Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
Nybbles
reim0027
isthefridge
Rudmed
Rin
Dark Spirit EliteBiker20
Lancelot
GrinTwist
Heroez Blade
cloudyeki
DoughGuy
Slarg232
IV_Mark_VI
17 posters

Nothing but Gankers in the forest?

IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Nothing but Gankers in the forest? Empty Nothing but Gankers in the forest?

Post by IV_Mark_VI Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:51 am

Tried joining the forest covenant tonight... and wow. It's bad in the forest. Every single fight is gankers. Are they planning to fix this in the patch? Or do something to make multiplayer more fun?
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Nothing but Gankers in the forest? Empty Re: Nothing but Gankers in the forest?

Post by Slarg232 Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:56 am

IV_Mark_VI wrote:Tried joining the forest covenant tonight... and wow. It's bad in the forest. Every single fight is gankers. Are they planning to fix this in the patch? Or do something to make multiplayer more fun?

That's what the Forest is, unfortunately. A Lawless fight zone.

But yes, the MP should be fixed, or at least that is what they are claiming. I think it's only for the DLC areas, though...
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:56 am

Welcome to the forest!
    How would they fix it in a patch? People gank in the forest. The FH kill gankers. Thats what it is now.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:58 am

Now you see, the power of the hunters. Why do you think the forest hunters are the most insane/badass?
    Heroez Blade
    Heroez Blade
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Heroez Blade Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:01 am

There has been many accounts of people constantly ganking in the forest. It is a problem but i dont think it is worth patching. People will gank anywhere, its just how they play. I am not trying to be mean about this but i have heard it many times.

You could always try going to a new area or tanking the gankers, but either way it will continue to happen. It has even moved to the burg which was thought to be the most honorable are to pvp.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:11 am

Nay, you should learn how to handle the gankers. The forest hunter way twisted
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:15 am

I disagree, somewhat, you can get some honorable fights in the forest, but it's rare. Even then the chances are another blue phantom is going to be summoned and interrupt your 1v1.

Sooner or later you will start getting used to the amount of gankers around there and how to beat them. I'm still learning right now, but it feels good when you stop the gankers and receive their beautiful hate mail. sad Makes me feel so happy on the inside. twisted
    Lancelot
    Lancelot
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Lancelot Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:20 am

Try the Painted World. I'm there currently and getting good 1v1 fights. It's fun to hide in the trees.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:20 am

dude, lancelot. Nice avatar. What's it from?
    Dark Spirit EliteBiker20
    Dark Spirit EliteBiker20
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Dark Spirit EliteBiker20 Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:21 am

There is no way to patch this, unless they make a 2-player multiplayer only. Or you could make it a single player game, but that would ruin the whole aspect of using games like this as a way of making friends, and you cant forget about jolly cooperation.
    Rin
    Rin
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Rin Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:54 am

Ok... As an old member of the hunters and a member of the noble MiT it shames me to say this and do try to hold in your hate but in no way can i hate the gangers, you know why??

I spent about half a day in the forest about 3 days ago i got invaded by at most 300 players and everyone of them ganged on me i never encountered a hunter that waited, only dw seemed to wish for a fair fight... so sorry to say this as i have no idea if it was my luck but i vade more 'fair' players as a hunter sad
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:00 am

Rin it's a horrible war of Grey vs Gray. No one knows who started this Lens-Gank race, but we all know that it ain't stopping any time soon.
    Lancelot
    Lancelot
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Lancelot Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:58 am

cloudyeki wrote:dude, lancelot. Nice avatar. What's it from?

FLCL, or Fooly Cooly. Look it up, it's good.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:04 am

There is no way that is suppose to be official art. I know FLCL, and if it's supposed to be either Atomsk or Atomsk infused Naota then that is a super badass version. Not that either wasn't, but that avatar is AWESOME.
    Lancelot
    Lancelot
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Lancelot Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:08 am

It's Naota with the power of Atomsk. I'm a long-time fan of the anime.
    Rudmed
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Rudmed Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:13 am

Slarg232 wrote:
    IV_Mark_VI wrote:Tried joining the forest covenant tonight... and wow. It's bad in the forest. Every single fight is gankers. Are they planning to fix this in the patch? Or do something to make multiplayer more fun?

That's what the Forest is, unfortunately. A Lawless fight zone.

But yes, the MP should be fixed, or at least that is what they are claiming. I think it's only for the DLC areas, though...

They're going to have a PvP based area, I believe. I'm sure that won't stop invading in other places like the forest for those that want to do it old school.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:14 am

See, Now I wanna see the artist' who drew this, because that is good fanart right there.
    Lancelot
    Lancelot
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Lancelot Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:16 am

cloudyeki wrote:See, Now I wanna see the artist' who drew this, because that is good fanart right there.

http://tinyurl.com/9admll9
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:29 am

big grin thanks. Canti is the best!
    Lancelot
    Lancelot
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Lancelot Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:31 am

The whole last battle is epic, really.

Also, if you can't handle the gankers, I would really consider just adopting a new area, such as the Burg or Painted. The Kiln is decent as well for 1v1.
    isthefridge
    isthefridge
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by isthefridge Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:08 am

its very rewarding killing two gankers. I usually make myself visible and wait to see if they both make a move towards me. if both come at me i make my way to a bridge to narrow the fight. I Stun lock until death. doesnt always work, but it has had some success.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:25 am

Mark - that's the beauty of being a Forest Hunter. You are hunting gankers. Very rewarding to kills those people compared to some random. Also, if you hold on long enough, reinforcements usually arrive. Then you can divide and conquer.

It is a tough job, for sure. But, rewarding as well.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:48 am

Well my build sure as heck isn't helping anything. Cosplaying Ornstien; currently have 23 VIT/38END/27STR/40DEX 10 ATT, 16 FTH rest are base. Using nothing but the DSS, two handed obviously.

It actually works very well in 1 on 1 duels, although the range is completely outmatched by the Demon spear. But against gankers... fails. And no spells to back me up either.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:56 am

Use yuo environment, fight them in a narrow area like th bridges. Dont allow them to circle you, keep them in front. Use the rolling r1 when you can for its sweep. Harass them with it. Remember fighting gankers is as much about wasting their time as it is winning.
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:07 am

at least in the forest you can expect a fight every time…unlike in Anor Londo where the invaders are all pansies and run for the giant sentinels to hide behind.

the forest is the best free-for-all, balls to wall PVP in the game, no matter what side you're on.

i still remember the first time i went there, not knowing what was about to happen. needless to say, i got murdered relentlessly by hunters. i was too scared to go back there for the longest time. then i got some good gear and made it to a high level and went back for revenge.

eventually i joined the cov. and lost my fear of dying (desensitized i guess).

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 12:11 am