Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
reim0027
Forum Pirate
Ghadis_God
AzureCrow
IV_Mark_VI
9 posters

Forest Covenant Gankers

IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Forest Covenant Gankers Empty Forest Covenant Gankers

Post by IV_Mark_VI Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:53 pm

This isn't another rant.

I always host in the forest (almost always) and many people in the forest gang up. This is normally OK and I try to fight them both, as I have no idea what their level is, and usually I'm higher level (currently 135). But if I wound one, and he backs off and heals while I'm fighting the other... normally I start to lose hope, and dash for the fog gate.

If I get to the fog gate, and go through, I count that as a win. I've had some taunting messages, but I feel that the forest covenants role is to protect Grave Defilers; if I make it to Sif, I count that as a win.

Thoughts? Comforts me greatly happy
    AzureCrow
    AzureCrow
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Forest Covenant Gankers Empty Re: Forest Covenant Gankers

Post by AzureCrow Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:53 pm

I fully support you the fog gate is a hosts win. cheers It's a sad fact but a lot of people just give up on dueling after the myriad of soul crushing defeats that is forest hunting. Also I've always found at higher levels a single host is far more threatening than a pair of gankers because they're almost always pros. I'd just chalk it up to an invader who desperately wants his 3 kills and clearly they feel threatened by you Praise the Sun
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:34 pm

I always duel in the forest if the host is alone (hunter here) but misunderstandings can happen. If I'm dueling and someone else invades and tries to gank, I'll back off, but it's hard to get the host to trust me, sometimes they rush me in an attempt to finish the fight, assuming I'll gank. I tend to run far away and watch the new fight from a distance cause the hosts are usually so mistrustful.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:56 pm

Course we are, If we're not we get backstabbed. I intentionally force both invaders to engage me if I don't trust them, its easier to keep track of both that way.

To many times have I let someone back off when a second invader shows only to get bsed or take a css to the face.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:57 pm

Even when I nail them, it's hard to keep on one when he's playing pure defence.

Need to get a weapon that dead angles so I can smack them down even when they're defensive hiding behind a shield, or get a WoG or some such.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:27 pm

IV_Mark_VI wrote:Even when I nail them, it's hard to keep on one when he's playing pure defence.

Need to get a weapon that dead angles so I can smack them down even when they're defensive hiding behind a shield, or get a WoG or some such.
    Mura. 'nuff said.
    goober0331
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by goober0331 Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:41 pm

This is why you should just invade.

You got nothing to lose but something to gain. Why host when you can die and loose humanity, but can invade and at the worst die and collect you souls, while not losing human form.

Unless your desire is to gangbang/gank then just invade.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:57 pm

Nah, I just like hosting because FC members have enough issues with gankers.
    dianaduh
    dianaduh
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by dianaduh Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:06 am

It's just hard, you can't trust anyone in dark souls, otherwise you can get your *** kicked
    even when you think you got a decent host in the middle of the fight he runs to the artorias door to summon someone
    in the forest this is the rule: kill or get ganked
    xSomax
    xSomax
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xSomax Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:07 pm

i have a funny story bout these guys actually. one guy invaded, so i hid down on the path to the waterfall, ready to WoTG at a moments notice. after a few seconds, a SECOND dude invades. they proceed to kill eachother off, i get 20000 souls, laugh, and in my utter stupidity, walked up into the area. i tried to clear out an ent that was annoying me,(i had almost full health) and then, as i kill the ent, the guy runs up and backstabs me for my entire healthbar. 25 vit plus a RoFaP. i just sat there thinking how stupid i was XD
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:11 pm

I love grudge matches in the forest. I'll be in the forest waiting when a blue and red pop up together, gesture at each other and then beat the ever loving **** outta each other while I sit back watching. I've seen enough of them that I don't question why they do it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:38 am