Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

First shot at 50 Int

Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

First shot at 50 Int Empty First shot at 50 Int

Post by Jansports Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:37 pm

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=242038882476760359

I've always been a Pyro kind of guy, I like many dex weapons and learning to use GFBs and such unlocked really improved my play.

I have never used Sorcery in PvP, notably White Dragon's Breath, and a quick shout out to Marty's video's for showing me what the mlgs r2s can accomplish with unlocked aiming.

I know dark sorcs tend to get some flak for how strong bead can hit point blank, and maybe having it attuned will just teach me bad habits but it's a tool and I want to learn to use the whole spectrum of sorceries without relying too hard to the MLGS (which I know I can do work with from my MLVelka 120 build) So I left END low enough that I can't swing too greedily.

I'm still unendingly boring with my armor, I wear that set on a lot of characters because it's light offers decent defence and goes to 53 poise with wolf's. But I'm quite open to tweaks/fixes that would better facilitate me not regressing into greatsword swings and sticking to the plan of "learn to use magic to win a fight"
    Hydreigon11
    Hydreigon11
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

First shot at 50 Int Empty Re: First shot at 50 Int

Post by Hydreigon11 Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:49 pm

I know you want to investigate all sorceries, but I'd use pursuers as little as possible, also I'd suggest packing either a pyro flame or a non magic weapon for all those mage haters out there, you know the ones that use GMB and maybe sometimes SLB (definitely not me mate silly). What I've found is that packing a pyro flame makes you so much more powerful up front and personal. Also shock people with your swordplay since most mages (Xbox) suck at fighting with swords, so use your magic to compliment your swords, not the other way around. Anyway the build is fairly decent just be warned, if you invade my faith character he will hate on your magic so much it's not even funny.

Kind of ironic that I have three int builds as well ain't it? big grin
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Rifter7 Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:12 am

chameleon with the mlgs will be of more use to you vs a better player than dark bead.

actually no.. you're using a tccat so i changed it a bit for you.
    http://mmdks.com/lxr

use it.. become one with the mlgs. nah im jk, hope this gives you some insight into what's possible with what you've got. you don't need dark bead, it's kind of lame.
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:32 am

i really like my sorc build on sig, has 50 int, if i see GMB i just swap to a chaos claymore
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:57 am

Yeah Glute, that's along the lines of what I want, I want to use spells spells spells to kill people. (and unlocked mlgs r2s but that's another story) I like your spell selection, seems varried gots tools for different situations.

@ Rifter. I've actually been in the forest a ton tonight and I've gotten way more kills with CSS than with persuers and bead combined, Everyone seems ready for them so I guess I still don't understand the complains (though the times I do land Bead counters it feels kinda like pre nerf hornets rapiers) So I'm probably going to use my 5 att slots on 2 CSS 2 HCSM (this is working much better for me than persuers, faster reload time) and a single bead to deter people crowding me too much.

I'm pretty sure WDB could be great in PvP it's much easier to aim unlocked than CSS but it casts slower enough that I can't find time to use it in the forest, perhaps if I were to host some 1v1s and not be ramboing 1v2 I'd learn to like it a little more.
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:40 am

Jansports wrote:Yeah Glute, that's along the lines of what I want, I want to use spells spells spells to kill people. (and unlocked mlgs r2s but that's another story) I like your spell selection, seems varried gots tools for different situations.

@ Rifter. I've actually been in the forest a ton tonight and I've gotten way more kills with CSS than with persuers and bead combined, Everyone seems ready for them so I guess I still don't understand the complains (though the times I do land Bead counters it feels kinda like pre nerf hornets rapiers) So I'm probably going to use my 5 att slots on 2 CSS 2 HCSM (this is working much better for me than persuers, faster reload time) and a single bead to deter people crowding me too much.

I'm pretty sure WDB could be great in PvP it's much easier to aim unlocked than CSS but it casts slower enough that I can't find time to use it in the forest, perhaps if I were to host some 1v1s and not be ramboing 1v2 I'd learn to like it a little more.

WDB is great for 1v1 duels if you are in a big enough area. but in small areas and against more then 1 its not as good.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 28, 2024 9:05 pm