Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Elemental Bow (RESOLVED)

Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Elemental Bow (RESOLVED) Empty Elemental Bow (RESOLVED)

Post by Sentiel Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:50 am

I have a SL 55 from the Sen's event and I wanted to give it a Bow, but it only has 14 Dex, so I decided to create a elemental bow.
    Since there's only Fire Arrows I will make the Bow also Fire.

Should I make the Bow Fire, or Chaos?

I'm asking this, because after some googling, I found some people stating that Chaos scaling doesn't work for Bows, even though you can see it in the menu and some claiming Chaos Bows to be monstrously powerfull.

I got upgrade materials to make only one of the, so I would really appreaciate your help.

Thanks guys.

Last edited by Sentiel on Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:59 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : RESOLVED)
    steveswede
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Elemental Bow (RESOLVED) Empty Re: Elemental Bow (RESOLVED)

Post by steveswede Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:06 am

Just do fire, it a safe bet and the numbers between fire and chaos are very little. Also it's worth doing one fire and one lighting as you will do less damage to enemies if they have high resistance to your elemental bow, like the Blighttown creatures that blow fire, they have a very high resistance to fire.
    robsthedon
    robsthedon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by robsthedon Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:13 am

Make a chaos comp use fire and poison arrows
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:38 am

steveswede wrote:Just do fire, it a safe bet and the numbers between fire and chaos are very little. Also it's worth doing one fire and one lighting as you will do less damage to enemies if they have high resistance to your elemental bow, like the Blighttown creatures that blow fire, they have a very high resistance to fire.
    That's the problem, out of all the topics I've googled some claimed Chaos doesn't scale and some claimed it's a lot stronger than Fire. All of those, because there's something broken with it's Chaos scaling.

If it really is stronger than Fire by a lot, it would be a waste not to have it, but if it's actually weaker, it would be a waste of titanite.

I want the bow for PvP, so no worries about PvE. ^^
    robsthedon
    robsthedon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by robsthedon Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:47 am

Chaos is not gonna be weaker, I have both we can test if you want.

Edit: in fact I know fire is weaker, I have used in pve and I use more arrows happy
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:58 am

robsthedon wrote:Chaos is not gonna be weaker, I have both we can test if you want.

Edit: in fact I know fire is weaker, I have used in pve and I use more arrows happy
    That solves it.

Thank you very much.

And I shall be making meself a Chaos Composite Bow today and burn some hosts in Forest. cheers
    steveswede
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by steveswede Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:21 pm

Sentiel wrote:
    steveswede wrote:Just do fire, it a safe bet and the numbers between fire and chaos are very little. Also it's worth doing one fire and one lighting as you will do less damage to enemies if they have high resistance to your elemental bow, like the Blighttown creatures that blow fire, they have a very high resistance to fire.
    That's the problem, out of all the topics I've googled some claimed Chaos doesn't scale and some claimed it's a lot stronger than Fire. All of those, because there's something broken with it's Chaos scaling.

If it really is stronger than Fire by a lot, it would be a waste not to have it, but if it's actually weaker, it would be a waste of titanite.

I want the bow for PvP, so no worries about PvE. ^^

TAKE THIS WITH A PINCH OF SALT BECAUSE I'VE JUST FOUND OUT THAT THE ENTIRE BOW UPGRADE SYSTEM IS BUGGED. SOME OF MY CHARACTERS HAVE PHYSICAL SCALING ON ELEMENTAL WEAPONS WHILE OTHERS DON'T. THERE IS NO LINK TO BB GLITCH TOONS BECAUSE BOTH GLITCHED AND NON GLITCHED TOONS HAVE ELEMENTAL BOWS THAT SCALE AND ONES THAT DON'T. I HAVE NO IDEA WHERE THIS SCALING IS COMING FROM.

Fire Composite Bow +10

Physical 181 +42 (223)
    Fire 181

Chaos Composite Bow +5 Zero humanity

Physical 127 +42 (169)
    Fire 170

Chaos Composite Bow +5 Ten Humanity
    Physical 127 +77 (204)
    Fire 170 +35 (205)

Fire +10 is technically better due to it having the highest physical damage (total 404)
    Chaos +5 & ten humanity is better by five points (total 409)

I bet that the points between these two would be very little and I was right but chaos is the one that's disadvantaged the most due to enemies and human players being more resistant to fire than physical. Unless you're planning to attack slimes all day with the bow, there is no real benefit to using the chaos path.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:47 pm

I was actually planning to use Fire Arrows with it and aim to do the most possible Fire damage rather than physical, since I have only 14 Dex.

If I wanted physical damage, I'm sure Composite +15 would outdamage both of these, even with my stats.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 26, 2024 10:58 pm