such as fighting multiple opponents. I have had several past friends on my buds list just basically give up playing becuase all they could do was fight 1v1 battles and not fight 1v2 or 3s. They refused to challenge themselves and the skills they had becuase of their aversion to losing. Eventually they got tired of the game fast because of this and quit playing. You new players have to understand. You are playing a game advertised as being difficult...you will die..alot. Yet many of you get this notion that your unbeatable becuase you face mostly noob players at the lower levels that when you try to step up into the forest you come across higher level fighters who like to camp there and have a good anything goes fight. 2v2 or 2v3 or 1v2, ect. They have invested their time and gained their experiance that they play the game the way they choose to play it. Not the way you want them too. Remember you didnt buy this game for them, they bought it and can choose the way they want to play it. Now I understand you guys may feel this sense of honor. Good for you. At least you have something to fight for. But remember, when you refuse to challenge yourself as a player you will never become a fully rounded veteran. You will always be limited to only one aspect of game play in DKS. Thats 1v1.

Challenge yourself to be better then that. Not to prove to others but to prove to yourselves that you can compete and learn to improve and become a real all around fighter. If you want to stay at 120 sl becuase you love the advantages of builds then fine that is your choice. But its not everyones choice. Some prefer fighting high level japanese fighters to no holds bar battles that are true test of skill because they do not have the safety net of a build advantage or tactic. The difference between low level and high level fighting is so vast. Only those that have chosen to accept they challenge for themselves know this to be true. Its this mentality of pitch forks and revenge rage that at times is so childish and a bad reflection of the players who promote it. All DKS players know the areas of the game that are for 1v1 fighting and others that are just all out warfare. If not I would suggest to the new players to read the pvp area of this wiki so that they can tailor their on line experiance to their needs. But again I would state implicitly to you...challenge yourself. Becuase those of us who have experianced all aspects of this games pvp we dont have that mentality of wanting to clean up anything because we have survived it and can handle ourselves against it. We have conquered our fear of losing and accept the challenge thrown before us when we enter 1v2, 1v3, ect. It doesnt matter to us whether we win or lose its that we had excepted the challenge to prove to ourselves we can handle it. The only thing this gang mob mentality does is make things worse not better. From day one the forest has been a proving ground to those willing to accept its challenging pvp aspect. Nothing has changed since then about the forest. And nothing you new players and inexperianced players who have the aversion to challenge yourselves can change this. You should spend the time in changing yourself and your mindset. Challenge yourself. You may in the end suprise yourself. Just my opin.

I seriously refuse to read that big wall of text, no offense, but in response to the line marked in bold; Just because the attempt doesn't have much effect(or even any effect at all), doesn't make it a failure of an idea.
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:04 am

Hydreigon11 wrote:
    billy_bayonet wrote:ya no i was hosting in the forest on my onsies earlier, and the forest hunters kept ganking me.....you cant clean the forest up......its dirty for a reason

Eesh I'm not trying to clean the forest up, I know it's impossible but I wanted to make an event where we can all let loose our scummiest most vile, horrendous tactics known to us.I doubt this will have any effect, but even if I invade one person who thinks, hmm this guy was pretty good, maybe I should actually try some PvP then my mission will be done.

But don't misunderstand, this isn't a mission of righteousness, it's a mission of bloodlust.

Resorting to underhand tactics is the mark of a bad player, Beat them using honour, there tears taste even better then
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:11 am

billy_bayonet wrote:
    Hydreigon11 wrote:
    billy_bayonet wrote:ya no i was hosting in the forest on my onsies earlier, and the forest hunters kept ganking me.....you cant clean the forest up......its dirty for a reason

Eesh I'm not trying to clean the forest up, I know it's impossible but I wanted to make an event where we can all let loose our scummiest most vile, horrendous tactics known to us.I doubt this will have any effect, but even if I invade one person who thinks, hmm this guy was pretty good, maybe I should actually try some PvP then my mission will be done.

But don't misunderstand, this isn't a mission of righteousness, it's a mission of bloodlust.

Resorting to underhand tactics is the mark of a bad player, Beat them using honour, there tears taste even better then

I believe backstabbing is not honorable, does that mean I should not backstab them if I am outnumbered?
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:21 am

The Letter X wrote:
    billy_bayonet wrote:
    Hydreigon11 wrote:

I believe backstabbing is not honorable, does that mean I should not backstab them if I am outnumbered?

if you think its not honourable then dont do it, me i will backstab if they make a mistake or are just plains morons
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:27 am

Screw it... http://mmdks.com/ccn Pyrolocking etc;
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:30 am

There are certain times I need to step out of my boundaries to handle gankers since I am so strict with myself. Basically everything I see in the Forest is outside of my personal honor code, and I can't change what other people do. That's why I start backstabbing or attacking on sight in the Forest.

I don't know what you consider underhand, but gankers, and Forest Hunters, use whatever they can to survive.
    Hydreigon11
    Hydreigon11
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Hydreigon11 Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:14 am

Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:Quick thing: Do we have a way to reconigze(?) each other if we invade the same person?

It's in the first post I think, we'll use the look skyward gesture or it would be much easier if everyone involved left their gamertags/usernames here so I could add it to the list. If you see someone doing the look skyward gesture send em a message asking if they are part of the forums, I guess that would be the only way for it to work if people don't leave their gamertags/usernames.
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:28 am

become gankers to get rid of the gankers, well i don't see this backfiring, i'm in big grin
    Hydreigon11
    Hydreigon11
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Hydreigon11 Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:51 am

Nice to see this many people are willing to fight with this. Please guys leave your usernames/gamertags so we can see who are invading with us in the name of this cause. And your platforms.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:52 am

360 - The Letter X
    Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Automancer Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:17 pm

I really don't see the need to argue over what's right or wrong. This is merely an event for us to have fun. I believe it's fine for us to step out of our comfort zone once in a while and try something different.

So what if it's dishonorable? It's not like any of us won't do it if given the opportunity. It's simply a small matter of give and take. If some of these honorable guys don't like the way we do things, then Ok. But don't force opinions on us when we're just having some fun. The enemy of my enemy is my friend. Peace.
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:20 pm

I don't see why the "honorable" ones complain so much if they're so good at killing gankers. silly
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:00 pm

I look at PvP as 3 categories, with 3 different "rules of engagement".

First is duels. This is more of a controlled fighting and should have more strict rules of engagement (where to draw the line is impossible to be clear)

Second is invading questers. Anything goes. They can do anything they want to stay alive. And, I'll reply in kind. Nothing is off limits and everything is fair.

Third is invading jumpers/gankers. People that are there waiting for you to spawn and will jump you on the spot. Anything still goes, but their purpose is different, so their methods are more infuriating. These are the people I hunt in the forest. And, I'm glad they are there in the forest. When they are expected and PvP is based around them, it is great to design and implement ways to overcome them. So, gankers, gank/jump away in the forest. 'Cause us catbros are comin' at you!

EDIT: in case the above wasn't specific enough, I'm in. PSN, SL 380 and probably 100.
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:08 pm

Just a note to everyone: be sure to have a bleed weapon ready and available as I can almost guarantee that we will run into at least a few hackers.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:10 pm

For the XBox, mainly, I asssume.
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:14 pm

reim0027 wrote:For the XBox, mainly, I asssume.

But of course Look Skyward
    Hydreigon11
    Hydreigon11
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Hydreigon11 Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:15 pm

hey its andres wrote:Just a note to everyone: be sure to have a bleed weapon ready and available as I can almost guarantee that we will run into at least a few hackers.

Aren't there hacks that freeze health rendering bleed impossible? Or is this PC only?
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:17 pm

I've heard of that too. So, be sure to bring your Force, WoG dead angles, and other tricks to knock them off the ledge.
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:20 pm

Just started using the Life Hunter Scythe, so I'm not too worried about that.

Need to swap to a new armor set, though. Going to be Catbroing it up a bit for some more xp in PVP, and since the Headless Horseman (Onion Head with Artorias Armor) only looks good while red..... Not sure what I should go with.
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:06 am

Hydreigon11 wrote:If anyone has their builds ready for New Year's day/is available for that day then feel free to invade in the name of a first wave. Personally, I won't be available (New year's party) but I know some of the guys here were willing to go for New year's.

I'll be invading on Bew Year's (XBL) will anybody else be ready?
    Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Automancer Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:17 am

I'm on the PS3 though. I'm up for it at any time. PSN ID - bluebee898

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 11:20 pm