Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
Nybbles
reim0027
isthefridge
Rudmed
Rin
Dark Spirit EliteBiker20
Lancelot
GrinTwist
Heroez Blade
cloudyeki
DoughGuy
Slarg232
IV_Mark_VI
17 posters

Nothing but Gankers in the forest?

DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Nothing but Gankers in the forest? - Page 2 Empty Re: Nothing but Gankers in the forest?

Post by DoughGuy Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:10 am

Free pvp against a bunch of foes who only know to BS fish and there are no penalties for dying? With an infinite level range? Sign me up silly
    Alara78
    Alara78
    Addicted
    Addicted

Nothing but Gankers in the forest? - Page 2 Empty Re: Nothing but Gankers in the forest?

Post by Alara78 Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:04 pm

I actually made my first Forest Hunter 2 weeks ago and have had great succes with it.

Minimal stats for wielding a Falchion, 40 End, and 99 Vit.

Full Black Iron Armor +5
    Chaos Falchion +5
    RoFaP
    DWGR

I, more often then not, win matches against 2 or even 3 enemies in the Forest with this build. I realize this is pretty much just a cookie cutter Elemental/Vit build, but is works wonders in the forest.

When I invade a world where the host and a phantom are just waiting for invaders and I am alone, I just let them chase me around the forest till another invader comes to back me up.
    Sometimes my fellow invader will die right away and leave me to fend off the host and his phantom(s). When this happens I always try to concentrate on the host.
    Always throw a Loyd's Talisman at them before you engage them, for they WILL flask to keep the phantoms and themselves alive.

I think the host usually gets careless when they see me holding a little itty-bitty Falchion, thinking I'm no match for their Greatswords. However, with me having 81 poise, I don't stun easily and before they get their 2nd hit in, I already hit them about 5-6 times, stunning or even killing them happy

Also, with the speed of the Falchion i mostly don't get chain-bs'd. I just start spamming R1 as soon I stand up and will hit the ganker before they can backstab me, usually stunning them again.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:43 pm

Interesting. Is there a thread on anti-ganking builds and techniques?
    Frostacar
    Frostacar
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Frostacar Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:01 pm

I have a few accounts that go Forest Hunting, I really like when the Players I invade haven't killed the 3 Cats in the forest and I lead them there only for them to be demolished its especially funny for higher level people. Ahhh but that's how I usually use the forest, Other then that I'm always getting killed by people with a buddy -_-...
    dianaduh
    dianaduh
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by dianaduh Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:54 pm

something i found interesting
    the firsts invasions that my sl 120 did at the forest werent at gankers worlds
    that was really surprising cause my 200 always get gankers, this has never happened before
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:18 pm

IV_Mark_VI wrote:Interesting. Is there a thread on anti-ganking builds and techniques?
    Check out the glory for alvina threads in the ToG and covenants section.
    Jester's Tears
    Jester's Tears
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Jester's Tears Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:20 pm

cloudyeki wrote:Now you see, the power of the hunters. Why do you think the forest hunters are the most insane/badass?

Ohohohoho no no no NO. DARKWRAITHS ARE BETTER.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:33 pm

Jester's Tears wrote:
    cloudyeki wrote:Now you see, the power of the hunters. Why do you think the forest hunters are the most insane/badass?

Ohohohoho no no no NO. DARKWRAITHS ARE BETTER.
    lol! Really? Come hang with us for a bit twisted
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:35 pm

Aye, we're always looking for more Dark Wraiths to hang with in our lovely forest.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:25 am

Darkwraiths go both ways in the forest. I can't trust them, unfortunately.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:42 am