Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Shibuya's quote on upgrading Dark Souls 2

Oh_the_Humanity
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Shibuya's quote on upgrading Dark Souls 2 Empty Shibuya's quote on upgrading Dark Souls 2

Post by Oh_the_Humanity Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:39 am

Im getting more and more excited and less and less worried about whats going to happen with Dark Souls 2. Reading this today only enforces those feelings. Shibuya said:

“The idea is to get Dark Souls and what made it great, and give it a major upgrade,” said Shibuya. “Rather than focusing on shading and lighting technologies, I believe that having a more realistic atmosphere while showing better details of the monsters and their expressions would definitely have a bigger impact.”

This is great! I was worried about them upgrading the graphics to much, taking away from that dark dream-like quality that the graphics have at the moment.
    I absolutely love the lighting effects in DkS. The way your armor reflects differently in each area is amazing.
    Focusing on background detail and facial expressions on the enemies and Im sure the players as well is exactly what DkS2 needs.
    I think the background is one of the only things graphically that really suffered in DkS. If they put as much detail into the background, like trees, rocks, and the way the bottom of buildings match up with the ground DkS 2 will look amazing, which it sounds like its going to.

Info Source: http://gaming.do.co.za/articles/news/darksouls2_2013_details_fromsoftware_tomohiro.htm
    Ashran
    Ashran
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Shibuya's quote on upgrading Dark Souls 2 Empty Re: Shibuya's quote on upgrading Dark Souls 2

Post by Ashran Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:52 am

Why putting more detail in a mountain when you can use more polygons in a demon ***? DARK SOUS LOGIC.
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Shibuya's quote on upgrading Dark Souls 2 Empty Re: Shibuya's quote on upgrading Dark Souls 2

Post by Oh_the_Humanity Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:08 am

Ashran wrote:Why putting more detail in a mountain when you can use more polygons in a demon ***? DARK SOUS LOGIC.

Because there trying to make the atmoshere more realistic, and in order to do that you have to make things look better than the way it was done in DkS, which was pretty sloppy. Now that doesnt make it a bad game Im just quoting Shibuya here he said: "I believe that having a more realistic atmosphere while showing better details of the monsters and their expressions would definitely have a bigger impact"

So as you can see its not an either or thing here, he wants to improve the atmosphere (mountains buildings trees) while showing better details on monsters.
    ClassicBlaze
    ClassicBlaze
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ClassicBlaze Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:41 am

Ashran wrote:Why putting more detail in a mountain when you can use more polygons in a demon ***? DARK SOUS LOGIC.

Havent you heard? quality demons *** is what sell games these days!

On-topic though...I lurve sum good visuals, I never asked for huge graphic improvement, I dont care about it, I just want more moments of awesome, breath taking views.
    mr_no_face
    mr_no_face
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by mr_no_face Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:46 am

demon expressions The anger filled snarling faces of the strong and the cowering quivering lip of the weak hell yes
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Oh_the_Humanity Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:47 am

ClassicBlaze wrote:

On-topic though...I lurve sum good visuals, I never asked for huge graphic improvement, I dont care about it, I just want more moments of awesome, breath taking views.

Thats why I think this quote is great, because there not going to focus on ridiculously good graphics. What it sounds like is there going to keep the graphics the way they are (with some improvement of course) but to make everything else as good as the characters and enemies are, then give enemies (and players Im sure) emotions and facial expressions.
    Thats what I got from it.
    Imagine if the background had as much detail as the player in DkS. The game would have the best graphics ever!
    Ashran
    Ashran
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Ashran Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:02 am

Yes please, give some pixels to the background. Pretty please, from software.
    ClassicBlaze
    ClassicBlaze
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ClassicBlaze Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:50 am

Oh_the_Humanity wrote:
    ClassicBlaze wrote:

Thats why I think this quote is great, because there not going to focus on ridiculously good graphics. What it sounds like is there going to keep the graphics the way they are (with some improvement of course) but to make everything else as good as the characters and enemies are, then give enemies (and players Im sure) emotions and facial expressions.
    Thats what I got from it.
    Imagine if the background had as much detail as the player in DkS. The game would have the best graphics ever!

Oh yesh! That would be great! I can imagine myself getting murdered by some well detailed laughing demon, while also seeing the pained expression in my character with an epic view in the background....aahhh....Dark Souls 2....
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Oh_the_Humanity Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:57 pm

I have a feeling we may be seeing this by Christmas this year.
    Maybe not, but Im going to pray for it Prayer
    DE5PA1R
    DE5PA1R
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DE5PA1R Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:12 pm

I too was heartened (? opposite of disheartened anyway) at that quote.

Realizing what the expression on Ceaseless's face was about after picking up the orange charred ring? Poignant.
    mr_no_face
    mr_no_face
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by mr_no_face Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:36 pm

Oh_the_Humanity wrote:I have a feeling we may be seeing this by Christmas this year.
    Maybe not, but Im going to pray for it Shibuya's quote on upgrading Dark Souls 2 3510096238

yeah they said it will come out for 360 and ps3 so IF new consoles come out by Xmas I'm strongly hoping for another October release big grin I can see them flushing it out ready and full by then i mean it was only put into FULL production last August/ October ? whenever they released PC and then DLC for the game and so at most 3 months of sort of working on it OR 2 months of hardcore working on it = 25% done I have high hopes they started all the concept art WHILE doing DlC work so thats a years work of storyboarding and art work done already not much left if they are already putting the game together ? right?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:40 am