Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+22
dancash1808
Juutas
mrbeckham87
T-King-667
Joichiro
swordiris
Forum Pirate
Spurgun
Knight Alundil
skarekrow13
Bamjam
Odinbear
bunnywink
DamageCK
cloudyeki
bloodpixel
DoughGuy
retro
FruitPunchNinja
LordRevan
RandelOolacile
JohnIII
26 posters

Forest Gankers Doubleteaming and using noob tactics

JohnIII
    JohnIII
    Casual
    Casual

Forest Gankers Doubleteaming and using noob tactics Empty Forest Gankers Doubleteaming and using noob tactics

Post by JohnIII Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:35 pm

This isn't the case for all people who hang around in the forest for PVP, but some people really get on my nerves. It's always 2 people with really heavy great-swords or axes and wearing those masks of the child who do lag-switch and use noob tactics, and even attack while I am down. I find it really annoying. Anybody share my experience?
    RandelOolacile
    RandelOolacile
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Forest Gankers Doubleteaming and using noob tactics Empty Re: Forest Gankers Doubleteaming and using noob tactics

Post by RandelOolacile Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:39 pm

What are lag switches?

On topic, though. Yeah, you're describing every other bout for me. =/
    JohnIII
    JohnIII
    Casual
    Casual

Forest Gankers Doubleteaming and using noob tactics Empty Re: Forest Gankers Doubleteaming and using noob tactics

Post by JohnIII Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:42 pm

Anyway, I'm making a new character meant entirely for PVP, and I plan to get revenge.

Also I hate it when I bow and then some douche in the mask of a child either pelts me with lightning bolts, or backstabs me. And then they do that annoying point down thing at me.
    LordRevan
    LordRevan
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by LordRevan Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:47 pm

You should be more careful with bowing then.

Don't bow if someone is running at you, or is really close.

Either bow at a long distance, or back step when they approach and try to keep distance if they stop for a few seconds then bow. Or just wait for them to bow first.

Also Forest is not a bow friendly area so I would advise being very cautious with bowing there in particular.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:20 am

lol! "Anybody share my experience?". Welcome to Dark Souls. First off, forest is not a good place to pvp if you want an honorable 1vs1 fight. Forest has NO rules, ANYthing goes. Technically thats true for anywhere in the game, but most players try and treat certain areas(burg/kiln) as "dueling" areas meant for 1vs1. My advice, dont get too worked up about it. With some practice you will be able to win a 3vs1, and feel damn good about it. While they dont get any better, cause all they do is play on easy mode hosting with their buddys. DLC will apparently have a pvp "arena" im very excited to see how they implement this.
    retro
    retro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by retro Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:41 am

I've learned to love the forest! I have a level 76 Darkmoon character that sometimes invades or goes human to allow invasions.

Being human is the most fun. About half the fights I get are fair*, the other half are players hiding amongst enemies or trying their hardest to gang up on me. I expect the latter so I don't get mad about it as well. Sometimes the less-fair fights turn into incredibly fun situations anyways. I never summon other players to gang up on invaders, which also probably gives invaders the kind of fight they want.

*Since I'm not going by the standard of typical duels, I probably have a wider-tolerance for what's considered fair. Any gear / item combo is fine. Any spell combo is fine, as long as one type isn't overstocked. Healing never bothers me (well, divine blessings kind of do)- I won't unless the other player heals first . If I'm fighting two people at once and kill one off, I'll heal myself and allow the other player to do the same if they want to (restarting the match, in a way).

I play on my own terms of what I consider to be honorable, but I don't have a needlessly complicated set of arbitrary rules that I expect other players to follow. It keeps the forest very enjoyable.

Last edited by retro on Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:49 am; edited 1 time in total
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:44 am

If you go down to the woods today you're in for a big surprise,
    Three gankers stuck their swords in you, you're gonna quickly die.

NEVER bow in the forest unless the host bows first. If you enter into a gank go all out on them, no mercy. If you die simply look away from the screen (I forum while I FH so whenever I die I just check the forum) and you wont even notice their taunting.
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:12 am

Welcome to Dark Souls PvP.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:15 am

Take it from me. It may seem rough, but revenge makes it all the sweeter. Being a hunter isn't easy but it's rewarding to burn 3 masked fools to a crisp for Alvina.
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:42 am

Forest invading is a refined skill, but if you can PvP there, you can do it anywhere.
    bunnywink
    bunnywink
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning!

Post by bunnywink Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:39 am

Ahhh, I always have homing crystal soulmass on my character when I get invaded and one time this guy bowed at me and since he was so close, it set off my homing crystals and killed him and I felt so terribleeeeeee. I'm sorry!
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:58 am

Just started this forest pvp and 18 out of 19 invasions are into scenarios you described, beat downs. But occasionally, get summoned in to a 1v1 by a somewhat honorable person. For ex. Last night invaded and the guy was wearing the ROF and had killed No enemies in the area, so I run to the flat spot just b4 Alvina and stand there. He freeking shoots me in the head with an arrow from over near the entrance, then steps out. We fight and he NEVER aggros the NPCS. Good entertaining fight tho, of course I die, but he was close. Next invasion, same guy. ( this time I don't get shot in the head)

Not the first GOOD MATCH, But to show there are some.

What I don't get is, How much fun is running over to a spawning invader and 2 peeps pelting away. Or 2 peeps running at you setting you up for a lag BS. Also betting these guys are glitch ing.
    Bamjam
    Bamjam
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Bamjam Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:52 am

Just do as me and counter the gankers with there own lame tactics. I started using twop for 1v2-3 fights since it makes the job much more easy lol. combine that with a SLB murakumo+ hornets and some force backstabs and its game over for them.
    And when i use twop to kill em they send me hatemail lol.
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:38 am

TWOP? (I know i can try this b4 asking but...) once a Forest Hunter spawns, can you switch out the cat cov ring?
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:40 am

Tranquil walk of peace. Stops you raunning and rolling.
    You can swap the cat cov ring out as soon as the invasion message pops up.
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Odinbear Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:53 am

Oh, that! no defense except to stay away from whomever cast the miracle.
    been seeing it more and more in the forest.
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:12 am

Forest is super dirty. I don't go in there without a build that can dole out 2k+ damage in a matter of seconds. I recommend Hornet Ring, or pyro build with BDCR/Dusk Crown, or 50 faith/a bunch of WoG/DM talisman/weapon buff. Those are probably the easiest ways I can think of to deal with the gank.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:45 am

Heh heh heh,, come visit me and my friendly trees. That? That's just a bit of lemon zest on a farming implement.....no worries
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:54 am

Hahaha. Touche.
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:15 am

When I started in the forest (when I was a big noob) I always figured it was ok because they were just farming souls to upgrade and level up, but once I realised most are glitchers or modders it totally baffled me!! I don't get the point in spending money, and the precious seconds we have on this earth doing that. I just straight up don't get it.

I was involved in ganking once without realising. Was playing with a friend who kept running ahead and killing them as soon as they spawned while I ran behind desperately trying to say "hey can I take this one?". I pretty quickly told him to *** off.
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:27 am

Seriously though. How is that fun? I also don't get it.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:29 am

DamageCK wrote:Forest is super dirty. I don't go in there without a build that can dole out 2k+ damage in a matter of seconds. I recommend Hornet Ring, or pyro build with BDCR/Dusk Crown, or 50 faith/a bunch of WoG/DM talisman/weapon buff. Those are probably the easiest ways I can think of to deal with the gank.

I used a +15 zwei buffed with SLB a while. With hornet ring i would OHK anyone. But it was a boring.
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:58 pm

I can enjoy doing that as long as I keep in mind that they've probably been doing it to Hunters all day. Then I'm feeling all righteous and such. Haha.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:44 pm

I actually like fighting gankers.

Oh you have buddies do you? Bring it on then, lets see if they can stop me purging your guilty soul. *grins and tightens grip on controller*
    swordiris
    swordiris
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by swordiris Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:35 am

Just a question.

What is the definition of a ganker?

only ran across the terminology after joining the forum

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 6:10 pm