Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+20
RANT
Tolvo
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
bunnywink
Rudmed
Baal-Avatar
FinPeku
Emergence
Ghadis_God
tinypantha
WyrmHero
Forum Pirate
ChizFreak
Soris Ice Goldwing
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Myztyrio
reim0027
Reaperfan
Hydreigon11
ExecutionerTri
24 posters

Planning Thread for the next Event

Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Planning Thread for the next Event - Page 2 Empty Re: Planning Thread for the next Event

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:39 pm

When people do events, a many like to experiment with new things, because they have a reson beyond curiosity to do it. Unless its an actual tournament, why take the same old build to it?
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Planning Thread for the next Event - Page 2 Empty Re: Planning Thread for the next Event

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:43 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:When people do events, a many like to experiment with new things, because they have a reson beyond curiosity to do it. Unless its an actual tournament, why take the same old build to it?

Try something that's not orthodox in Dark Souls PvP?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:58 pm

I don't want the SLs to go too high. I think SL 80 is a good maximum.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:08 pm

I just find the low lvls fun and accessible for both newcomers and people who like to make new builds. I was a big fan of this 55 ledge to be honest. I know a lot of people already have stuff at 100-120 but I liked that everyone's build was fresh and there was plenty of differentiation. Even if you had several 55's already built, if you decided you wanted to make a new one, you were able to do so in a couple of hours easily. It's also such a good ledge to have on reserve, because it's a sl that's viable anywhere on the map, and it makes you make thoughtful choices whereas a 120 gives you everything you want and tends to homogenize the meta.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:11 pm

I like Fin's Dusk Cove idea, BTW.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:17 pm

^ That gives me an idea. How about we try areas that are completly unheard and never used before?
    Baal-Avatar
    Baal-Avatar
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Baal-Avatar Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:41 pm

I just had a chance to read through this and thanks for taking the time to help come up with ideas for future events. A lot of the ideas sound very interesting. As someone mentioned, I have always liked the Blighttown pit for its atmosphere and arena feeling. It is a little small for AOA spells, but those could always be adjusted for the rules. I am interested in hearing what other ideas you all have.
    Rudmed
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Rudmed Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:43 pm

FinPeku wrote:SL 80, Dusk's cove. I wanna see how people make their builds when they have to give up one ring slot for the rusted iron ring winking

Give up a ring for rusted iron ring..... never...I shall trudge slowly toward you in an intimidating fashion! I may just be a porcupine by the time I reach you!
    bunnywink
    bunnywink
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning!

Post by bunnywink Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:51 pm

I'm not sure if this was mentioned yet, but I actually do like the Blighttown pit because it's so close to the bonfire. There's no chance that someone will accidentally die while going back to pick up their humanity/souls. :face:

I would like to see other areas used in the next event though. Like that area with the mimic in Oolacile township. Or even TotG the room with the giant skeletons and the ember (it's sooooo dark). How would that even work? I don't know, but it would be cool.

I also like the idea of low levels. Some people weren't able to make their builds in time at SL55, so I can't imagine how difficult it will be if we raised it to SL100.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:04 pm

100 is the best for me. At that level you can make ANYTHING you can think of. While not being more OP than what you could be able to do at 55 without sacrificing VIT. I mean, builds that want 50 STR with high health, Pure casters (99 INT) with lot health. All of this would be far better and indeed add more variety.

And it would stop with everyone using elemental weapons. No differentiion there E. Everyone used elemental Curved Swords, Elemental Balder Side Sword, and some used Elemental Greatswords.

What about a pure bow build? It could be made far better at level 100.

At level 55 the only thing we get is either VIT and END builds with elemental weapons, or heavy magic casters which have THE SAME FIREPOWER than melee builds because at that level Elemental is one of the best choices.

It you want variety, 100 is the way to go, everyone talks about variety at 55, and it's not true to me. 100 is the best spot to not have everyone doing everything but still people able to completely specialize in a stat without being made from paper.

I agree with the part that says it takes less time to make 55 builds, still, there is nothing we can do about that.

55 feels very limited to me on what you can do, not because "i want to have high stats in everything lolz" but because of creativity.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:42 pm

unheard of areas you say soris?

the divine ember room in tomb of the giants.

Lost izalith

The bridge before ceaseless discharge (you can invade and drop sign there)

Underwater new londo (this is actually a glitch, it lets people into a low visibility area under the water of drained new londo)

The catacombs bottom floor ( summon leeroy to clear the wheels and fight the first red sign dropper)

The archives prison (its a no online area but you can drop sign just out side its doors then walk in)
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:56 pm

Chiz, weapons I saw:

Curved Swords
    Spears
    Great Swords
    Scythe
    Great Scythe
    Great Club
    Claws
    Guardian Tail Whip
    Falchion
    Bow
    Xbow
    Balder
    Dagger

That's just off the top of my head. Elemental or not, I'd say that's great variety when there were only 40 or so participants.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:04 pm

sparkly-twinkly-lizard wrote:unheard of areas you say soris?

the divine ember room in tomb of the giants.

Lost izalith

The bridge before ceaseless discharge (you can invade and drop sign there)

Underwater new londo (this is actually a glitch, it lets people into a low visibility area under the water of drained new londo)

The catacombs bottom floor ( summon leeroy to clear the wheels and fight the first red sign dropper)

The archives prison (its a no online area but you can drop sign just out side its doors then walk in)

Yeah like that. Out of all the areas the game has dlc or not how many places in each are used for PvP? Think outside the box in locations.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:07 pm

I also saw Velka's rapier, the GLS, the PGS, the MSGS, the Shotel, and the Partizan, adding onto E's list and just off the top of my head.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:08 pm

Ceaseless is a particularly fun spot, there is a large circular area you can fight in right next to the fog gate, or have bridge battles. Ceaseless can be skipped as well, so we could be set up for fighting Gwyn or Manus and keep it going. Invasions there are nearly unheard of too.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:08 pm

I slapped on a Mura. But, didn't duel. IT was a 55 mura build however.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:45 pm

Ceaseless is a good spot, it's not a terrible run to drop your sign in front of the fog and no-one ever invades there. If we do a SL80 event, I second Tolvo's nomination of the Ceaseless boss fog.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:59 pm

i say demon's ruins right before the shortcut. the home of the chaos legion ftw!!!
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:10 am

Darkroot basin?
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:21 am

Forum Pirate wrote:Darkroot basin?

If everyone kills the hydra. For the dlc how about the area with the humanities, and the area before the room with the ghosts and darwraiths close to the fog gate?
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:34 am

Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:
    Forum Pirate wrote:Darkroot basin?

If everyone kills the hydra. For the dlc how about the area with the humanities, and the area before the room with the ghosts and darwraiths close to the fog gate?

Too dark. Also for DLC the best area is the Artorias Arena. You just need to kill Artorias (duh), then talk to Gough so he takes down Kalameet, then the Royal Woods become "active" for online again, but with the Artorias Arena accessible by you and others.
    bunnywink
    bunnywink
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning!

Post by bunnywink Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:00 am

I like the Ceaseless idea. Plus, you can fall off if you're not careful. How cool is that? LOL
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:02 am

It's not much of a problem actually, I've dueled there a bit and there's more room than there looks. The only potential problem is that casters will retreat to the bridge where dodging Soul Spears is diffcult, which isn't terrible. All you really need to do to unlock it is beat Quelaag too.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:09 am

Okay then do we agree to use some part of the demon ruins?
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:10 am

I think its more hypothetical than set outright. Just Ideas until someone plans another.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 9:40 am