Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+20
RANT
Tolvo
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
bunnywink
Rudmed
Baal-Avatar
FinPeku
Emergence
Ghadis_God
tinypantha
WyrmHero
Forum Pirate
ChizFreak
Soris Ice Goldwing
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Myztyrio
reim0027
Reaperfan
Hydreigon11
ExecutionerTri
24 posters

Planning Thread for the next Event

Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Planning Thread for the next Event - Page 3 Empty Re: Planning Thread for the next Event

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:14 am

Well then we might as well give the one planning the next event some commomn ground to work with.
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Planning Thread for the next Event - Page 3 Empty Re: Planning Thread for the next Event

Post by Oh_the_Humanity Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:15 am

Are we going to try and have PC player in on this one?
    I wouldn't mind hosting it. I've never hosted a battle before but I'm sure I can manage and I would have a blast doing it.
    It would be nice to find at least one other PC player that wants to host along with me so we can switch it up and fight as well.
    Just puttin' it out there that I'm all for it.
    Anyone else that wants to bring PC into these battles let us know.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:18 am

Hahaha we'll pick the event locale. These are after all Pantheon Official events. But we'll take all ideas into consideration! happy
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Oh_the_Humanity Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:18 am

If PC doesnt end up working out, I think Im gonna fork out the cash for a used PS3 and a copy of DkS and DeS while Im at it
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:26 am

Emergence wrote:Hahaha we'll pick the event locale. These are after all Pantheon Official events. But we'll take all ideas into consideration! happy

I know I'm going to regret asking this but what does the Pantheon do exactly?
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:30 am

It's the Admin/Mod team. Your devoted deities silly
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:34 am

Emergence wrote:It's the Admin/Mod team. Your devoted deities silly

How comes I never heard of such thing as the "Pantheon" silly? Some dark things are going around here it seems... haha
    crbngville2
    crbngville2
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by crbngville2 Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:20 pm

I wouldn't mind doing another SL55 event. If you raise the cap, might as well got to 125. Location? Wherever?
    bunnywink
    bunnywink
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning!

Post by bunnywink Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:44 pm

ChizFreak wrote:
    Emergence wrote:It's the Admin/Mod team. Your devoted deities silly

How comes I never heard of such thing as the "Pantheon" silly? Some dark things are going around here it seems... haha

https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t15046-the-pantheon-covenant-of-the-gods

big grin

crbngville2 wrote:I wouldn't mind doing another SL55 event. If you raise the cap, might as well got to 125. Location? Wherever?

The only problem with raising the SL cap is that the event will not be accessible to those who can't make their characters in time. A lower SL cap ensures that more people will be able to participate, since it's less time consuming to get your build to SL55.
    crbngville2
    crbngville2
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by crbngville2 Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:56 pm

@Bunnywink

Like i said, sl 55 is fine by me.
    tinypantha
    tinypantha
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by tinypantha Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:42 pm

SL 55 should be the cap.

Areas should be pre annor londo for easy access (maybe)

Areas should be Non-DLC areas for more attendes

Please this time make to easier to record (sens spot offered a bad angle)

Needs to be near a bonfire

consider optional areas!

Depths would be ideal imo but quite dark.

Demon's Ruins: Even More Ideal!

Painted World: No: Too many invaders

DarkRoot Basin: Darkmoon Rampancy going on here on xbox

Arty Arena: DLC and thats Far East Trainer Turf! (not that it matters)

Dukes Archies: Wonderful area would be the spot where you activate the hidden bookshelf with ecorder in either door.

Restrictions: NONE! 'cept heal 'cuz we aint n' scrubs. y' h'er me?
    ExecutionerTri
    ExecutionerTri
    Regular
    Regular

Post by ExecutionerTri Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:43 pm

i love the amount of ideas in here
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:05 am

I hope somebody actually reads this. happy
    I feel like I'm getting ingored here for the past few days. sad

Anyway, here I go!

Level ranges

SL 50-55
    This is a good limit, but all the builds I've met in Sen's event were either elementals, or Int casters with no HP. Not much variety there, equipment aside. However, a lot of us kept those SL 55s I presume, so the attendance could be very high if this SL is used again.

SL 80-85
    Sounds great when it comes to point distribution, especially after reading what Forum Pirate wrote about it. Although I have no experience there, it should be viable for all build types and they should be very versatile. I'm not sure about the attendance, though as I myself don't have a character in this SL range.

SL 99-100
    Seems good when it comes to attendance, because there's a lot of players having SL 100s for the Arena, so they could use those, without the need to make a new build. It also has enough points to make some really strong builds, but I'm afraid that their versatility will be on par with 120s.

SL 120-125
    This is where I have most builds and it may be too high. I get the feeling that the PvP meta is moving, if it didn't move already, to lower SLs and maybe it's the right thing to do. Builds on this range seem to be slightly OP, in that they can have a lot of points to Min/Max and still keep some spare points. However attendance should be at it's peek, because I'm fairly sure, that everyone has at least one build in this SL range.

Rant

I would personally like it to be SL 55, or SL 120, only for personal reasons and that is just me, having no spirit left to make another build after over 1000 hours of DkS. I just can't bring myself to do all the farming, running, questing etc over again. I'm tired of it and just want to PvP, maybe some co-op now. 😢

While copied, the effort to make that SL 55 for Sen's in time, took high toll on me.

Locations

Blighttown Pit
    This place seems good and hosts can watch from the safety above. It may be good for recording as well, but the visibility there might lower the video quality?

Pros:
    • There should be next to no invasions, so the event should go uninterrupted.
    • Host has good safety area.

Cons:
    • The place seems too small and evading big weapons and spells might be difficult, if not impossible.
    • Not killing Quelaag means that hosts will have to go to the next NG cycle, which can lower the overall number of hosts.

Darkroot Basin

Pros:
    • There should be little number of invasions.
    • Easy to acess since people usually don't kill Moonlight Butterfly.

Cons:
    • The need to wear Rusted Iron Ring.
    • Are summon signs visible in the water? I sure can't see Dusks in it.
    • My armor will get rusty. sad
    • I'm too fat for my swimming trunks. :oops:

Painted World

Pros:
    • Ideal place for such events thanks to it's size.
    • Easy to acess and people usually don't kill Priscilla.
    • Host has good safety area on the stairs.

Cons:
    • There will be a LOT of invasions.
    • It's very cold.

Archives

Pros:
    • Very close to the bonfire.

Cons:
    • Small lock on range will hinder casters a lot.
    • Channeller can snipe the host from above.
    • There will be a lot of invasions.

Anor Londo
    The place above the entrance to the cathedral itself, or possibly down, where Royal Sentinel are.

Pros:

Cons:
    • Not killing O&S means that hosts will have to go to the next NG cycle, which can lower the overall number of hosts.
    • Hosts have no safe place with good visibility.
    • Might have quite a lot of invasions, depending on SL.

Artorias' Arena
    Pros:
    • Perfect for this type of event, not only by location, but also by design.
    • Hosts can stand in the path leading to Royal Wood and have perfect view on the battle and have combatants have enough space to evade host, so they don't endanger him/her.

Cons:
    • Requires DLC, which can lower number of attendants.
    • There will be some invasions, but nothing major. However invaders can spawn close to the host.

Or, we could do it at Sen's again. winking

Burg, Kiln, Forest and Township are PvP hotspots. Holding an event there will be next to impossible with the number of invaders.

Rant

I would LOVE to PvP in the area where you fight Sanctuary Guardian.
    Safe, big, good view for host and it has water.

If I can, I'm voting for Artorias' Arena and SL 100.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:58 am

If we do go with a high SL event I might come in Cosplaying as Hawkeye Gough.

I shall get a victory somehow.
    Murkulanvippi
    Murkulanvippi
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Murkulanvippi Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:42 am

Just passed the 55 line the other day with my sen's toon, going to make it 99/100. Hoping the soul lvl for the upcoming event would be announced soon, so that I wouldn't lvl up too much. I could always make a new toon but would prefer to stick with this one and focus on PvP.

My vote for the area would be artorias arena or blighttown pit. Sen's would be fine too, think it was great place
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:57 am

Tolvo wrote:If we do go with a high SL event I might come in Cosplaying as Hawkeye Gough.

I've tried that on SL 120 and it's hell of a fun. Although I died a lot, the occasional Greatbow kill felt all that more satisfying. twisted
    tinypantha
    tinypantha
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by tinypantha Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:04 am

No DLC Areas ever. They will limit the number of people showing up and we should probably move areas to post sen's or optional areas like Painted World, Dukes Archives, Dark Londo or New Londo Ruins.
    tinypantha
    tinypantha
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by tinypantha Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:05 am

Sentiel wrote:
    Tolvo wrote:If we do go with a high SL event I might come in Cosplaying as Hawkeye Gough.

I've tried that on SL 120 and it's hell of a fun. Although I died a lot, the occasional Greatbow kill felt all that more satisfying. twisted
    I never cosplayed as Gough bc he is a tubby but I have ran thru the woods with a greatbow and all the kills were funny.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:16 am

tinypantha wrote:No DLC Areas ever. They will limit the number of people showing up and we should probably move areas to post sen's or optional areas like Painted World, Dukes Archives, Dark Londo or New Londo Ruins.
    Where exactly in New Londo do you see a good place to hold an event?

The buildings are very dark and small, so only two areas I can think of are the pond of water where you can drop from the starting area with two ghosts and the place near the gate leading to Valley of Drakes.

None of them seem very good to me and I'm not sure if the lock on range is normal there. I admit I have fought like...5, or 6 times in New Londo. I usualy just rush through and kill Four Kings. happy
    bunnywink
    bunnywink
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning!

Post by bunnywink Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:13 pm

^I always thought the roof top in New Londo was nice for duels. It's just a PITA to get there.
    tinypantha
    tinypantha
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by tinypantha Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:16 pm

Well I have NEVER seen an event in New Londo so I wunna do one there now soooo bad.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:42 pm

The Blighttown Pit is great for run of the mill impromptu FC's and such, it's been used a lot though. I am thinking to keep it as the between major event spot and do the big pre planned things in fresh places. Also for these big official Wiki events look for the SL's to stay low and not not in DLC spots to get as big a crowd as possible.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:35 pm

i say sl 50 since a lot of people already have an sl 50 for the arena or invading. and darkroom would add some variety.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:42 pm

I vote for SL 120, we can't let this SL to die. Plus it's the only way I can make a decent hardcore Str build.

@Sentiel We had a tourney in the Anor Londo roof, right above Solaire's bonfire. It's like Sens but classier enviroment, and big.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:43 pm

lol I just said low lvls silly

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 10:49 pm