Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
LunarFog
Kyōkai
User1
WandererReece
passivefamiliar
DoughGuy
Fossil
WaffleGuy
Forum Pirate
barrywilkins
PlasticandRage
sjackson12
16 posters

Covenants we need

Djem
    Djem
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Covenants we need - Page 2 Empty Re: Covenants we need

Post by Djem Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:01 pm

Because this is the Covenant we deserve, but not the Covenant we need.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:30 pm

Serious_Much wrote:I think that using phantoms as your personal snowplow is pretty ****, though i admit i don't exactly bc out, and i always farm and pack some humanity so i know i can heal myself, i pretty muuch never expect my host to heal me, even though in an ideal world they should.

To clarify, I don't see them as my snowplow. I see them as a temporary, "brother in arms."

It just urks me when I get a phantom, especially a Sunbro, who refuses to fight. Then it urked me further when I posted that and almost all the responses stated I was wrong and sided with that lazzy, useless Sunbro who refused to lift a finger.

TO GET THIS THREAD BACK ON TOPIC......

There needs to be a covenant linked to sorcery. The dragon clan were screaming to have white dragon breath as a loyalty spell like lightning spear.. but oh well from missed a trick.

I don't think that spell belongs with the dragons, but we definetly need a sorcery covenent. They made I think 4 faith covs, 1 phyro cov, and 0 sorcery covs. Why?
    xSomax
    xSomax
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xSomax Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:12 am

i think there should be a covenant for priscilla and sif. thats just me talking though. they are both heavily neutral characters, with little to no reason to fight them(none unless you want the souls of the bosses, or priscilla's dagger, the exception being the covenant of artorias). for priscilla's you would simply guard the painted world, or more accurately, priscilla. think of it as something like the boss fights in demon souls, where you could play as the bosses if the conditions were right. in this covenant, you would fight the invader instead of priscilla, who would stand back until either your victory or defeat. winning would gain you an item of some sort, maybe one of priscilla's scales(Not for use on dragon weapons), that once you get the desired amount, you rank up. you would get increasingly powerful bleed weapons, as an alternative to killing her for her soul, and maybe an item to resist bleed, and ice, like an armor made using some of her scales. benefits would include the hawk-lady's not attacking you.

sifs would be simpler. an alternate means to get the covenant of artorias. same system as priscilla, but instead you gain something along the lines of "mark of sifs trust" a stone he would give you for helping him, or maybe stealing an ear like in diablo 2 "bloody trophy of victory". get high enough and he'll give you the ring, as well as other benefits.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:15 am

I wish there was a covenant that let you take control of enemies in another player's world, culminating with playing as the boss against them. It would have to be balanced well, but I think it would be really cool.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:01 am

Wanderer reece: That spell is directly linked to a specific dragon- seath. I wasn't suggesting that it be just linked to the dragon cov, but i do think a trade off of seath's soul for the spell would have been a good idea (this presuming the fact that every boss should yield a soul that at least provides a weapon or spell)

Ghadis that is a popular idea, the only problem is if you sart encountering guys on ng+ and above you'll take control of enemies with crazy health. I'd feel sorry for my opponent if I was lucky enough to control an NG+7 darkwraith, it wouldn't be a contest at all.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:42 am

True, but the host should be equipped to deal with NG+7 at that point. Besides, DW invaders shouldn't be fair game for that. Like Gravelording, it only gets harder for the unlucky victim on higher NG+'s.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:43 am

....Equipped to deal with ng+7? its not like you get bonus levels on your equipment on higher ngs..

I meant darkwraith as in the mob, not the covenant. if you could take control of one of them on higher NGs it would be a tad unfair.. the darksword has a really good moveset and the attack power of a darkwraith mob on higher ngs is pretty crazy.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:56 pm

Yeah, that's true. They can't roll though and ought to have a cooldown like the normal enemies do.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:47 pm