Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+20
RANT
Tolvo
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
bunnywink
Rudmed
Baal-Avatar
FinPeku
Emergence
Ghadis_God
tinypantha
WyrmHero
Forum Pirate
ChizFreak
Soris Ice Goldwing
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Myztyrio
reim0027
Reaperfan
Hydreigon11
ExecutionerTri
24 posters

Planning Thread for the next Event

ExecutionerTri
    ExecutionerTri
    Regular
    Regular

Planning Thread for the next Event Empty Planning Thread for the next Event

Post by ExecutionerTri Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:08 pm

So Sen's was a great time and Im sure that a ton of people in here want to get in on the next event, if there is going to be one. I figured a planning thread with suggestions and comments from members was something that could do no harm (feel free to correct me but youll be wrong).

So if you have ideas and suggestions lets pool them all together in here and let the powers that be cypher through and hopefully make a decision on the next event.

Suggestion #1

SL 80-85
    Location - Blightown Pit

So this is taking an idea from Rosie and here fight club that she had posted on youtube. Basically we all level up and head down to the pit in Blightown. The twist is its 3 people all in the pit at the same time. If 3 people becomes an issue for summoning reason we can do 1 v 1 but I think the 1 v 1 v 1 is a genius idea and was done so well by her on 360 that it should be something we all get a chance to explore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjvcPy2t0UM

Suggestion #2

SL 80-85
    Location - The Depths (In front of Blightown Gate)

Again pretty simple just with a new location. Red Signs down at the bottom of the long stair case or in front of the gate. The catch here is no elemental weapons and only poison / toxic consumables may be used to fit in with the location.

Suggestion #3

SL 125
    Location - Oolicile Township (The Great Hall) Down the elevator before the bonfire in the pit.

An all out Bring your best Build Fight Club. Lets get those primary builds out and see what we can do.

Hydreigon11
    Hydreigon11
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Planning Thread for the next Event Empty Re: Planning Thread for the next Event

Post by Hydreigon11 Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:18 pm

I'm thinking, 3 person FFA in the Artorias Arena, lvl 125.

There is too much mania in the Blighttown Pit, although the FFA there was fun, but the Artorias Arena would just be so much more fun. Also the winner of the FFA then goes to fight the host.

Or duels in treacherous terrain, Blighttwon Swamp (no rusted ring) or Lost Izalith Lava (charred ring necessary).

Or just straight up 4 man FFA's in the butterfree forest, the host would have to hold back, but could still spam poison mist or dark fog or something, maybe even fire tempest.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:34 pm

Of the two suggestions in the OP, I'd be most inclined to go with the first one in the pit as long as we ban the use of heavy AoE spells like Fire Tempest and Gravelord Greatsword Dance. Those seem a bit...hectic in that small of an arena, especially if we went with the 3 person battle royale thing.

If I were to make a suggestion, I would personally like to see a SL 60 or SL 99 Cosplay event, where we all show up with a build that's meant to mimic an NPC. There have been attempts to get something like this going before but they've never really gotten off the ground, and I think it would be fun to try happy
    ExecutionerTri
    ExecutionerTri
    Regular
    Regular

Post by ExecutionerTri Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:39 pm

Reaperfan wrote:Of the two suggestions in the OP, I'd be most inclined to go with the first one in the pit as long as we ban the use of heavy AoE spells like Fire Tempest and Gravelord Greatsword Dance. Those seem a bit...hectic in that small of an arena, especially if we went with the 3 person battle royale thing.

If I were to make a suggestion, I would personally like to see a SL 60 or SL 99 Cosplay event, where we all show up with a build that's meant to mimic an NPC. There have been attempts to get something like this going before but they've never really gotten off the ground, and I think it would be fun to try happy

The cosplay would be awesome ! I have a build that is already sitting at a 85 all geared up as a NPC so this would be a cakewalk for me. I like this idea alot
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:16 pm

I don't think doing a highly specialized event would be a good idea. We want as many people participating as possible. As soon as we start specializing like: cosplay only, fatroll, strength only, etc, then our attendance will go down.

This is a time for people to bring their best/favorite builds and fight.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:30 pm

reim0027 wrote:I don't think doing a highly specialized event would be a good idea. We want as many people participating as possible. As soon as we start specializing like: cosplay only, fatroll, strength only, etc, then our attendance will go down.

This is a time for people to bring their best/favorite builds and fight.

I see your point. Give it a few more gatherings and when people have familiarized themselves with the norms then maybe we branch off into other things.

Though I have to say, if you're gonna try and come up with specialized ideas, at least try for some stuff that offers variety silly
    "Fat roll only" or "strength builds only" would be boring as hell on any day because everyone would show up with the same stuff. At least with cosplay people still have the choice to go Casters, Tanks, Dex, Pyromancy, whatever they want, they just have their armor and weapons picked out for them happy
    Myztyrio
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Myztyrio Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:33 pm

I'd really prefer somewhere at SL120. I feel comfortable with my one build at SL120, so I think by using her I'd be able to ease myself into the competition. Then next time I'd be a bit more satisfied going level-specific. The place doesn't matter to me nearly as much as the level. It's just... The moonpit seems like the better choice, seeing as most people probably have it open.

Edit: Oolacile township would probably work just as fine happy
    ExecutionerTri
    ExecutionerTri
    Regular
    Regular

Post by ExecutionerTri Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:39 pm

Myztyrio wrote:I'd really prefer somewhere at SL120. I feel comfortable with my one build at SL120, so I think by using her I'd be able to ease myself into the competition. Then next time I'd be a bit more satisfied going level-specific. The place doesn't matter to me nearly as much as the level. It's just... The moonpit seems like the better choice, seeing as most people probably have it open.

Edit: Oolacile township would probably work just as fine happy

see I think the level variety opens it up for people and makes it a bit more difficult because you CANT just run with what you know. you have to adjust to the situation which makes it more fun IMO
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:44 pm

ExecutionerTri wrote:see I think the level variety opens it up for people and makes it a bit more difficult because you CANT just run with what you know. you have to adjust to the situation which makes it more fun IMO

It definitely makes it more interesting for the people who are used to constantly making new builds. But I can see where he's coming from where if you aren't really used to the FC scene it'd be more relaxing to be able to take something you've already made and know what you're doing without having to wonder stuff like "did I pick the right stats" or "maybe I should've gone with another weapon..." Work with what you know, just in a different environment, and when you're accustomed to that new environment and have an idea for what works, then you can feel comfortable experimenting. More people participating is never bad winking
    Myztyrio
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Myztyrio Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:58 pm

I'd be fine with making the new build, it'd just be tempting not to ruin one of the current lower-level builds I have which would have originally been planned to go down a different path. Plus, I have too many builds already, and I keep having to erase one around monthly. Does this mean I should make a second account for DkS, or?
    Hydreigon11
    Hydreigon11
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Hydreigon11 Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:17 pm

I don't think the township would be good for duels, random invasions there are too frequent.

I would prefer to have level 120 events, since I have three different builds at that level that I use for PvP and I think branching into the crazier shiz after that (fat rolling, no roll etc). Plus for us noobies, it'd be a good way to acclimatise ourselves to how the forumers fight, with our best abilities.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:26 pm

I like the cosplay idea. Finally gives me an excuse to go ahead and make my Mimic cosplay build. :mask-averice:

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=379857954166477093
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:30 pm

A cosplay event sounds like a good idea if we make builds that let us fight like the npcs. On locations I'm not sure but the township is too full with the chance that gankers would summon the invaders. Perhaps painted world can work?
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:34 pm

I don't support cosplay, I mean I would love that kind, but I think this is not the time, we first need to make some "standard" events, and I feel the next event should be an standard lvl 100 event hosted at the Arena in Blighttown, at the Arena of Artorias (though in Royal Woods you have quite some invaders).

After that event, I believe it would okay to make a cosplay event happy, I would go with Leeroy OBVIOUSLY!!!!!!!!!! But make the Cosplay event 120 plz
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:45 pm

I am down for a sl 80-85 event. 1v1v1 and 2v2 fights are tons of fun too, though I'd place that event in an area like the Painted World arena so people have some space to dodge spells and UGS.
    Myztyrio
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Myztyrio Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:48 pm

Hydreigon11 wrote:I don't think the township would be good for duels, random invasions there are too frequent.

I would prefer to have level 120 events, since I have three different builds at that level that I use for PvP and I think branching into the crazier shiz after that (fat rolling, no roll etc). Plus for us noobies, it'd be a good way to acclimatise ourselves to how the forumers fight, with our best abilities.

This is where I stand.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:49 pm

I miss the old SL 120. sad
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:54 pm

I don't. Know how most people seem to feel about the old dwgr? Thats kinda how I feel about 120. Can be fun, usually dull. 1000 people and 3 builds between them. Nobody has any weaknesses.
    tinypantha
    tinypantha
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by tinypantha Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:57 pm

sl 100-120 in the Painting hall, Annor Londo to "Tour Lordran"?
    We just finished Sen's. So now we can do Annor Londo then Painted world Arena sl 150?
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:02 pm

I'm liking 125 in the township, not least because I have a killer 125 that I absolutely adore playing as. 80 is a bit of an awkward level, and a lot of us who were 55 for a cov reason (read: Darkstalkers) can't level up to 80 without making a whole new toon.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:08 pm

The higher you go, the less that come. Harder to build to, takes more time. The goal for these events is to get as many people in as possible. That translates to simple format, and attainable build goals.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:08 pm

A question I have is where? What area can we use next cause her's what I got for the xbox when it comes to PvP:

Depths: a quiet area with low invaders at some levels with questers on their first playthrough. Most players should be able to avoid this place on NG+ through so it serves as good if hard to manuver(?) spot.

Artorias' arena: Not the normal place for gankers or randoms. A lot of players either go to get Artorias or kill Kalameet. From invading it takes a while for the target to get to the arena. A good spot.

Painted world: It all falls to the sl we use. Some levels are higher for invades than others. Theres still the chance for gankers but that should be controlled easily. It's wide most should have access to it and lets face it, who wants to kill Priscilla?

I'm still working on this list but for now: Suggestions?
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:12 pm

SL 80, Dusk's cove. I wanna see how people make their builds when they have to give up one ring slot for the rusted iron ring winking
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:31 pm

80-85's a brilliant sl. Its just enough to hit (or get very close to) 40 in 3 stats. (ie 41 str/ 40 vit/ 40 end as a bandit)

What this means is that there are much more definitive "classes" with sets of strengths and weaknesses. Str builds get damage but are slow, dex is weak but quick, hybrids are versatile but pay for the lack of focus with hp/armor, casters are extremely high damage but generally fragile and extremely vulnerable to pressure.

It is a little ackward, as 80 isn't used for anything specific, but builds and strategies get very complicated as one tries to cover the weaknesses of their build with skill rather than stats.

Its also fairly easy to get to 80-85. I finished my most recent in 8 hours, the slow way instead farming the forest npcs and having to hunt down spells at that.

If you haven't done it, I strongly encourage you to try. The exiled do 80's and will be willing to duel. 85 is within the invasion limit for sl 100's too, so there is plenty of action if you're sick of us.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:34 pm

Shouldn't most people already have builds at that level though E? I know few who have 80's and even fewer who have the capacity to roll one specifically for the event. Personally, I had fun in an old Gravelord event that dueled at SL20 or 30 with limits on weapons and upgrade levels. We could do that.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:47 am